Free gratuities & military benefit??

We booked the BOGO 50% with free gratuities. My husband was in the military. Would we also receive the military benefit? It shows on our paperwork that free gratuities but no mention of the military. Anyone know the answer??

Thanks,

Carol

We booked the BOGO 50% with free gratuities. My husband was in the military. Would we also receive the military benefit? It shows on our paperwork that free gratuities but no mention of the military. Anyone know the answer??

Thanks,

Carol

And if you get the military you will probably lose the free gratuities unless it was part of the same promo

When you book they will look at all the rates you qualify for, including military, past guest etc. If the promo with the free gratuities came out to be less expensive than the military rate, you were booked with that one instead. It's not both.

If you do a "mock booking" and check that you were in the military, if military rates are available and they can be combined with other discounts, it'll show at the end in the breakdown of charges. As others have said, they may not be available for your cruise, or they may not be combinable with the promotion so are not the best deal.

Probably not available with your promotion! Have a nice cruise!

Hey, if I'm reading your signature correct, you are scheduled for 49 consecutive days at sea. That looks like a blast!! Are you planning a full trip report???

Not all cruises have the military rates. Often they are not even worth it. Usually when you use the military rate it can't be combined with other discounts. If a free beverage package or some other offer comes up later it can't be added on. The only way it can be added on is if you rebook it using the regular rate.

Truthfully I don't know why they even have a military rate. It normally doesn't do us any good. If I book a cruise with a good bonus offer I am not allowed to use the military or interline rate since they are not combinable. I think they just have it because it makes them look like the support the military. If they want to truly support the people that have served this country they would allow the military rate to be combined with the other offers.

Thanks to your husband (and you) for serving our country.

Edited by ReneeFLL

Guest maddycat
Not all cruises have the military rates. Often they are not even worth it. Usually when you use the military rate it can't be combined with other discounts. If a free beverage package or some other offer comes up later it can't be added on. The only way it can be added on is if you rebook it using the regular rate.

Truthfully I don't know why they even have a military rate. It normally doesn't do us any good. If I book a cruise with a good bonus offer I am not allowed to use the military or interline rate since they are not combinable. I think they just have it because it makes them look like the support the military. If they want to truly support the people that have served this country they would allow the military rate to be combined with the other offers.

We had a military discount of $456 ($228 per person) on our April 8, 2016 cruise. We were also able to get our diamond plus balcony discount.

I did a mock booking for an Oct.16 Freedom cruise. I got the BOGO 60% off and Military discount of $26.00.

That military promotion is junk for anybody who qualifies for a balcony discount, as it's not combinable.

The military rate IS combinable with the C&A balcony discount and OBC for booking onboard. On our upcoming Explorer cruise, the military rate (not to be confused with the up to $50 military discount promotion) was a far better rate than the 60% promotions. But that isn't offered very often.

I would like to see RCI offer a military OBC the way Princess does - it's combinable with any other promotional OBC and is offered on every single sailing. Once DH sent in his proof of eligibility, it attached to his Captain's Circle number and is automatically applied to every cruise we book with them. We get from $50-200 (might be $250, but we haven't sailed on that long of a cruise on Princess), depending on the length of the cruise.

That military promotion is junk for anybody who qualifies for a balcony discount, as it's not combinable.

The military rate IS combinable with the C&A balcony discount and OBC for booking onboard. On our upcoming Explorer cruise, the military rate (not to be confused with the up to $50 military discount promotion) was a far better rate than the 60% promotions. But that isn't offered very often.

I would like to see RCI offer a military OBC the way Princess does - it's combinable with any other promotional OBC and is offered on every single sailing. Once DH sent in his proof of eligibility, it attached to his Captain's Circle number and is automatically applied to every cruise we book with them. We get from $50-200 (might be $250, but we haven't sailed on that long of a cruise on Princess), depending on the length of the cruise.

Thanks for the clarification. The discounts I was referring to are the promotions such as free gratuities, obc (not the one for booking early), buy 1 get 1 half or 60% off, etc.

Edited by ReneeFLL

These military discounts are only given in the USA, which is a shame really as there are many brave ex servicemen and women who participated in world conflicts and skirmishes from many other countries. It cannot be just because RCCL are US based surely. Most of the vessels are registered anywhere but the USA aren't they?