Special Requests from Room Stewards

SmileUSC

Ok not sounding toooooo greedy.

I always ask for extra shampoo and conditioner and if any left (:rolleyes:) I pack it up and take it home.

This way when I have a "cruise" moment and between cruises I can---- at shower time use the little tubes and help me to think about the upcoming cruise, even if months away.

Guess it holds me over,

Safe travels.

What do you use all that ice for?

It seems to me that Americans use a lot of ice?. When ive been in the states there's ice machines in the hotels everywhere... What on earth do you do with it all???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bethers12

We ask for ice. Not sure why some people need it twice a day as our cooler keeps it till the next day.

You must get a better ice bucket than we do, because most of our ice is gone by the afternoon.

It seems to me that Americans use a lot of ice?. When ive been in the states there's ice machines in the hotels everywhere... What on earth do you do with it all???

Most Americans seem to like their beverages icy cold. Not I, though...hurts my teeth! I only drink water anyway, and cool is fine for me. I usually don't have ice cubes in my freezer...they have usually shrunk to little nubs!

Edited by linkerbink

The cabin stewards whether on RCI, NCL, HAL, Carnival or other cruise lines we sailed with, have always been most forthcoming in meeting and/or exceeding our requests. They truly deserved some $ 'extra' $ recognition. :)

Edited by oldguysandgalls

Ok not sounding toooooo greedy.

I always ask for extra shampoo and conditioner and if any left (:rolleyes:) I pack it up and take it home.

This way when I have a "cruise" moment and between cruises I can---- at shower time use the little tubes and help me to think about the upcoming cruise, even if months away.

Guess it holds me over,

Safe travels.

Aren't all the showers on RCCL equipped with the gym-style wall dispensers with mystery stuff in them though??

Aren't all the showers on RCCL equipped with the gym-style wall dispensers with mystery stuff in them though??

I used to think so, but found out that Vision does not have those.

No, Quantum and Anthem did not have them. At least not in balcony cabins from my experience. They did supply squeeze tubes of shampoo, conditioner, shower gel.

Lol, how do you do without ice? :D

Our standard requests:

*2 extra feather pillows

*ice twice a day

*robes

*2 extra bath towels

*extra hangars

*remove sodas, water etc.

*beds apart (we always ask beforehand but they're usually together)

*2 wine glasses

*egg crate mattress topper (if needed)

Harry

Edited by traveling1969

As a Brit I've also always been fascinated by those from the US and their ice pecadillo....and now we know! ;)

We have never asked for or used ice on holiday. Ever. I think it's a cultural thing, possibly linked to your having warner climes in general.

Edited by Julescroose
Typo

There is no need to tip whenever your cabin attendant does something for you...it's their JOB! Ice, extra towels, pillows, blankets, etc...are all part of their duties!

The tip you prepay or are charged daily covers ALL of that!

I don't tip extra because I NEED to - I do it because I WANT to. :)

Sometimes I have a craving. I have requested large bags of Doritos, potatoes chips or bag of wrapped chocolates. If they fetch them in port of from the crew store, they fetch a crisp $100 on-the-spot tip from me.

As a Brit I've also always been fascinated by those from the US and their ice pecadillo....and now we know! ;)

We have never asked for or used ice on holiday. Ever. I think it's a cultural thing, possibly linked to your having warner climes in general.

Not all of us are obsessed with ice.

Fountain sodas come out of the fountain cold already.

Generally simple refrigeration works for me for other drinks.

And as for water, in terms of hydrating, your body absorbs the water much better if it is at least room temperature because it doesn't have to warm it up first.

Sometimes I have a craving. I have requested large bags of Doritos, potatoes chips or bag of wrapped chocolates. If they fetch them in port of from the crew store, they fetch a crisp $100 on-the-spot tip from me.

Wow! That's an expensive bag of Doritos! :eek:

I don't want water or tea without ice - ugh! I drink water 98% of the time and wow, what a chore to get ice in Europe. I always asked nicely but you'd have thought I was asking for a kidney.