Wellness: Now Includes Yacht Club Benefits

gkbiiii

Passengers in the Wellness cabins within the YC will be the only ones who will have the same access as the rest of the YC passengers and not those Wellness cabins outside the YC as some seem to think.

There are also pcc and travel agents who claim to know a lot about MSC when in reality they are guessing!

1. The Seaside has NO YC Wellness Suites, yet ALL Wellness are given Meals & Drinks in the YC.

I believe Jeff Herzfeld, (Director of Consumer Sales, MSC Cruises USA) is not correct, due to the benefits are showing for MSC Seaside and not the other ships.

Both the MSC Meraviglia & MSC Seaside are the ONLY ships to offer the full "YACHT CLUB WELLNESS Category" and therefore (as shown in the booking screen for the MSC Seaside Cabin Experiences) Booking Wellness Experience, on the MSC Seaside WILL get you Yacht Club Privileges!

Edited by gkbiiii

1. The Seaside has NO YC Wellness Suites, yet ALL Wellness are given Meals & Drinks in the YC.

The only wellness category staterooms who are receiving meals and drinks in the Yacht Club are those pax who book a Yacht Club wellness stateroom onboard MSC Meraviglia. MSC Divina and MSC Seaside do not have wellness staterooms in the Yacht Club and passengers who have booked a wellness stateroom onboard either Divina or Seaside "WILL NOT" be allowed into the Yacht Club,,,this comes directly from the Director Of Consumer Sales for MSC Cruises USA.

The only wellness category staterooms who are receiving meals and drinks in the Yacht Club are those pax who book a Yacht Club wellness stateroom onboard MSC Meraviglia. MSC Divina and MSC Seaside do not have wellness staterooms in the Yacht Club and passengers who have booked a wellness stateroom onboard either Divina or Seaside "WILL NOT" be allowed into the Yacht Club,,,this comes directly from the Director Of Consumer Sales for MSC Cruises USA.

THE MSC Meraviglia, is the sister-ship to the MSC Seaside; which will have the full Wellness YC Benefits, for ALL Wellness Cabins.

Edited by gkbiiii

THE MSC Meraviglia, is the sister-ship to the MSC Seaside; which will have the full Wellness YC Benefits, for ALL Wellness Cabins.

They are NOT sister ships, so what you say does not follow.

They are two different classes of Ship. The seaside is a Seaside class and Meraviglia is a Vista class ship.

See for yourself

SEASIDE

seaside.jpg

MERAVIGLIA

meraviglia_1.jpg

Pete

MSC Meraviglia is a "Vista Class" ship,,built for all weather cruising:

sagoma.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-19%20at%207.12.52%20PM_zpsjr161tfo.png

MSC Seaside is a "Seaside Class" ship,,built for warm weather destinations:

5.jpg

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-19%20at%207.13.18%20PM_zpsz8jywr3y.png

Edited by Mikesa1721

All very true, yet the Wellness Cabin Experiences Booking Popup; shows only for the MSC Meraviglia & MSC Seaside.

Which are MSC's Two Largest Ships.

NOT FOR SEASIDE!!!!!!

You can't get a booking for a "SEASIDE YCW " they don't exist, !Yet!

saeside%20wellness.jpg

nor do they exist on the ship specs on the MSC web site

MERAVIGLIA CABINS, NOTE:- YCW

merviglia%20cabins.jpg

SEASDE CABINS, NOTE :- NO YCW

seaside%20cabins.jpg

What does it take to convince some people they are WRONG??

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I am currently looking into booking the Seaside 2017 Transatlantic and found new information on the new Wellness Experience.

Wellness Experience now includes the following Yacht Club Benefits:

1. Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner, in the Yacht Club Restaurant.

2. All drinks throughout the ship & within the Yacht Club.

3. All drinks in your stateroom, Yacht Club Standard.

4. Special Wellness menu, for all meals, in the Yacht Club Restaurant.

Bottom line: exceptional benefits, minus the Butlers and suites!

I' really don't care about all that wellnes crap...

The most important part is sentence 2....., first part of the sentence :)

Some people really do have a lot to learn about MSC !

What do you mean? Anyway, MSC does need to have a private dining room for Wellness Experience to make it at least equal/better than Costa Samara & Crystal Aqua Class.

What do you mean? Anyway, MSC does need to have a private dining room for Wellness Experience to make it at least equal/better than Costa Samara & Crystal Aqua Class.

It's an interesting idea and I do think Celebrity Cruises 'Aqua' Class is a good analogy, but it's also worth noting on Celebrity 'Aqua' class and the suites do have separate dining areas (and the suites were assigned to the MDR before the suite-only 'Luminae' came out). On the newer MSC ships though, it'd be an interesting idea and selling point. The flip side though is Wellness *is* getting their own menu at least.

It's an interesting idea and I do think Celebrity Cruises 'Aqua' Class is a good analogy, but it's also worth noting on Celebrity 'Aqua' class and the suites do have separate dining areas (and the suites were assigned to the MDR before the suite-only 'Luminae' came out). On the newer MSC ships though, it'd be an interesting idea and selling point. The flip side though is Wellness *is* getting their own menu at least.

I am confused by this, as some of the literature "only" mentions a "special section of the buffet"; which could mean that it is the same food offered to everyone. I have come closed to booking Costa Samara, based on the private dining room.

If you want all this extra dining room nonsense then best to sail with an American line, only when you realise that MSC is different will you get it. MSC would be best served by removing the two wellness cabins from the YC on Meraviglia, wellness guests having their own menu means that there is no requirement for yet another dining room and kitchen for a small number of people.

If you want all this extra dining room nonsense then best to sail with an American line, only when you realise that MSC is different will you get it. MSC would be best served by removing the two wellness cabins from the YC on Meraviglia, wellness guests having their own menu means that there is no requirement for yet another dining room and kitchen for a small number of people.

BUT... Costa is an Italian Line, which is NOT Americanized.

I just had quite the adventure reading this thread. All I have to say is you really do have to understand MSC to also understand the confusion. Hehehe!

I would have definately thought long & hard about booking the YC again if the wellness program included use of the YC pool & lounge. It would become crowded and less exclusive. Plus I'd be pissed I couldn't drink all over the ship, which is truly the only drawback of the YC. I really hoping they are going to fix that on the Seaside.

Thanks for getting good intel on this.

I just had quite the adventure reading this thread. All I have to say is you really do have to understand MSC to also understand the confusion. Hehehe!

Yep bang on on the nail.

BUT... Costa is an Italian Line, which is NOT Americanized.

Costa is Italian in name only, it is owned by Carnival an American company!

Hi All,

Here is the list of all benefits included in the Wellness experience:

Free Welcome Kit in Your Stateroom

Includes t-shirt & shorts, sports towel, wellness mat, Technogym Wellness Bag with resistance bands for exercising in room, Tecnhogym key, and bracelet.

Exclusive wellness shore activities

6-night or less cruises – 1 excursion included; 7-night cruises – 2 excursions included; 8-night+ cruises – 3 excursions included

Medical check-up with MSC Doctor

Includes blood pressure test, electrocardiogram, and cholesterol test

Personalized Wellness Program

Created based on pre-cruise questionnaire and consultation with MSC Master Trainer – will result in guests being assigned to one of 6 fitness profiles

One hour gym class per day, excluding embarkation and disembarkation days; 50% discount on any additional classes.

Example gym classes include Zumba, Yoga, Aqua Cycling and Pilates.

*For 8-night + cruises, gym classes are every other day.

Various indoor and outdoor activities on board

Free sport drink each day in your stateroom mini-bar

Water package consisting of unlimited consumption of mineral water in the stateroom and all bars and restaurants

Selection of fresh, healthy food & drink options available in restaurants and buffet.

Food & drink options to match guest’s personal wellness profile

One-on-one consultation with MSC Master Trainer, trained by Technogym

Includes a body fat composition test

• Laundry service for your gym gear found in welcome kit

Free Internet access to the Technogym App

Allows guests to monitor and track their fitness progress

1 group photo with all Wellness Experience guests

Priority in choice of dinner sitting (subject to availability)