Chef's Table on Equinox?

Are you guys thinking of the Captain's Table instead of the Chef's Table? Don't think Chef's Table has anything to do with formal nights v. chic nights, and people have recently reported experiencing Chef's Table on S-Class ships, such as this post regarding a sailing on Eclipse two months ago:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2346416&highlight=chef+s+table

Are you guys thinking of the Captain's Table instead of the Chef's Table? Don't think Chef's Table has anything to do with formal nights v. chic nights, and people have recently reported experiencing Chef's Table on S-Class ships, such as this post regarding a sailing on Eclipse two months ago:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2346416&highlight=chef+s+table

I was, my bad!

Unless this is a very recent change, where is the official Celebrity poster coming from? We were on Eclipse on a 2 week March 20, 2016 cruise and the Chef's table was alive and well. We enjoyed it in Murano one night. It never had any thing to do with formal night and M class ships don't even have a Murano equivalent with the switch to Tuscan during dry dock.

I think those of us on CC do a much better job of answering questions.

I just came off the Equinox TA from Ft Lauderdale to Barcelona (April 15-29) and attended the Chef's Table there. It's not advertised - we were in a suite and the Luminae hostess told us about it. Even without being advertised there was a big enough demand that they had a waiting list and ended up opening up a 2nd night for the Chef's Table.

It was great - we had a tour of the galley, including the big wine cellar in the main dining room. Then we had a 5 course meal with wine pairings and a spectacular desert. It was held in Murano and the executive sous chef hosted us. At the end each couple got a photograph and a copy of the Celebrity coffee table cookbook. The women also got a rose.

I think it was ~$280/couple. In addition to the Chef's table there was also a progressive dinner that I think was ~$200/couple that you could do where you visit each of the specialty restaurants for each course of the meal.

If you're interested I would inquire with your maitre d as soon as you can to see if they're offering it. The dinner is for only 8 people (4 couples).

We did the Chef's Table while on Equinox. It was not advertised -- you had to check with the Maitre'D in Murano to set one up. It cost $279 and was a big disappointment as they served the same foods off the regular Murano menu. We did get wine and a 50 lb cookbook you had to carry home on the airplane :rolleyes:, but it was nothing special and not worth the $279 in my opinion. Spend the $100 and just eat in Murano instead, or wait for their 30% or 2for1 discount.

Edited by Wine-O

We did the Chef's Table while on Equinox. It was not advertised -- you had to check with the Maitre'D in Murano to set one up. It cost $279 and was a big disappointment as they served the same foods off the regular Murano menu. We did get wine and a 50 lb cookbook you had to carry home on the airplane :rolleyes:, but it was nothing special and not worth the $279 in my opinion. Spend the $100 and just eat in Murano instead, or wait for their 30% or 2for1 discount.

We felt much the same on Reflection. The others at the table were very happy, but I suspect our disappointment was that we were eating in Luminae and felt the food was better there than what we received for the Chef's dinner. Service was excellent however and the wine was nice. We did not receive the cookbook however. Not sorry we did it but don't plan on doing so again.

3/4 of our couples, including us, at least were in Luminae and all enjoyed the chef's table very much. (The 4th may have been as well, but I don't know for sure.) In fact, 1 couple decided to go back for the 2nd one they opened up.

Here's the menu from ours. We also had champagne before dinner started.

20160420_195548_zpsahiy4ptm.jpg

Edited by ScarlettMLB

3/4 of our couples, including us, at least were in Luminae and all enjoyed the chef's table very much. (The 4th may have been as well, but I don't know for sure.) In fact, 1 couple decided to go back for the 2nd one they opened up.

Here's the menu from ours. We also had champagne before dinner started.

20160420_195548_zpsahiy4ptm.jpg

This is not at all the menu we had on Reflection......and we would have been much happier if it had been.....

Edited by Gracie115

Gracie, was that menu from Equinox? Looks great. Do you remember what the cost was and did it include a cookbook?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't know....ScarlettMLB posted that menu....it was NOT the menu we had on Reflection, and I agree it looks great!! Our dinner did NOT include the cookbook...

Gracie, was that menu from Equinox? Looks great. Do you remember what the cost was and did it include a cookbook?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I posted it. Yes, it was the Equinox and on a cruise that just ended a week ago. It included the cookbook and was 139/person.

My understanding though is that the chef uses this to try new things and the menu varies. So it won't necessarily be the same, but it gives you an idea.

And varies greatly ship to ship.......our menu was nothing like this on Reflection.....