Silhouette verandah mid hump cabin or concierge?

cosmo1027

Hi!

We are currently booked in a 1B verandah in the middle of the hump on deck 9 (9282). It looks like a good location and good views. However, the prices on our cruise continues to drop and I am wondering if given the opportunity to upgrade to concierge for little to nothing, if it would be a mistake to give up this verandah location?

Also, as we are sailing in cooler climate (British Isles) would it be a disadvantage (such as wind) to be on the outer part of the hump for spending time on the balcony?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or suggestions!

Hi!

We are currently booked in a 1B verandah in the middle of the hump on deck 9 (9282). It looks like a good location and good views. However, the prices on our cruise continues to drop and I am wondering if given the opportunity to upgrade to concierge for little to nothing, if it would be a mistake to give up this verandah location?

Also, as we are sailing in cooler climate (British Isles) would it be a disadvantage (such as wind) to be on the outer part of the hump for spending time on the balcony?

Thanks in advance for any feedback or suggestions!

We did aft balcony last year on the BI (Silhouette) and loved it, category C1.

DSC01739.jpg

Edited by need2cruisesoon

What do you mean wind and cooler climes???

The UK is perfect in every way!:D:D

Especially Yorkshire.

If you read the posts concierge is a nothing level. If I couldn't change to a SV, I would stay put. The hump is a sought after location, but we love the aft.

I had a 1a on the slant with the biggest balcony.

I went to a C2 when the price became substantially lower than my 1a. It is also a British Isles

Cruise and I know I would not be using the balcony that much to justify the difference In price.

Captains club points are better ....yes? if it's a push on price...why not?...and depending on time of year...if it will be cold...they may not be spending much time on the balcony

What do you mean wind and cooler climes???

The UK is perfect in every way!:D:D

Especially Yorkshire.

If you read the posts concierge is a nothing level. If I couldn't change to a SV, I would stay put. The hump is a sought after location, but we love the aft.

I would do it, just for the little extras. The C2 category has some fabulous rooms on the hump -- with larger balconies. Also those aft C1s are wonderful.

We were on the flat part of the hump on deck 6 recently and loved the location but missed the footstools that you get in concierge and aqua....not in the regular veranda cabins. So, we didn't use the veranda as much as we did when we had concierge class.

Plus, I do try to go for the extra captains club points ... that's always a plus.

Thank you for all the feedback! Your comments are very helpful. I think for now we will stay put since C2 and C1 are still a bit higher priced and I think I like our location better than the C3 choices. Perhaps C1 or C2 will home down in price and then I might try to upgrade.

Remember, if you are a Captains club member you get a C2 for the price of C3
I am, but for some reason I thought it did not apply once you get into the C level cabins. I will definitely keep this in mind. Thanks!

Since all cabins are the same size, stay on the hump. Hump cabins have a great view and are in a more central location. The amenities between concierge and standard veranda aren't a big deal, I would stay put. If you are looking for more points, the concierge cabin gets 5 pts/night as compared to standard which is 3pts/night. I have been in both kids of cabins. I only book concierge when the price is low. I just did a week on the Summit in a C2. it was cheaper than a regular veranda. The amenities weren't worth much. My pillows were flat, my towels were thin, shower head did not adjust, no footstools on the veranda, afternoon canapes were a joke, and binoculars were like a kid's toy. I did get a bottle of bubbly,shower cap, vanity package, and shower gel. Decide what is important to you. For me, concierge is not worth spending extra money.