A mix between Royal & Celebrity?

Extra Kim

I have got a feeling of being a little too old for Royal but too young for Celebrity, is there something else for me?

To give you a picture, I'm 35 my soon to be wife is 24. We have been on five real cruises (& several two nts cruises in the Baltic sea), four on Royal and one on Celebrity (I have done one more on Royal and one on NCL Epic) and several land trips.

We are not into the Broadway shows, but like the Quest, the marrige game and the quiz on Royal. We love ziplines (well not that exited about the on on Oasis/Allure), waterslides, I loved the blue man group on Epic and stuff like that.

With this in mind Royal sounds like our cruise line, BUT we don't like the fact that EVERYTHING is extremely loud on Royal.

We loved the cruise on Celebrity Equinox because of the more peaceful atmosfare onboard, but the passangers are a bit old compared to us and the entertainment are for a older crowed.

Is there something inbetween RCL and Celebrity? How is Princess?

Princess was the first line that came to my mind. Their ships and entertainment aren't as good as RCI, but their ships are a little more active than Celebrity. Thing is, I'm pretty sure the average age of the Princess cruiser is even higher than Celebrity.

One thing about Celebrity though....they are improving their entertainment with dry docks. I cruised Eclipse back in December and the main shows were amazing. I would rate one of the main shows, "Topper," up there with Oasis Class shows. Does the name Richard Spacey ring a bell? He was one of RCI's top Cruise Directors. He's now on the Eclipse. He also did a 70's night in the Centrum that I had never previously seen on Celebrity....complete with the Village People.

Avoid the new NCL ships. If you think RCI is loud, you'll be deafened by NCL.

Edited by Aquahound

I don't know why you feel too old for Royal Caribbean. You and your future wife are exactly the demographic that they target. I find Princess is very close to Celebrity in terms of what they offer and have pretty much similar age demographics. NCL is another line that will blast their music everywhere.

Loud music has become part and parcel of every mainstream cruise line. For whatever reason, corporate bigwigs seem to feel that by increasing their volume will attract younger passengers. Recently, Celebrity has been criticized for pumping up the volume in all their venues to the point you can't have a conversation with the person sitting next to you. The only lines that don't blast you out of your chair are the luxury lines, which tend to have higher age demographics and very high fares.

I want to suggest MSC in The Yacht Club. Their shows are fantastic and not too loud. There is live music every night in the lounge of the Yacht Club (pianist, some singing but not too loud.) There is a special restaurant for Yacht Club guests and a 24 hour snack buffet as well as butler service and concierge service. Also, this line is much less expensive than other lines and discourages tipping.

I want to suggest MSC in The Yacht Club. Their shows are fantastic and not too loud. There is live music every night in the lounge of the Yacht Club (pianist, some singing but not too loud.) There is a special restaurant for Yacht Club guests and a 24 hour snack buffet as well as butler service and concierge service. Also, this line is much less expensive than other lines and discourages tipping.

Wow.....never knew about yacht club. Knew about MSC but reviews were never that great....off my radar. A positive statement from SuiteTraveler is enough for me to research yacht club itineraries......hmmmm:p