Sky Suites 'S1' Equinox - Any difference?

Bruce62

Hi,

I'm looking at the above suites for a cruise next year (2107) on the Equinox, we have never been on Celebrity before, but do like the rear corner suites on other ships we have sailed.

However, we have noticed that these cabins can differ greatly deck by deck, especially in size of balcony, can anybody let me know if there are cabins to either 'go for' or 'avoid'?

many thanks,

Deck 6 has the smallest Aft S1' patios; also deck 10 on some have the window washing machines. Also, sometimes there are issues with the top deck and they are on due to the OVC and noise.

Edited by Lastdance

Deck 6 has the smallest Aft S1' patios; also deck 10 on some have the window washing machines. Also, sometimes there are issues with the top deck and they are on due to the OVC and noise.

This is good advice. We always go for the 7th or 8th but the 9th would probably be fine, too. Check the S Class sticky on the opening page. Lots of good stuff there

The corner suites are all the same.

We had one on deck 12 and never found it noisy or bothersome. The balcony is huge and you can see aft as well as to the side. Oceanview is a buffet and it is pretty quiet later in the evening and in the mornings, occasionally someone would pull a table or chair and you could her it but not enough to ruin your day. I am a very light sleeper and did not have any issues.

Our friends had one on deck 10 and the window washing equipment is generally out of the way and does not interfere with the porthole window.

We had a Deck 12 S1 on the Reflection and loved it. Never bothered by noise above and appreciated having the extra bit of overhang so that we could spend lots of time outside without getting sunburnt. There is plenty of sun on those balconies even with the overhang. And the balconies give a wonderful panoramic view.

First, you really can't go wrong with ANY S1 corner suite. We've had them on Equinox and Reflection and they're a great cabin. Plus you get Luminae (suite dining room) and Michael's Club.

That said, we just came back from the Equinox and had an S1 - #1663 port side, 11th deck. We booked well in advance and had our suites and had heard it was a good one. We heard on the cruise and since that we got one of the best S1s and we have to agree. There's 1 floor buffer between it and Oceanview Cafe, so there was no noise. It was high enough so as not to be bothered by any salt spray. We never had an issue with soot. I've started a detail day-by-day review of our trip, which includes photos of our cabin and balcony here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2352279

Our roll call did a cabin crawl and there were 2 other S1 corner cabins on the crawl - 1 was on deck 12 and the other deck 9. I didn't see any difference with either of them, other than just deck height and layout (the starboard side cabins were mirror images).

I've had an S1 on Reflection on deck 10 and it was one with the window washing equipment. I looked at the balcony beneath us on Equinox (deck 10) and saw it had the window washing equipment. It's not a big deal and really didn't matter when we were on the Reflection, but if all else is equal, I'd go for the fully unobstructed balcony. (It was in the corner and took up a bit of the wrap around and a little of the view.)

We spoke with people with us on the Equinox in an S1 on the 6th deck, that was the only S1 when they booked. They said they definitely prefer higher decks, but they were still prefer the S1 over other cabins.

S1s are very popular, as they have a larger balcony and are a relatively affordable way to get into suite class. Plus there are some deals going on that let you get all the booking perks with suites. We booked our next cruise for January 2018 and all the S1s were gone...so I'd book quickly and you can always switch the cabin if you decide you'd rather have a different S1.

We prefer the 11th deck - penthouse deck - because it's as high up on the ship as you can get not under the public areas. We have booked 1663 and 1666 a number of times. We like to have cabins below us and above us. Just a thing.

We had the window washing equipment on deck 10 once and it was no problem. It really didn't affect the view much. It's down in the corner. And during the days if you're in the cabin it's usually working and not even there.

On the deck plans from "cruise deck plan dot com" it looks like those corner S1s differ in size on different decks -- is that just a "not to scale" issue? It sounds from your description that they are in fact identical.

On the penthouse deck there are also a couple aft S2s which tend to be $1000 less per cabin and are just as large and have all the perks, just no side window or wraparound deck. We have one of those for our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise on Equinox (because we just booked and it was all that was left). It's really just about as good as the corner aft.

On the penthouse deck there are also a couple aft S2s which tend to be $1000 less per cabin and are just as large and have all the perks, just no side window or wraparound deck. We have one of those for our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise on Equinox (because we just booked and it was all that was left). It's really just about as good as the corner aft.

I have been in an aft S2 (our Daughters cabin) and it is not as large as an S1 and it does not have as large a balcony and certainly not warp around the side.

I would choose the S2 on the hump before S2 aft.

Edited by pete_coach

On the deck plans from "cruise deck plan dot com" it looks like those corner S1s differ in size on different decks -- is that just a "not to scale" issue? It sounds from your description that they are in fact identical.

I have been in 4 S1 aft corner suites (port and starboard sides, deck 12 (ours) and lower ones) and they have all been the same.

The only ones that I know for certain have a smaller balcony are the deck 6 corner S1s. I could clearly tell the significant different on the Silhouette when berthed next to her. I think it is the same on the other S class ships, but I am not 100% certain.

The only ones that I know for certain have a smaller balcony are the deck 6 corner S1s. I could clearly tell the significant different on the Silhouette when berthed next to her. I think it is the same on the other S class ships, but I am not 100% certain.

The balcony does not wrap around but he cabin is the same on deck 6. You really feel the engines and it is a walkway for the deckhands and workers. It is a busy deck and people show up from around the corner frequently.

I have been in an aft S2 (our Daughters cabin) and it is not as large as an S1 and it does not have as large a balcony and certainly not warp around the side.

I would choose the S2 on the hump before S2 aft.

You're right, balcony is smaller but it's definitely big enough for the two of us.

We prefer the aft location over any other location so we will always go with anything aft. Our one time on the hump we were on the forward side and it was so windy! It was our one AQ class cabin and although nice, it just was too windy out there all the time. Perhaps the aft side of the hump is not as windy - one would think not.

Good thing there's a cabin/location for everyone.

ClaudiaB we had Dominic on our March cruise. A true gem! We were in cabin 1667 and have 1665 on the Equinox in April. We love the aft cabins and try and always get a SS1 or 2 aft for each cruise. So much storage that we had drawers we never used.

Happy Sailing!

• 2 months later...