Wellness: Now Includes Yacht Club Benefits

gkbiiii

What happened to the following:

1. Ship Doctor's Exam.

2. Drinks in the mini-bar and around the ship.

3. Dining YC or special areas on ship.

1. In post 74, benefit # 3 states a Medical check up with MSC Doctor. 2. You also get a free sport drink (benefit # 7) and unlimited mineral water in your stateroom and bars and restaurants around the ship (benefit # 8). 3. Fresh, healthy food options around the ship (benefit # 9).

If you wish to drink or eat in the YC, you'll have to sadly pay for it and reserve a cabin in that area. Sorry that the loophole you thought you found has been plugged.

Great pic Mike. Kind of says it all. So much for wellness. Of course, when I was there it did a lot for my wellbeing. LOL

I know Deliver,,,lifting 12 ounces at a time is about all the wellness I can handle!!!!:p

Hi All,

Here is the list of all benefits included in the Wellness experience:

Free Welcome Kit in Your Stateroom

Includes t-shirt & shorts, sports towel, wellness mat, Technogym Wellness Bag with resistance bands for exercising in room, Tecnhogym key, and bracelet.

Exclusive wellness shore activities

6-night or less cruises – 1 excursion included; 7-night cruises – 2 excursions included; 8-night+ cruises – 3 excursions included

Medical check-up with MSC Doctor

Includes blood pressure test, electrocardiogram, and cholesterol test

Personalized Wellness Program

Created based on pre-cruise questionnaire and consultation with MSC Master Trainer – will result in guests being assigned to one of 6 fitness profiles

One hour gym class per day, excluding embarkation and disembarkation days; 50% discount on any additional classes.

Example gym classes include Zumba, Yoga, Aqua Cycling and Pilates.

*For 8-night + cruises, gym classes are every other day.

Various indoor and outdoor activities on board

Free sport drink each day in your stateroom mini-bar

Water package consisting of unlimited consumption of mineral water in the stateroom and all bars and restaurants

Selection of fresh, healthy food & drink options available in restaurants and buffet.

Food & drink options to match guest’s personal wellness profile

One-on-one consultation with MSC Master Trainer, trained by Technogym

Includes a body fat composition test

• Laundry service for your gym gear found in welcome kit

Free Internet access to the Technogym App

Allows guests to monitor and track their fitness progress

1 group photo with all Wellness Experience guests

Priority in choice of dinner sitting (subject to availability)

My wellness program is eating healthy and not stuffing my face in the buffet and keeping my drinking down ( two or three beers)...lol.........and spending and hr walking the prom deck each day.....(free)......who is MSC trying to kid with this program.....might as well give free fitbits out also....just to see how many steps to the doctors room....

Ken ... looks like you are paying for a gym membership for a week or two to me, aimed at fitness fanatics! Free to everyone else ... :D

Edited by sidari

Listening to Ken Muskat's and Bonnie Levengood's podcast yesterday,,the "Wellness" program was designed more for the millennials who are looking to include health and fitness as part of their vacation. You can listen to that interview here:http://blog.cooperatize.com/?powerpress_pinw=1030-podcast

Listening to Ken Muskat's and Bonnie Levengood's podcast yesterday,,the "Wellness" program was designed more for the millennials who are looking to include health and fitness as part of their vacation. You can listen to that interview here:http://blog.cooperatize.com/?powerpress_pinw=1030-podcast

Millennials (also known as the Millennial Generation or Generation Y, abbreviated to Gen Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when the generation starts and ends; most researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to around 2000.

I wonder if that is the group with lots of money that MSC is trying to cater to and are they cruising????....our kids are millennials and with small kids and keeping their heads out of debt they sure are not cruising.....our recent HAL cruise was full of the "oldsters" who had lots of dough....in fact Judy and I seemed to be one of the youngest on the ship in our upper 60's...lol.....maybe the Carrib market is diff in Florida but I assume there is a pretty oldish age group there also....

Millennials (also known as the Millennial Generation or Generation Y, abbreviated to Gen Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when the generation starts and ends; most researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to around 2000.

I wonder if that is the group with lots of money that MSC is trying to cater to and are they cruising????....our kids are millennials and with small kids and keeping their heads out of debt they sure are not cruising.....our recent HAL cruise was full of the "oldsters" who had lots of dough....in fact Judy and I seemed to be one of the youngest on the ship in our upper 60's...lol.....maybe the Carrib market is diff in Florida but I assume there is a pretty oldish age group there also....

According to Ken Muskat,,only 20% of the population have ever cruised before. Like the other main stream cruise lines,,they are all trying to attract more of the 80% who have never sailed before. At Sea Trade 2015 in Miami last year,,,a big focus was placed on trying to attract millennials to the cruising industry. I have to think that all the major players are looking to see an increase in onboard revenue, and honestly,,,I think the cruise lines would rather see first time cruisers filling those staterooms than veteran cruisers. First time cruisers will buy the pictures,,buy the souvenir glasses,,and things from the logo stores. Veteran cruisers have already spent their money on those things, and tend to be more frugal with their onboard spending,,,:)

...our recent HAL cruise was full of the "oldsters" who had lots of dough....in fact Judy and I seemed to be one of the youngest on the ship in our upper 60's...lol..
Sounds like your cruise fit the stereotype about the blue hairs on Hal and the corridors are all filled up with wheelchairs.

I think the cruise lines would rather see first time cruisers filling those staterooms than veteran cruisers. First time cruisers will buy the pictures,,buy the souvenir glasses,,and things from the logo stores. Veteran cruisers have already spent their money on those things, and tend to be more frugal with their onboard spending,,,:)
You're spot on with that observation Mike, it seems like the mainstream lines are all trying to out do each other trying to each get their slice of that 80% non cruiser yet pie. Included drink packages, on board credits and other perks are being dangled to entice those who have not cruised yet to give it a try.

MSC though took it one step further and dangled something that some veteran cruisers might partake in and that is the YC inside cabin. Being on the low end of middle class, I could never afford what Norwegian is asking for their Haven suites, but the YC inside is within my budget and we're looking forward to our sailing in January of 2018 on the Seaside.

Will never understand why people put themselves into a class bracket when choosing a cabin on a ship! Having stayed in Suites, Balconies, Outsides and Insides we have never considered that we needed to be a certain class because we could afford a Suite.