Smoking Areas on Anthem of the Seas

Does anyone know where the smoking areas are on the Anthem of the Seas? We thought we'd take a chance on a balcony guarantee and now I'm not so sure since I'm reading about smoking areas just below our cabin. I am a cancer survivor and we are very sensitive to smoke, and now wonder if we've made a mistake. Are there large areas on deck 5 that are smoking areas?

Thank you.

There are smoking areas on the pool deck, just outside the indoor pool, and on deck 5 which is glass enclosed but not air tight so it's possible the smoke could make it's way to you, but it would really depend on the location of your cabin and how far away it is. I would think so long as your not directly above it, you would not be affected.

Not specifically for Anthem but on any Royal ship is there smoking allowed in the Solarium? The Solarium is my favorite spot on the ship but I've developed this frustrating disorder and now have to steer clear of smoke as much as possible

Not specifically for Anthem but on any Royal ship is there smoking allowed in the Solarium? The Solarium is my favorite spot on the ship but I've developed this frustrating disorder and now have to steer clear of smoke as much as possible

No smoking in the Solarium.

Does anyone know where the smoking areas are on the Anthem of the Seas? We thought we'd take a chance on a balcony guarantee and now I'm not so sure since I'm reading about smoking areas just below our cabin. I am a cancer survivor and we are very sensitive to smoke, and now wonder if we've made a mistake. Are there large areas on deck 5 that are smoking areas?

Thank you.

Remember that once your cabin is assigned, you can move to any other cabin within the same category. We were assigned an obstructed view balcony on Anthem which was 75% obstructed and over the smoking area. A very helpful poster (robtulipe) who is very knowledgable about these DO category balconies helped me find the "right" cabin to move to, away from the smoking area and with the least obstruction. I called and without mentioning that I originally booked a guarantee, I just said that I wanted to move from DO cabin #xxxx to DO cabin #yyyy. It was no problem

Remember that once your cabin is assigned, you can move to any other cabin within the same category. We were assigned an obstructed view balcony on Anthem which was 75% obstructed and over the smoking area. A very helpful poster (robtulipe) who is very knowledgable about these DO category balconies helped me find the "right" cabin to move to, away from the smoking area and with the least obstruction. I called and without mentioning that I originally booked a guarantee, I just said that I wanted to move from DO cabin #xxxx to DO cabin #yyyy. It was no problem

Your are correct, but you don't have to avoid mentioning the original guarantee when requesting to move. Your original booking will show that anyway. As long as a same category stateroom is available they will move you if you request it. We've done it before as well. :)

Below is a shot of the Promenade deck 5 smoking area which is on the starboard side towards the stern under the glass canopy between lifeboat 13 and 15 and below the balconies for cabins 6674 to 6684.

attachment.php?attachmentid=385004&d=1462927586

P1061050a.jpg.1d32a08bc136b18055e035b73754907a.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

There are smoking areas on the pool deck, just outside the indoor pool, and on deck 5 which is glass enclosed but not air tight so it's possible the smoke could make it's way to you, but it would really depend on the location of your cabin and how far away it is. I would think so long as your not directly above it, you would not be affected.

unless it has been modified from when I was on it end of last year -it was not a glass enclosed area.

windows on the ocean side. open on the deck side. railings on the deck side; a "doorway" area...

Well, as it turns out, our cabin would be right above those deck six cabins that were mentioned. Guess I will be giving Royal a call tomorrow to see about possibly changing the cabin. I did read one post from someone who actually stayed in the cabin we were assigned to and they said it smelled horrible all the time.

Anyone with good options for D1 category cabins on the Anthem to possibly pick if I had that opportunity, or at least know better when they offer another room, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Well, as it turns out, our cabin would be right above those deck six cabins that were mentioned. Guess I will be giving Royal a call tomorrow to see about possibly changing the cabin. I did read one post from someone who actually stayed in the cabin we were assigned to and they said it smelled horrible all the time.

Anyone with good options for D1 category cabins on the Anthem to possibly pick if I had that opportunity, or at least know better when they offer another room, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

According to my (secret) source, there are no available D1 cabins. You may be SOL.

If you plead your case based on your medical history, and they let you switch to a different D category, I would ask for 7606.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Well, it turns out you were correct, there are no more D1 cabins, so we are now back in the Cat. X guarantee bucket again. We will cross our fingers, but according to the agent, we may end up back in that cabin, if that is all that's available. They seemed very understanding of the medical situation. We are really hoping that this all turns out well and will be watching to see what our cabin may be over the next few days.

Thank you.

Well, it turns out you were correct, there are no more D1 cabins, so we are now back in the Cat. X guarantee bucket again. We will cross our fingers, but according to the agent, we may end up back in that cabin, if that is all that's available. They seemed very understanding of the medical situation. We are really hoping that this all turns out well and will be watching to see what our cabin may be over the next few days.

Thank you.

Maybe I can help. My email is in the link in my signature.