Alaska 2018 Itineraries

LMKakaThing2

It varies by cruise line, so I would be asking on the board for the cruise line involved. For HAL, it will be around Jan 1, 2017, give or take a couple of weeks.

I'm actually undecided on cruise line although, I am leaning towards HAL especially if they do a 14 day great Alaskan explorer cruise in 2018.

When I was looking at 2007 Alaska cruises in 2006 - HAL was about the last to release their Alaska itineraries...in May! Most cruise lines release them much earlier now. I booked a 2017 NCL Alaska cruise on Jan. 1st this year (available to book 12/22/15), and HAL and Celebrity were available even earlier (11/23/15 and 12/1/15, respectively). RCI released theirs Feb. 25 - because I booked b2b Alaska cruises on that date. :) I just checked the Star Princess 2017 Alaska cruises, and those were available to book on 12/3/15.

If you check the web site that keeps track of cruise prices (that I can't mention here) - you can see when individual Alaska cruises were available to be booked.

Of the mainstream lines, is HAL the only one that offers a 14 day cruise visiting some of the smaller ports? I'm not too keen on doing a b2b because I want to visit different ports. Although I know I could find 2 different things to do in each port during the b2b.

Of the mainstream lines, is HAL the only one that offers a 14 day cruise visiting some of the smaller ports? I'm not too keen on doing a b2b because I want to visit different ports. Although I know I could find 2 different things to do in each port during the b2b.

NCL Sun has a nice 14-night itinerary in May 2017 - but there's only one: https://www.ncl.com/cruises/14-day-ultimate-alaska-from-san-francisco-SUN14SFOASTKTNJNUSGYICYSITPRRNNOVAN?numberOfGuests=4294915774&ships=4294963203&state=null&destinations=4294934553&itineraryCode=SUN14SFOASTKTNJNUSGYICYSITPRRNNOVAN HAL has cut back on the number of their 14-night Great Land itineraries for 2017, so I hope they will still be available in 2018.

Edited by NancyIL

NCL Sun has a nice 14-night itinerary in May 2017 - but there's only one: https://www.ncl.com/cruises/14-day-ultimate-alaska-from-san-francisco-SUN14SFOASTKTNJNUSGYICYSITPRRNNOVAN?numberOfGuests=4294915774&ships=4294963203&state=null&destinations=4294934553&itineraryCode=SUN14SFOASTKTNJNUSGYICYSITPRRNNOVAN HAL has cut back on the number of their 14-night Great Land itineraries for 2017, so I hope they will still be available in 2018.

Thanks for link to the NCL itinerary! I'm kinda hoping they offer it for 2018! Although I would prefer a July date which HAL offers a July date for 2017. Looks like I got some thinking to do before itineraries come out.

• 5 months later...
I'm actually undecided on cruise line although, I am leaning towards HAL especially if they do a 14 day great Alaskan explorer cruise in 2018.
I hope this helps:
Alaska 2018 is going to be released on Dec 2,2016. Got this from may HAL PVP om Friday.

Holland America 2018 Alaska cruises are available for booking through Holland America directly (today - through others either today or tomorrow). We just booked a June 30, 2018 cruise to Alaska on ms Nieuw Amsterdam.

Royal released the 2017 itineraries as I boarded a cruise Feb 28th, 2016 (so that's how I know the date).

I'm relying on that info to book my 2018 cruise asap.

I booked my May 2017 RCI Alaska cruises on Feb 26th. The site that watches for price drops lists Feb. 25 as the first day 2017 Alaska cruises were available to book.

• 2 months later...
I sent a tweet to Royal Caribbean today re: 2018 Alaska itineraries. They aid by the end of March.

I still think it will be end of February.

We'll see

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

When I asked on the Royal Caribbean board I was given a different answer: see attached link below.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2017_2018/17054855_Deployment_OpeningSchedule_Flyer.pdf

Don't understand the hold up with their Alaska scheduling.

• 3 weeks later...