Babysitting

bugze380

Officialy Princess has not babysitting options available. Do not know if they can arrange any "unofficial" service like that but you should contact them to get an answer. But get it in writting.

Ask a teenage girl to babysit.

If I brought a child on a cruise, I would not be enthused about them babysitting. Not after all the money we have paid for the cruise.

Perhaps OP can bring along a teenager to car for the child.

I know at 1 years old my daughter is too young to participate in the youth programs, but does Princess have any babysitting options even if there is an additional charge?

I know for a fact that Disney offers this service. Don't believe Princess does.

No. But you can bring her to the kids' club and play with her there or you can go to guest services and ask if any of the club counselors could babysit (for a fee, of course) on their time off. Never hurts to ask.

We have taken a baby on a cruise. I don't think you can get babysitting services for a child that young. They do have a sort of after hours set up in the kids' club for older ones (and that has a fee.) Your best bet is to take along your own sitter (which in my case was me so my DD and SIL could enjoy the dancing and other activities on the ship.)

I know for a fact that Disney offers this service. Don't believe Princess does.

Disney has the nursery available for children 6 months - age 3. They do not have babysitting in your stateroom. The current charge is $9 per hour.

When a child turns 3, they move to the programming which is included in the cruise fare.

I know at 1 years old my daughter is too young to participate in the youth programs, but does Princess have any babysitting options even if there is an additional charge?

From the Princess website

"Additional Reminders Children under 3 are not permitted in the Youth Center unless accompanied by a parent at all times. Youth Center staff cannot administer medication, bottle-feed, change diapers, or provide meal service.* Private in-cabin babysitting is not available on any Princess ship. All children must be potty-trained."

Based on the above I would say the answer to your question is no.

From the Princess website

"Additional Reminders Children under 3 are not permitted in the Youth Center unless accompanied by a parent at all times. Youth Center staff cannot administer medication, bottle-feed, change diapers, or provide meal service.* Private in-cabin babysitting is not available on any Princess ship. All children must be potty-trained."

Based on the above I would say the answer to your question is no.

I don't know if that is enforced but I can certainly understand that Princess likely doesn't really have the facilities to handle soiled diapers.

I believe this to mean that all children in the Youth Center must be potty trained. We say plenty of infants and toddlers on our last Princess cruise....so it can't mean that they aren't allowed on the ship!

That makes much more sense. :)

I believe this to mean that all children in the Youth Center must be potty trained. We say plenty of infants and toddlers on our last Princess cruise....so it can't mean that they aren't allowed on the ship!

That's exactly what it means. Even Princess is not dumb enough to expect a six-month-old to be potty trained. Six months is the minimum age for sailing.

If I brought a child on a cruise, I would not be enthused about them babysitting. Not after all the money we have paid for the cruise.

Perhaps OP can bring along a teenager to car for the child.

That is exactly what my Mom did when she took me on a 3 day cruise (1984). She brought a family friend's daughter who was 18. It was nice to know my son was in good hands. :)

Thanks all for the clarifications. If I hadn't booked this cruise years ago (before I was pregnant), I probably would have gone with a line with the in room babysitting had I thought about it. Now, at least my daughter is a night owl and goes to sleep late so we'll be able to enjoy everything with her. We'll still have a great time I'm sure.