Carnival grats increasse to $12.95 & 16.50 respectively

nelblu

But I think the attitude of the guest has a lot to do with the kind of service you receive. I am always very nice and pleasant with the crew. They have hard, thankless jobs and I'm on vacation. Why wouldn't I be in a good mood? It doesn't cost anything to smile and be polite. They aren't below me. They are people with feelings that work extremely hard and I am thankful for them.

couldn't have said it any better. :)

i too have never received less than wonderful service. and i firmly believe those that have may very well have been part of the problem.

• 11 months later...
when will this happen again?

When will what happen again? An increase in the auto-gratuities? Unless someone on here works in Carnival's corporate offices, there's no way of knowing. Rather than reference this thread, which is over a year old, why not start a new one?

When will what happen again? An increase in the auto-gratuities? Unless someone on here works in Carnival's corporate offices, there's no way of knowing. Rather than reference this thread, which is over a year old, why not start a new one?

This ^

But in reality Carnivals service charge is in line with other major cruise lines and lagged behind when others increased. Chances are it will be a while and even if/when it does happen it's not going to be a huge increase.