Standard drink package

Costa2016

As an example, DH asked for either Amstel or Dos Equis - turns out it is included in standard but not classic. Odd thing is those beers are listed as $7, and the standard is supposed to include beer at $6 and under.

I encountered this same oddity when trying to order a Dos Equis on the Classic. Otherwise, I was able to freely order beers and cocktails that are included on the Standard without problem, and did so frequently.

Another semi-oddity -- half-priced martinis at the Martini Bar are NOT included on the Classic Package despite their sale price point being below the $8 limit for cocktails on the Classic Package. In other words, discounted drinks aren't included on the Classic if their pre-sale price is above the package limit. I've never seen this limitation listed anywhere in the fine print.

They seem to be making up rules as they go along -- each bartender's interpretation of the instructions. Whoever wrote that there are too many packages was right on -- they need to go by the old maxim KISS!

(That's Keep It Simple, Stupid, for those who might not be familiar with the phrase)

Is there a limit with the classic package? Am I only allowed a certain number of sodas, coffees, or alcoholic drinks per day?

Nope, there is no limit to the number of drinks you can order per day, unlike with some other cruise companies that do impose a limit (*cough* Carnival *cough*). You can only order one drink per card at a time, but otherwise the only limit is the price limit on the drinks.

The description for the classic package no longer mentions coffees and fresh squeezed juices. I don't see the difference between Standard and Classic when reading X's explanation of packages.

As of Friday, 20 May 2016 at 1.50p est they are mentioned and included in Classic and Premium beverage package descriptions at X's website.

bon voyage

To add to the confusion, there is (or was, anyway) a distinction made between specialty coffee and premium coffee.

Premium coffee (which is what it says the packages include) is the hot drinks, essentially. The Iglu and frappucino-type drinks were considered "specialty."

This came up when a traveling companion purchased the classic NA package which included premium, but not specialty, coffees at Cafe al Bacio.

I just want to know if my Iglus are covered or not!

If you have not seen this thread (CLICK HERE) it will explain it all. There is nothing about the X beverage packages that is not in this thread. I wish Cruise Critic would make this a Sticky on the Celebrity boards.

If you have not seen this thread (CLICK HERE) it will explain it all. There is nothing about the X beverage packages that is not in this thread. I wish Cruise Critic would make this a Sticky on the Celebrity boards.

Thank you, but if you read the post, it was written before the three levels of liquor packages were offered. It does not clarify many of the questions asked. No mention of specialty coffees.

Thank you, but if you read the post, it was written before the three levels of liquor packages were offered. It does not clarify many of the questions asked. No mention of specialty coffees.

Go to the last post. The OP updates constantly. If he hasn't updated his PDF since that change, he will at any time.

If you have not seen this thread (CLICK HERE) it will explain it all. There is nothing about the X beverage packages that is not in this thread. [\quote]

Hmmm! Where does that thread state that an americano is included in the standard package but not on the classic package?

It's specifically listed as included in the standard package list of included drinks....

Edited by ghstudio

• 10 months later...
To add to the confusion, there is (or was, anyway) a distinction made between specialty coffee and premium coffee.

Premium coffee (which is what it says the packages include) is the hot drinks, essentially. The Iglu and frappucino-type drinks were considered "specialty."

This came up when a traveling companion purchased the classic NA package which included premium, but not specialty, coffees at Cafe al Bacio.

I just want to know if my Iglus are covered or not!

My affogattos were covered on the Classic Beverage Package back in Nov on the Millennium

Au Contrare. Those posts were from back in 2015 and are somewhat out of date. For example, the new Standard Beverage Package did not even exist until just the last few weeks. Since we have not been on a Celebrity cruise since Decembee 2016, we would not even venture a guess as to the policy today! Since "Lisa: has become CEO, this line has undergone a major program of cut-backs and price increases...and what existed yesterday likely has been changed today....and more likely will be changed tomorrow. With Celebrity, it is now a real adventure every time we board...because its impossible to keep up with all the changes (mostly negative). For example, the last time we boarded in Aqua Class we suddenly discovered that we no longer were to get unlimited bottled water. Our steward told us they had just changed that policy (effective our cruise)! When I tried to order a particular type of Cognac in my favorite bar we were told that they no longer had that aboard. I seem to recall the Classic Drink package was prices at $49 a day. So now we have a lesser package priced at $45 a day. One wonders what will come next?

Hank:evilsmile:

Sure wish that someone who has had the Standard Package would come on here and let us know what it really includes and excludes, other than the website explanation. We are on a 19 night TP, so no drink packages were included as perks. The Standard pkg will run the 2 of us over $1700, a good size chunk of change for those who don't drink much, but do enjoy the convenience of the package. Anyone tried it? What drinks does it really include?

Is $1700 for two (2) the correct amount for the Standard pig?

• 4 weeks later...

OK - let's calculate folks.

Standard pkg $45 US pp/pd

So for 2 people on 19 day cruise = 45 X 2 X 19 = $1710 US

We are Canadians and so must add 25% - that's way too much for us! We don't drink enough to justify this amount ( and wouldn't want to!).