Can anyone onboard or just off of Liberty answer...

Many of us are going back and forth directly with Royal on "that other site" right now regarding the sham of 20% off drink packages "sale" currently circulating on the cruise planner for various cruises. Royal has directly claimed (in writing on the site) that drink package prices onboard have RISEN, which is the explanation for the "20% off sale" on drink packages only actually being an effective 3% off sale. I am claiming BS, but I need proof from my fellow cruisers!

So... Can anyone who is currently onboard Liberty (or who just got off Liberty) please tell me the current drink package prices onboard? And, any other ship for that matter. I would like to know if there are ANY instances of the drink packages being a higher price than what is advertised on Royal's website.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by OSULabRat

I'm talking about Royal's official site on that giant social networking we aren't allowed to mention.

And yes, I am looking for someone either on a ship now or just off who has firsthand knowledge of the current onboard drink package prices.

Maybe you could ask a moderator to change the title to any ship not just the liberty. This is happening fleet wide. Also might catch the attention of more people if not specific to Liberty. Lots of people will be returning this weekend from their sailings and could possibly report as to what was being advertised.

I'd be interested in hearing feedback too. Thanks for posting.

Yea I only asked about Liberty initially because that's my upcoming sailing and so I have a specific comparison. I honostly didn't think it would be hard to get a response lol

Many of us are going back and forth directly with Royal on "that other site" right now regarding the sham of 20% off drink packages "sale" currently circulating on the cruise planner for various cruises. Royal has directly claimed (in writing on the site) that drink package prices onboard have RISEN, which is the explanation for the "20% off sale" on drink packages only actually being an effective 3% off sale. I am claiming BS, but I need proof from my fellow cruisers!

So... Can anyone who is currently onboard Liberty (or who just got off Liberty) please tell me the current drink package prices onboard? And, any other ship for that matter. I would like to know if there are ANY instances of the drink packages being a higher price than what is advertised on Royal's website.

Thanks in advance!

WE were on last week and I bought premium package about 1 week before sailing, it was about 60 a day per person same as last year ( that included tip) , per person. Drink went up about 30 percent since last cruise on Navigator exactly a year ago, some of what we ordered was not covered by package, ordered some scotch and wine that was 15 a glass so package covers 12 dollars and we paid the difference, still 90 percent of what is offered is included in package. My sailing did not offer the 20 percent off, I am doing a Europe cruise in a few months that I did get 20 percent off

Bugsy just posted from the Oasis he is doing a live review on and the premium is at $49 and the ultimate at $59. He even attached a picture. I guess ships are varying but in any case they are advertising online in my cruise planner $47 +grats for my oasis sailing. That is not 20% off the onboard price for me at all.

Can Royal get away will falsifying information they post I wonder!

I'm pretty much convinced at this point that there is NO standard for anything Royal does, between not only ship to ship, but between shoreside and any ship.

Based on what I've been told, I have calculated the Premium drink package onboard my Liberty cruise July 24th should be $59/day... Royal has stated on their Facebook page in a direct reply to my post that the $47/day price I have been quoted is "20% off of the onboard price". We shall see, but based on other's responses, I'm not thinking this is going to be correct.

Edited by OSULabRat

Yea I only asked about Liberty initially because that's my upcoming sailing and so I have a specific comparison. I honostly didn't think it would be hard to get a response lol

I am on the Liberty on June 19 so I want to know the prices for this ship specifically as well. Thanks for posting the question.

Off the Liberty yesterday, May 8th. We had pre-purchased the Premium Drink Package for $49+18% per day. Onboard price was the same.

BTW - My DD wound up cancelling her drink package on Day 2. Instead of charging us per drink for what she had consumed up to that point they charged us the $49 + 18% for 2 days and refunded 5 X $49 + 18%. We had gone to cancel early in the evening but once they told us how they would be charging we waited to cancel until on the way to bed so she could utilize the package for the rest of the evening. I think she wound up getting one bottle of water more.

By cancelling the pre-purchased drink package we wound up with a credit balance on our account. When we cancelled we were told that the credit balance would go back on my credit card. The last night I was walking by Guest Services and there wasn't a line so I checked on my account. A different rep said that only a $100 would be put back on my account if I didn't cash out so I cashed out my $165 (no fee to cash out). Not sure who was right but I'm glad I went by just in case!

To the OP:

Since your sailing is a little ways away, just keep checking the website.

I went into the cruise planner in late April to add the drink packages to our reservation and the Premium pkg came out to $322 per person. But I had problems with the website and wasn't able to purchase it online. I called in and spoke to someone who told me the website was undergoing maintenance (they were adding the Voom stuff) and that I should just wait a couple of days for them to get it back up.

Imagine how angry I was when I went back in a couple of days later to discover they had raised the price to $388 per person! Needless to say, I just decided to blow it off. It wasn't really the price hike that was bothering me as much as I felt that was kind of wrong for them to make me wait, so I could pay more.

I decided to check in again last week to pre-purchase the Voom for our sailing and noticed the Premium pkg had dropped -- this time to $366 per person. I decided to go ahead and book it. I figured if I get on board and see it's lower, I'll just go to guest services and work it out with them... but I seriously doubt it will be lower.

My advice: just keep checking. Our cruise is 5/22, so maybe the closer to the sail date, the prices change. Don't quote me on that, and don't come back and yell it me if it doesn't for you - but that was my experience.

Ann

Just got off phone with C&A. I asked what the on board prices were and was told that for the "summer season", the Ultimate package price is $67 per day but she couldn't give me a date of when the "summer season" started.

Just got off phone with C&A. I asked what the on board prices were and was told that for the "summer season", the Ultimate package price is $67 per day but she couldn't give me a date of when the "summer season" started.

Sounds like they are getting their made-up stories straight.

I'm paying $55.66, per night, including grats, for the Ultimate pkg on Anthem for the July 14th sailing. Jumped on the 20% off sale and saved a couple of hundred on 2 pkgs. It worked for me as well as a few other posters who have mentioned saving a couple of hundred as well.

• 1 month later...