Vancouver hotels Sept 2017 (SOLD OUT)

Bases5

I was checking on prices for Hotels in Vancouver for Sept 10-12 2017

on a few of the large web sites and most of the hotels were sold out.

Could this be fact or do you think I'm checking to early.

Is there some big event I can't find there during this time?

I vote for "too early". Do a search for September 2016 dates and check out the results.

I agree I get stupid excited some times.

i did just that after i posted this. just about every hotel had rooms.

SMH sorry for the post

Looking at booking.com in USD for Sept 12, 2016 nightly rates with availability as a comparison... these are popular forum choices.

• $81 YWCA
  • $117 Days Inn -> 3 blocks from cruise terminal. Do check reviews for potential concerns on this value option.
  • $155 Empire Landmark -> I like this place for Robson restaurant and street ambience
  • $161 Best Western Chateau
  • $185 Blue Horizon -> strong ratings on this forum as a value choice
  • $188 Coast Plaza for English Bay and Stanley Park
  • $202 Residence Inn Marriott
  • $205 Holiday Inn Downtown Vancouver
  • $237 Coast Coal Harbour
  • $240 Carmana Plaza
  • $246 Georgian Court
  • $251 Sutton Place
  • $255 Metropolita
  • $264 Westin Grand
  • $278 Delta Vancouver Suites => 6 blocks from cruise terminal with biggee rooms!
  • $292 Pinnacle Harbourfront
  • $309 Century Plaza
  • $317 Hampton Inn & Suites => popular with Hilton point collectors
  • $333 Grande Residence Sutton
  • $403 Trump => brand new! Let us know how it works out.
  • $441 Westin Bayshore
  • $457 Hyatt Regency
  • $476 Rosewood
  • $476 Marriott Pinnacle
  • $481 Pan Pacific => right above the cruise terminal
  • $503 Fairmont Pacific Rim => newest hotel near the cruise terminal. 3 blocks away
  • $504 Shangri-La
  • $521 Sheraton Wall Centre
  • $539 Four Seasons

Edited by xlxo

I get excited, too. I love the planning almost as much as the taking of vacations. I spend hours reading reviews and researching. I want certain things (pool, on shuttle stops, fridge, etc,) and I want the lowest price possible, of course. I was only just able to book rooms for May 14-17, 2017, and there are still many hotels I cannot get rates for, yet. The best part of booking early is getting great rates (century plaza $129 Canadian) that I can cancel as I watch for other deals and offers along the way.:)

Looking at booking.com in USD for Sept 12, 2016 nightly rates with availability as a comparison... these are popular forum choices.

•  
  • $457 Hyatt Regency

Dang, feel pretty good getting it for 12K points that night!!!!

I get excited, too. I love the planning almost as much as the taking of vacations. I spend hours reading reviews and researching. I want certain things (pool, on shuttle stops, fridge, etc,) and I want the lowest price possible, of course. I was only just able to book rooms for May 14-17, 2017, and there are still many hotels I cannot get rates for, yet. The best part of booking early is getting great rates (century plaza $129 Canadian) that I can cancel as I watch for other deals and offers along the way.:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic ! Yours is the perfect strategy, book something that you are comfortable with at a price you are also comfortable on a fully refundable basis.....then watch for the deals.

• $81 YWCA
  • $117 Days Inn -> 3 blocks from cruise terminal. Do check reviews for potential concerns on this value option.
  • $155 Empire Landmark -> I like this place for Robson restaurant and street ambience
  • $240 Carmana Plaza
  • $246 Georgian Court
  • $251 Sutton Place
  • $255 Metropolita
  • $264 Westin Grand
  • $278 Delta Vancouver Suites => 6 blocks from cruise terminal with biggee rooms!
  • $309 Century Plaza
  • $441 Westin Bayshore
  • $457 Hyatt Regency
  • $476 Rosewood
  • $476 Marriott Pinnacle
  • $503 Fairmont Pacific Rim => newest hotel near the cruise terminal. 3 blocks away
  • $504 Shangri-La
  • $539 Four Seasons

The Silva and the Executive were two of the places that actually had rates.

Those 2 are not on your list.

Are those bad hotels?

The Silvia is a classic old family operated hotel located just west of Stanley Park on English Bay. The Sawers family who I have known for eons have owned and operated the hotel since the early '60's. It is a classic hotel but its location while picturesque, is a little off in terms of doing many things in the city. I have attached a link to a newspaper story about the hotel.

If you are referring to the Executive Hotel Vintage Park, there is certainly nothing wrong with it. However, for some reason I have it in my mind either it or the hotel next door is slated to become "social housing"....Ut who lives very close the hotel may be able to address this. Locationaly, it situated at the south end of the downtown peninsula and on a busy one-way street out of the downtown core so I would suggest you want a west facing room which may also provide some views of English Bay. As I recall, this is only one of two downtown hotels that offer a free shuttle to Canada Place.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Sylvia+Century+Grande+Dame+English+retains+charm+bygone/8432398/story.html

Adding those hotels to the list...

• $154 Sylvia
  • $154 Executive Hotel Vintage Park
  • $308 Hotel Le Soleil by Executive Hotels

The $154 hotels are kinda remote for the cruise terminal. Kinda far from Robson eateries. Great for the fireworks competition and beach lovers.

The hotels don't get mentioned much on the forum... thus were excluded. If the location and price is acceptable.... go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

• $81 YWCA
  • $240 Carmana Plaza
  • $246 Georgian Court
  • $251 Sutton Place
  • $255 Metropolita
  • $264 Westin Grand
  • $309 Century Plaza
  • $441 Westin Bayshore
  • $457 Hyatt Regency
  • $476 Rosewood
  • $476 Marriott Pinnacle
  • $504 Shangri-La
  • $539 Four Seasons

The Blue Horizon is awesome! My husband and I stayed there the night before our Alaskan cruise a few weeks ago; I wouldn't have known about the place without Cruise Critic! We liked it so much that we reserved a night for our next trip in September when we were checking out. It's a lovely hotel - great service, super comfy rooms, amazing views, and so many things are within walking distance (harbourfront, convention center, Stanley Park, just to name a few). The attached restaurant, Abode, is amazing, too - we had breakfast and lunch there and both meals were fantastic. There is a liquor store just a few minutes walk from the hotel on Bute Street in case you want to pick up some wine or whatever for your trip, and there are a couple of drug stores and grocery stores within walking distance as well in case you want to buy water for the cruise or need to pick up any last minute items. Highly recommend this place!

The Blue Horizon is awesome! My husband and I stayed there the night before our Alaskan cruise a few weeks ago; I wouldn't have known about the place without Cruise Critic! We liked it so much that we reserved a night for our next trip in September when we were checking out. It's a lovely hotel - great service, super comfy rooms, amazing views, and so many things are within walking distance (harbourfront, convention center, Stanley Park, just to name a few). The attached restaurant, Abode, is amazing, too - we had breakfast and lunch there and both meals were fantastic. There is a liquor store just a few minutes walk from the hotel on Bute Street in case you want to pick up some wine or whatever for your trip, and there are a couple of drug stores and grocery stores within walking distance as well in case you want to buy water for the cruise or need to pick up any last minute items. Highly recommend this place!

Thanks for the input! I'll check that out.