Million Dollar Quartet on the NCL Getaway

My entire family love MDQ last week! The cast was great and very friendly when seen around the ship. We sat next to the performer who played Jerry Lee Lewis when we went to see Burn the Floor. He was very obliging with some guests who recognized him and asked to take a picture. He was also very supportive of the Burn the Floor performers and you could tell he really enjoyed watching the show.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on this same cruise. LOVED the MDQ! Interesting to know that they used the Burn the Floor singer to understudy. Does the rest of the MDQ cast perform or have other jobs during the other days of the cruise? It's a waste of good talent otherwise!

I hope they keep this show running for a long time. I praised them in our survey we received. Excellent choice for entertainment on board!

So happy you liked the show! My son plays Carl Perkins (who plays lead guitar in the show) He is also the understudy for the Burn the Floor singer. DS is also the Stage Captain for MDQ which comes with a whole set of responsibilities. As far as playing anywhere else on the ship, he is not required to do so at this time that I am aware of.

Thank you for the good comments to NCL! Very important!

Seminole1975- when does your son's contract end? we sail 9/11. Our son and now daughter-in-law used to be in the cast on Pride of America

Seminole1975- when does your son's contract end? we sail 9/11. Our son and now daughter-in-law used to be in the cast on Pride of America

Hi. Not sure of the exact date, but I know he will be home for Thanksgiving so you will get to see him!

Just booked our MDQ this morning! Can't wait. Also loving your Getaway review. She is our favorite ship.

How terrific that you got to see your son perform on such a gorgeous ship- and to such rave reviews!!! Congrats all around!

Just booked our MDQ this morning! Can't wait. Also loving your Getaway review. She is our favorite ship.

How terrific that you got to see your son perform on such a gorgeous ship- and to such rave reviews!!! Congrats all around!

Thank you! I just talked to DS today. Apparently MDQ has been rated the #1 show in all of the NCL fleet! Bravo Lady and Gentlemen!

Thank you! I just talked to DS today. Apparently MDQ has been rated the #1 show in all of the NCL fleet! Bravo Lady and Gentlemen!

I believe it! It's certainly the best show I've ever seen at sea, and I'm going to pay to see it again this fall in Vegas. It's so good.

I believe it! It's certainly the best show I've ever seen at sea, and I'm going to pay to see it again this fall in Vegas. It's so good.

Thank you LrgPizza! When they were in Chicago, people would go and see it more than once. That's why they were able to run the show for seven years!(Plus they marketed it to tour groups)

Absolutely the best! We have been on 8 NCL cruises in the last couple of years and this is our very favorite show. Also loved Burn the Floor, but MDQ got the top marks on our cruise survey. Hope NCL keeps this show going for a LONG time. Would love to see it again:D

Absolutely the best! We have been on 8 NCL cruises in the last couple of years and this is our very favorite show. Also loved Burn the Floor, but MDQ got the top marks on our cruise survey. Hope NCL keeps this show going for a LONG time. Would love to see it again:D

Yay! NCL bought the MDQ license for three years. This is the first year, 2nd cast. They work on six month contracts.

You have all just convinced me I'm gonna love this show enough when I see it in Sept that I'll have to book the Getaway all over again. Didn't really care for Legally Blond when we last sailed the Getaway, so really happy to hear NCL hit on a winner, thanks to great performers like your son obviously is!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Fourth of July Everyone!

I wanted to continue this thread because I have something to tell you.

Some of you have read through my review "Back from the Heaven, I mean Haven". It was actually two threads in one. One of the "threads" was about the cruise and the Haven and the other "thread" was information about MDQ and what it is like being a cast member on a super mega ship.

I would like to continue the thread about MDQ and company. My DS is currently playing the principal lead of Carl Perkins on the Getaway. His best friend, Ben, is playing Elvis. Two guys originally from Birmingham, AL on the high seas! Will, JC, is amazing and Jared, JLL, is stealing all the shows. They were all voted the #1 show in the Norwegian Fleet thanks to their talent, hard work and determination.

Well, one of Mr. Jerry Lee Lewis' friend traveled 6000 miles from Great Britain to see this show. The cast got to meet and hang out with him! (This man was also friends with Carl Perkins and he sent DS some pictures.) He was able to send an approved video to Mr. Lewis himself! Well guess what?! Mr. Lewis wrote a letter to this cast and this is what it said word for word:

To all at Million Dollar Quartet Show on "Getaway"

Absolute Amazing Cast and Music.

I am humbled and grateful to be honored this way. And my good friend Graham K***** made it seem as if I was there!!!!

Hope to meet you all someday.

Please have cruise co ordinator send info to me and my wife.

God Bless you all and my lifetime friend Graham K*****.

Keep Rockin' Jerry Lee Lewis

Wow what an honor! They are beside themselves! Would't if be great if Mr. Lewis could actually come on this cruise?!

Just wanted to share.

Edited by Seminole1975
change of words

What a great letter. How exciting.

I originally saw MDQ in Vegas, like 4 times before seeing onboard.

But wasn't on Getaway...... Epic? Escape?

In any case it was just as good onboard, as the show in Vegas.

And the exact same set! Fantastic.

Also, would like to plug Legends in Concert and Blue Man Group.

Those are also fantastic Vegas shows that weve seen onboard & just as great.

What a great letter. How exciting.

I originally saw MDQ in Vegas, like 4 times before seeing onboard.

But wasn't on Getaway...... Epic? Escape?

In any case it was just as good onboard, as the show in Vegas.

And the exact same set! Fantastic.

Also, would like to plug Legends in Concert and Blue Man Group.

Those are also fantastic Vegas shows that weve seen onboard & just as great.

MDQ with NCL was first on the Escape and then moved to the Getaway. It was great in Chicago as well!

Just got off Getaway on Sunday..this show was AMAZING. Seminole1975, your Son was FANTASTIC. I loved every minute of it.

(btw Seminole1975, from one Nole to another- GO NOLES!)

Just got off Getaway on Sunday..this show was AMAZING. Seminole1975, your Son was FANTASTIC. I loved every minute of it.

(btw Seminole1975, from one Nole to another- GO NOLES!)

Yes! Go Noles!

Wonderful! I am so glad that the show went well and that you enjoyed it. DS had been fighting off a cold.

I just saw a pic of the entire cast on instagram. They had received so many good comments from passengers, that they all had a private meet and greet with the Captain and the Officers of the Getaway.

DS and company are looking forward to their next big adventure: The Olympics!! They bought tickets to an Olympic event. They hope now that their schedule will allow for them to attend it!! As many of you know, the Getaway will be a floating hotel for "Olympic family" in Rio. I do not know what their schedule will be like, but all the Getaway entertainment cast members are going!

If any of you see Kurt around the ship, tell him his Mom says hi! He will get a kick out of it!

• 2 weeks later...

Could someone let me know how long the show lasts for. We have two 11 year olds in our party and we are trying to figure if the 10.15 show will be too late for them.

Edited by Elfa

Could someone let me know how long the show lasts for. We have two 11 year olds in our party and we are trying to figure if the 10.15 show will be too late for them.

I can tell you. The show is 1 1/2 hours without intermission. And a hint, just when you think it might be over, don't leave! There is an encore when each performer does one more song.

Thanks for your responses, we have decided to book the 10.15pm show. Does anybody know if Haven guests have a dedicated section of seats in the theatre, comparable to those on the Norwegian Sun for suite guests or is it a case of joining the lines and seats are allocated on a first come basis.