Another Tablecloth debate

lele100

WoW what a thread, "To tablecloth or not tablecloth" that is the question.

The only problem with no tablecloth I have is, nothing to blow my nose on....haha and before you roast me over an open flame I'm joking....haha:D:D:D:D:D:D

But they also have us waving dirty napkins around at the end of a meal during the waitstaff entertaining us.

Cant believe the CDC would allow this.

Oh no! The Dirty Napkin Dance! If only they'd do it before you're served.

I'm happy Carnival is no longer using tablecloths. Saves water from onshore and the energy used to desalinate water.

How many use tablecloths at home on a daily basis? We do but we take it off at mealtimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey! Leave us old cronies suffering from OCD out of this. I will not be bringing a table cloth in my luggage. I will be bringing a couple braided coasters I made from type 1 paracord though. :-D

Proud of you for not worrying about that tablecloth ;)

But they also have us waving dirty napkins around at the end of a meal during the waitstaff entertaining us.

Cant believe the CDC would allow this.

Compared to walking alongside/touching any handrail, elevator button or a seating surfaces on the ship, the napkin is harmless.

Edited by lizardhowson

No, I don't use a tablecloth at home except for holidays and most of the restaurants I go to do not use tablecloths. But in my opinion tablecloths are special. It's not going to make or break my cruise experience but it will help my cruise experience feel special. I like tablecloths in the MDR.

We keep a felt pad and tablecloth on our table, to protect it, after having had it recently refinished at breathtaking expense. Carnival's tables will probably look like junk in a couple of years, without protection, but I'm not paying for them so I don't care how much it costs them.

I was just looking at John Healds FB and he showed a video of where the captain eats, and the table has a tablecloth, OH BOY did the comments start, LOL I love watching those comments some really make me laugh.

Hahahahahahaha!! Here we go...the tablecloth tirade again!

All one has to do is either, 1. Bring paper placemats or use one's napkin as a placemat and ask for another napkin.

This made my day... I couldn't believe this issue had resurfaced. Thank you. :D:D:D

Love the wood tablescapes. I agree (a tiny bit) that glasses drip in the high humidity. I simply asked my waiter for a paper bar napkin to put under my water glass. Provided with a smile and there were a few napkins waiting for us every night when we were seated after the 1st night. NO big deal. That would fix the 'I don't want my silverware to touch the table' people, too. I don't understand how people won't even try to fix their own miniscule problems...

I agree with most on this thread, I really don't care, there are restaurants here in Palm Beach county Florida (including Boca Raton, Island of Palm Beach, Palm beach gardens etc) that are very expensive restaurants and do not use tablecloths but the tables are nice.

I just thought it was funny that people were saying "Why does the Captain get one and we don't" People were genuinely MAD

So everywhere you eat on land has tablecloths? :rolleyes: I seriously doubt that.

You are on every.single.forum on this site aren't you. "Tablecloths are civilized". Too damn funny

not everyone eat in Mac Donald only. I probably shock you but even in my house we have tablecloth not only for Xmax but for any dinner with friends and family. It's really sad that people don't care any more how they eat or what they eat . 90% of they cruisers are over 300 lb :o

not everyone eat in Mac Donald only. I probably shock you but even in my house we have tablecloth not only for Xmax but for any dinner with friends and family. It's really sad that people don't care any more how they eat or what they eat . 90% of they cruisers are over 300 lb :o

Im not sure what part of anything I posted leads you to believe anyone eats at "Mac Donald only". Go ahead and name some restaurants that are not 5 star fine dining that have tablecloths. I will wait. The MDR on ANY mass market cruise line is not fine dining nor 5 star. Its a decent place to be served mediocre mass produced banquet food. Nothing more, nothing less. A table setting only does not a fine dining venue make. Its overkill if anything in a mass market cruise line main dining room. I cant BELIEVE the big deal people are making out of this! LOL

As far as what others eat or how much they weigh, that is none of my business.

Edited by ryano
  • Thanks 1

Did you just say "90 percent of the cruisers are over 300lb's? If so that's just mean and completely untrue

• Like 1

No need to be nasty. Tablecloths is just a "thing" I think we can all enjoy friends, new friends and family without them. If the lack of a table cloth takes away from that then the issue is with the people at the table. Not the lack of linen.

When did anyone weight cone into play. How is it a discussion about table cloths ends up as a poke at cruisers weight? Not necessary.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I WANT tablecloths.....I hate my drink getting condensation on the table and dripping on me! Tablecloths are civilized. Bare tables are NOT..they are tacky.

Ask for an extra napkin. Put your drink on it. Problem solved.

• Like 1

Hmm, I'm not sure I would have room in my suitcase for a tablecloth :eek:

I do prefer one but not having one doesn't ruin dinner. The reason I liked them was that I am very short and my feet do not comfortably touch the floor so the tablecloth helped to hide my sometimes less than ladylike leg placement :D