Million Dollar Quartet on the NCL Getaway

Thanks for your responses, we have decided to book the 10.15pm show. Does anybody know if Haven guests have a dedicated section of seats in the theatre, comparable to those on the Norwegian Sun for suite guests or is it a case of joining the lines and seats are allocated on a first come basis.

The Haven has reserved seats on the left side of the theater kind of in the middle. We went down closer to the stage however. It is first come-no reserved seats other than the Haven section which is just a section blocked off.

Thanks for your responses, we have decided to book the 10.15pm show. Does anybody know if Haven guests have a dedicated section of seats in the theatre, comparable to those on the Norwegian Sun for suite guests or is it a case of joining the lines and seats are allocated on a first come basis.

The Haven does have a reserved section of seats in the left side of theater towards the middle. It is all first come, first served-no reserved specific seats. We moved down closer to the front tho.

• 3 weeks later...

The Getaway made it to RIO! All of the cast are safe and well and super excited to be there! They are out exploring the city. I pray for the safety of all the crew.

FYI-Today MDQ sang "Down by the Riverside" for CBS news on camera. They were told that they could be on the news in the morning (Saturday) or sometime in the near future. CBS has a good morning show on Saturday. Maybe they will be on!

The Getaway made it to RIO! All of the cast are safe and well and super excited to be there! They are out exploring the city. I pray for the safety of all the crew.

FYI-Today MDQ sang "Down by the Riverside" for CBS news on camera. They were told that they could be on the news in the morning (Saturday) or sometime in the near future. CBS has a good morning show on Saturday. Maybe they will be on!

I am quoting myself! I just saw on CBS news that my son was interviewed briefly. The reporter talked to my son, Kurt, about being at the Olympics and the other cast were there too. It was a random interview though. They were not identified as affiliated with Norwegian and they were in street clothes, but pretty cool!

I am quoting myself! I just saw on CBS news that my son was interviewed briefly. The reporter talked to my son, Kurt, about being at the Olympics and the other cast were there too. It was a random interview though. They were not identified as affiliated with Norwegian and they were in street clothes, but pretty cool!

Wish I had seen that! Please keep us informed about your son and his cast-mates time in Rio. Love the updates from our favorite NCL show at sea and this once in a lifetime event during their Getaway contract:D

Wish I had seen that! Please keep us informed about your son and his cast-mates time in Rio. Love the updates from our favorite NCL show at sea and this once in a lifetime event during their Getaway contract:D

Thanks for the nice endorsement of your fav NCL show at sea!!

My SIL's mother caught them in a random "man on the street" interview. What I did to see it was Google: CBS and Kurt Jenkins-it came up because they introduced him by name. I think I might have put Rio in there too. If ya'll are interested.

I need to figure out this photo bucket thing because I am getting great pictures from the lot of them. They are having the time of their lives and love Rio. I do not know when they have to work tho. Haha! Kurt has not mentioned that! They have a lot more freedom because of course, they do not have to worry about the ship leaving port every day and getting back on time. It is a once in a lifetime experience. They are very blessed.

The drummer, Sean, met a USA basketball player on the GA, Kevin Durant, and talked to him for awhile. Go USA!

Edited by Seminole1975

• 3 weeks later...

We are so excited to see this show on our cruise in early June! Glad to hear it's ready to go now on the Getaway:D

We so totally loved this show. Even our 9 year old grandson wanted to see it a second time. It was his favorite. Hoping it will still be on for the trans-atlantic, especially the guy who played Jerry Lee Lewis. He was amazing.

We so totally loved this show. Even our 9 year old grandson wanted to see it a second time. It was his favorite. Hoping it will still be on for the trans-atlantic, especially the guy who played Jerry Lee Lewis. He was amazing.

So happy to hear these comments! Yes Jared (Jerry Lee) is amazing and he is only 19! What a career he will have! My son plays Carl Perkins and I think he is pretty good too, however, Jerry Lee always steals the show!:)

This particular cast's contact will be up November 20, 2016. However Norwegian has the MDQ contract for 2 more years, so another cast will come on board in November.The cast's contracts are for 6 months at a time. They have the option of applying for another contract if they want to. Not sure when the transatlantic cruise is, but if it is in the next 2 years, the show will be on board.

So happy to hear these comments! Yes Jared (Jerry Lee) is amazing and he is only 19! What a career he will have! My son plays Carl Perkins and I think he is pretty good too, however, Jerry Lee always steals the show!:)

This particular cast's contact will be up November 20, 2016. However Norwegian has the MDQ contract for 2 more years, so another cast will come on board in November.The cast's contracts are for 6 months at a time. They have the option of applying for another contract if they want to. Not sure when the transatlantic cruise is, but if it is in the next 2 years, the show will be on board.

So glad we will see this same cast for our October Escape! Then we will be back on the Escape in January so wonder who will change in and who might stay. Glad to hear NCL will have this great show for the next two years:D

Seminole 1975, do you folks happen to be from England??

I ask this because back in February I saw MDQ on the Escape ( best show I have ever seen aboard a ship and right up there with the best of Broadway)....

The next night I was watching The Brat Pack down in the nightclub and was sitting next to the young man who played Carl Perkins in MDQ. I started talking to him for awhile and was taken aback by his fairly thick British accent. I told him that was some fine acting coming from England and putting on that southern drawl .

So glad we will see this same cast for our October Escape! Then we will be back on the Escape in January so wonder who will change in and who might stay. Glad to hear NCL will have this great show for the next two years:D

Sand this show is on the Getaway. The first cast was on the Escape and then Norwegian moved the show to the Getaway in the spring. The second cast (the current cast) started on the Getaway in May.

Seminole 1975, do you folks happen to be from England??

I ask this because back in February I saw MDQ on the Escape ( best show I have ever seen aboard a ship and right up there with the best of Broadway)....

The next night I was watching The Brat Pack down in the nightclub and was sitting next to the young man who played Carl Perkins in MDQ. I started talking to him for awhile and was taken aback by his fairly thick British accent. I told him that was some fine acting coming from England and putting on that southern drawl .

We are from Birmingham, but Alabama not England haha! Interesting. I did not realize the first Carl Perkins for Norwegian was English.

I look forward to seeing your son and the others perform next month on Getaway. I was afforded the nice opportunity to catch a brief part of their shoreside rehearsal, and they were becoming a nice troupe.

I'd done the same with the first cast, and then got to enjoy them on two early Escape sailings. For them JLL (Chris) was also the one most would be talking about at exit . . . as was also the case with Levi in NYC. Just the way it's written. During the week he'd occasionally sub in at Howl At The Moon to give someone an extra break, and that was always fun to see as well.

. . . The cast's contracts are for 6 months at a time. They have the option of applying for another contract if they want to.

I had no clue on that one. Would be nice to have someone continuing on to offer some extra strength and mentoring (performance and also general support to onboard living challenges), but wondering how that would impact the Tampa rehearsals with someone missing, or replaced with a swing, because they're already onboard.

Sand this show is on the Getaway. The first cast was on the Escape and then Norwegian moved the show to the Getaway in the spring. The second cast (the current cast) started on the Getaway in May.

Rats! And I was getting all excited to see them again. We did see your son and the great cast on the Getaway in June so I really did know the show had moved...but have gotten it all confused:o

My kitchen is torn out, floors just getting put in.....I really do need this vacation!

This thread just makes me even more excited to see this. I booked our reservations for this show on a November cruise earlier today. Can't wait!

We found out last night that this cast will be on the Getaway until December 4. It was originally November 20. Not home for Thanksgiving for the fourth year:( due to work. Hopefully he will make it for Christmas.

We found out last night that this cast will be on the Getaway until December 4. It was originally November 20. Not home for Thanksgiving for the fourth year:( due to work. Hopefully he will make it for Christmas.

Crap, we sail the 12/4 sailing. Was hoping to get a chance to see this crew.

Crap, we sail the 12/4 sailing. Was hoping to get a chance to see this crew.

Everyone seemed to like the first cast that started last November-maybe some of them "re-upped" for a second contract. It is 6 months on, 6 months off for these entertainers.

The transatlantic is scheduled for April 30-May 16. Hoping if they change, that the next group is as good as your son's group was. Believe it or not, there are already 110 people on the roll call. Biggest I've ever seen. We will look forward to seeing whoever is there. Carol

Saw this show on the Getaway this weekend, your son was great!

Thank you so much! I missed a phone call from him yesterday.:( I am missing him very much today, so glad to know!

Did you ever see the show when it was in Chicago? He lived there for 2 years while he was in MDQ before it closed in January. MDQ was in Chicago for seven years!

Edited by Seminole1975

This show is absolutely fabulous!! Just seen it on the 2 day portion of our B2B. Ran into the cast member who plays Jerry lee Lewis while in the atrium. DH and I both told him how fantastic the show was which made him smile. He even told us we should see it a second time. Would have loved to, but we had other things planned on the nights that it was offered on the 7 day portion of the B2B. Definitely would see it again on a future sailing.

Edited by Weluv2cruise2gether