Have you experienced bugs on the ship?

A.stew12305

I agree with the hitchhiker theory. Lots of people from Florida cruise. That little guy could have hopped on someone's luggage in FLL and hopped off when luggage was distributed to the rooms.

Princess ships containers from the US to ships in various ports.

There is no way to presume whether the bug was in passengers stuff,

or in princess' stuff.

I once bought a 12 pack of soda at a publix in florida. There

were cockroaches inside the cardboard when I opened it.

I guess it was a dark private place to lay eggs in a warehouse somewhere...

Seems very appropriate to be delivered with the notice from Princess Fine Arts. I have often thought that the company that runs the Art operation has a lot in common with a bunch of roaches.

Ha! My husband said he thought maybe they were mad at us for not paying for them to frame to large print we won!

The woman from the passenger services desk just stopped by and said they are going to keep watch for any more, and maybe spray for something. It didn't come from our room, so I'm not sure what good spraying will do, but I appreciate the follow up and that she spoke to the room stewards so they can keep an eye out.

A definite stowaway!

I was staying in a hotel in Sacramento for a state meeting and one of the staff who flew in from out of town found a large roach in his hotel room. They moved him to the Presidential Suite as compensation and he still only got charged the state employee rate of $94 per night. It was a 2 night stay. We had a bit of a party in his room the first night. :D

Had a transatlantic once where the exterior of the ship had crickets' date=' you could hear them all over the place, especially at night. kind of funny[/quote']

We had crickets on a transatlantic as well. Can't remember which ship, but

could sure hear them early morning and in the evening.

There are worse bugs to have and when it comes to roaches, I would prefer that size vs the smaller ones. Being how it wasn't hanging out in your room I wouldn't be so concerned. Enjoy the rest of your vacation and open the future mail in the hallway! :)

OP's husband is to be commended for his fast thinking in trapping it in a water glass to show to ship staff.

Had it been our cabin, when ship staff arrived to investigate, they would have been shown the splat mark on the floor where it was stepped on.

Bob

Just be glad he was not in your food, and half eaten:eek:!

Had a puny bug crawl out of the raw asparagus from the HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's unfortunate that you found this creature, but since it was brought in from the hallway and likely not delivered with the auction flyer, it was probably unknowingly brought onboard by a fellow passenger. It likely latched onto something while the passenger was in port and dislodged in the hallway.

I would chalk it up to an unfortunate series of events and uncontrollable by the ship's crew.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Agree with every word. We have never seen a bug in our cabin. But our time will come :eek:

Did they check the bug's cruise card? If one is not found they'll have to put the stowaway off at the next port. Heaven help us if they find out it's booked in a suite or is Elite!

Thank you for the laugh :rolleyes:

A few years ago, something bit my foot while in the Crown Grill on the Caribbean Princess. I felt the sting and later had an itchy red mark. I did not consider it an issue, after all how many passengers were trudging through jungles including us. Unless they spray us down with a power wash before we get back on board, I don't see how it could be completely prevented!

Thank god you had the picture.

Without it, you would have been subjected to full cheerleader

wrath here.

I've been a member for awhile, I came prepared with proof!

No more unwelcome visitors today, thank goodness! I'm glad we don't have crickets or bees on the ship!

I Googled palmetto bugs, it's a common name for a variety of roaches in the US. Yuck..

Ok, recent experience here - not roaches though. We had a premium mini on the Royal back in February and while there were no bugs in the cabin, there were bugs on the wooden patio furniture. We both got tiny bites. Thought at first it was sand fleas which are commonly brought back with beach towers but on further examination I could see some tiny little red bugs on the wooden chairs and side tables. I pointed it out to my room steward who quickly took the them away and had them treated. I don't know what they were but they were there before we boarded as we discovered it the next day.

Unfortunately we had an issue with "bug". We took a Carnival cruise this past January. It was very late at night and I was about to get into bed when I saw a tiny bug. My dh got a tissue and we squished it. We were not sure what to do but we called Guest Services. They sent someone up and we showed our "evidence". They moved us to another cabin for the night so they could "sanitize" the room. The next morning our room was totally taken apart. The cabin steward said they did not find any other bugs (yeah!). That evening while I was in the cabin and my dh was at the piano bar I got a phone call from Guest Services. They apologized for our inconvenience and said we would get a 50% refund of our cruise fare. WOW! I thanked him and said that much really wasn't necessary but he said they did not want us to have " a bad taste in our mouth of our cruise". I ran to tell my husband. We checked with Guest Services to make sure I heard correctly!! We got 50% back EACH in OBC which could be cashed out.

I was really impressed how they handled it.

Has this, or anything like it, happened to any of you?

I haven't, but I heard someone a few cabins down yelling at the steward about a roach. It was the first day, so I suspect the critter stowed away on someone's luggage. Had there been an infestation, I suspect I would have found a few "friends" in my cabin too.

I've been a member for awhile, I came prepared with proof!

No more unwelcome visitors today, thank goodness! I'm glad we don't have crickets or bees on the ship!

I Googled palmetto bugs, it's a common name for a variety of roaches in the US. Yuck..

Some of the Palmetto bugs fly. I had one fly over my heard while opening my door when I live in Fl. Then it fly on to a ceiling fan, and then it came in contact with my DH. It had a toilet bowl burial.