Just off the phone with the fabulous customer service at NCL

Completely different OP booked a Bahamas Cruise on the Sky, and that is what he is getting. If you book a Panama canal cruise and they take the Canal away it is no longer what you booked and you would have a reason to ask questions.

I did not think of it that way and 100% agree - thank you :)

Just curious, if you don't book a cruise for the itinerary, then what do y'all book for?

The cruise lines are hoping you book it for the ship, which is why they are all building megaships.

Completely different OP booked a Bahamas Cruise on the Sky, and that is what he is getting. If you book a Panama canal cruise and they take the Canal away it is no longer what you booked and you would have a reason to ask questions.

If they're still going to different stops in the Bahamas, it's a Bahamas cruise. GSC is just one stop in the Bahamas. There are others.

I just spent 45 minutes with the customers service department of NCL. We got a notice from our TA and they stated that our 4 day cruise on October 10th will not be going to Great stirrup Cay as they are renovating the island from Aug.25 to October 20 but we will go to Grand Bahamas in place of it :):) The funny thing is we are going there two days before??? Thanks for the change to go there twice in a week. I called the customer un service line and they informed me they did cut off one of our places to visit and they were giving us a glorious day at sea:eek::eek: and not another island as they advertised. I spoke to their supervisor to see if there was going to be any compensation to now losing the only reason I wanted to cruise on this 2.5 star ship and was told it was their right to make changes and there would be no compensation to anyone as they do not need to and will not help. I have been on 5 other cruise lines and have never been so rudely treated. It is different if they changed because of weather or other conditions but think about it, they should consider that we are losing the only reason we wanted to go on this cruise. I hope this helps anyone who wants to consider going on a NCL cruise. THINK TWICE OR BE BURNED

We once missed a port and were compensated... 92 cents.

As a "bonus" there was another "art" auction.

I just spent 45 minutes with the customers service department of NCL. We got a notice from our TA and they stated that our 4 day cruise on October 10th will not be going to Great stirrup Cay as they are renovating the island from Aug.25 to October 20 but we will go to Grand Bahamas in place of it :):) The funny thing is we are going there two days before??? Thanks for the change to go there twice in a week. I called the customer un service line and they informed me they did cut off one of our places to visit and they were giving us a glorious day at sea:eek::eek: and not another island as they advertised. I spoke to their supervisor to see if there was going to be any compensation to now losing the only reason I wanted to cruise on this 2.5 star ship and was told it was their right to make changes and there would be no compensation to anyone as they do not need to and will not help. I have been on 5 other cruise lines and have never been so rudely treated. It is different if they changed because of weather or other conditions but think about it, they should consider that we are losing the only reason we wanted to go on this cruise. I hope this helps anyone who wants to consider going on a NCL cruise. THINK TWICE OR BE BURNED

:rolleyes: ai ai aai! One more!

Just curious, if you don't book a cruise for the itinerary, then what do y'all book for?

We book based on available dates, price, ship, itinerary, pretty much in that order. If I don't care for the port I am more than happy to stay on the ship.

Right on........You sound like my kind of girl....Cheers to you

Thanks for your comment but I really only ask that they not treat us like cell mates but humans. I wish we could cancel but what about the cost of airlines and hotels. I'm not the bad guy but feel I have been slighted and missing out on the real reason that I booked this trip for. ( even if I had a 50% chance of actually getting on the island) there should be some kind of consideration good food seems to be something they should spend some of their upgrades on, not closing down one of there most priced stops.

Just curious why OP waited to post this since he was aware of it on May 2nd?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2347658

just got the email on Friday from my TA (they were sure to be upset as well because they posted the number for the NCL line) and had the unhelpful customer service work their magic.

just got the email on Friday from my TA (they were sure to be upset as well because they posted the number for the NCL line) and had the unhelpful customer service work their magic.
You've said you dealt with NCL. Did your travel agent go to bat for you. It is amazing what clout some agents have. I had a cruise booked on another line and it was cancelled due to a charter. The cruise line offered $100 and gave a number of cruises that we could pick from. None were to my liking and they didn't offer me the perks I had for booking online my previous cruise. My travel agent went to work and not only did I get price protected for a cruise not within the ones they offered, I got all my perks and the $100 OBC for the inconvenience. Your travel agent should be fighting for what you want and if they can't get it for you, they should be offering you something to ease your pain.

You've said you dealt with NCL. Did your travel agent go to bat for you. It is amazing what clout some agents have. I had a cruise booked on another line and it was cancelled due to a charter. The cruise line offered $100 and gave a number of cruises that we could pick from. None were to my liking and they didn't offer me the perks I had for booking online my previous cruise. My travel agent went to work and not only did I get price protected for a cruise not within the ones they offered, I got all my perks and the $100 OBC for the inconvenience. Your travel agent should be fighting for what you want and if they can't get it for you, they should be offering you something to ease your pain.
great point thanks for your advice. I will look:):) into it

Then they've failed, because it's way too crowded.

That's what I think. - I prefer the smaller ships, not that they're small.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Suggestion to the OP - rebook on Royal Caribbeans Enchantment of the Seas. It departs same days as NCL SKY and does Nassau & CoCo Cay on the 3 night and Nassau, CoCo Cay and Key West on the 4 nighters. Some might even suggest the the Enchantment is a better overall experience than the SKY

Suggestion to the OP - rebook on Royal Caribbeans Enchantment of the Seas. It departs same days as NCL SKY and does Nassau & CoCo Cay on the 3 night and Nassau, CoCo Cay and Key West on the 4 nighters. Some might even suggest the the Enchantment is a better overall experience than the SKY

Very sound advice. Nothing lost if you do that.

It's funny to me that no one ever complains to Disney, when they spend THOUSANDS of dollars to goto one of there theme parks. Pay FULL price with absolutely ZERO notification just to find out several attractions are closed for refurb. Disney won't even give you a heads up, discount or give a S#*T. It's just part of life. Things happen. Schedules change.

Make the most of it, stop being a http://cdn-media-1.lifehack.org/wp-content/files/2015/09/25091249/01-Cover.jpg

It's funny to me that no one ever complains to Disney, when they spend THOUSANDS of dollars to goto one of there theme parks. Pay FULL price with absolutely ZERO notification just to find out several attractions are closed for refurb. Disney won't even give you a heads up, discount or give a S#*T. It's just part of life. Things happen. Schedules change.

Make the most of it, stop being a http://cdn-media-1.lifehack.org/wp-content/files/2015/09/25091249/01-Cover.jpg

1. Disney announces ride closures well in advance.
  2. Most people don't go to Disney for just one day. If it's an unplanned closure, you can try again the next day.
  3. There are hundreds of attractions at Disney. Missing one isn't usually a deal-killer. A 7-day cruise generally has only three port days. Missing one is a big deal.

In short, your argument is invalid.

There are hundreds of attractions at Disney. Missing one isn't usually a deal-killer. A 7-day cruise generally has only three port days. Missing one is a big deal.

Think it would be a big deal to a small child who had their heart set on a particular ride and isn't mature enough to understand that it was closed for maintenance or their parent who feels for their disappointed child versus an adult missing a port who is mature enough to understand that things happen.
Edited by NLH Arizona

love the picture of your daughter but Disney cruise or park have hundreds of options and would make sure they were available not shove it down your throat. I just wanted people to know how things are resolved at NCL. ;);)

Yes, thank you. Is that the best comeback you have? I'm disappointed.

You are herby BANNED FROM THIS BOARD.... Mods due you duty!!!

PERSONAL ATTACK, REPEAT PERSONAL ATTACK, VIOLATION OF SECTION 22.3.4 of something. Mayday, Mayday, Houston we've got a problem... Execute order 66.

1. Disney announces ride closures well in advance.
  2. Most people don't go to Disney for just one day. If it's an unplanned closure, you can try again the next day.
  3. There are hundreds of attractions at Disney. Missing one isn't usually a deal-killer. A 7-day cruise generally has only three port days. Missing one is a big deal.

In short, your argument is invalid.

You're not 100% correct. Most of the Disney closure info is obtained through 3rd party sites. I'm sure Disney does not post closures in block letters on the main page. In fact, I checked out your response, I can't find it on the official site. Please provide link.. That would be a great way to prove your argument.

I await your response...[emoji848]

Yes, thank you. Is that the best comeback you have? I'm disappointed.

You are herby BANNED FROM THIS BOARD.... Mods due you duty!!!

PERSONAL ATTACK, REPEAT PERSONAL ATTACK, VIOLATION OF SECTION 22.3.4 of something. Mayday, Mayday, Houston we've got a problem... Execute order 66.

not personal jack...just stating the facts. stop yelling in print:eek::eek:

You're not 100% correct. Most of the Disney closure info is obtained through 3rd party sites. I'm sure Disney does not post closures in block letters on the main page. In fact, I checked out your response, I can't find it on the official site. Please provide link.. That would be a great way to prove your argument.

http://bfy.tw/5f7z

I have a link, but didn't think I was permitted to post. All is on the Disneyworld site. Select Things to Do, Attractions, scroll to the bottom and you'll see a section "Closed for Refurbishment". One of our favorite attractions is currently closed. I can either adjust my trip or understand that we wouldn't be able to visit that one in advance. The

information is in the Things to Do, Attractions area.

On my last trip to WDW we wanted to ride the newest Seven Dwarfs attraction. We had FastPasses, but the ride closed due to safety concerns during a heavy storm. It didn't work out for us to ride another time, things happen and hopefully we'll get back to try it out. If not life will go on and we had a fabulous visit anyway. No need to expect compensation or discount from WDW and they wouldn't provide as they clearly state that things can close and they have no liability.