Gratuities?

deercottage

Received 2 brochures from Oceania yesterday and one thing I found missing was gratuities included in the price. In the past it was always offered as included. Do I miss something? We had it always included on our cruises.

Any thoughts?

They did/do have specials that have gratuities included as a perk

Usually PPG are not included for Oceania

Your TA may also included them as an incentive program

shop around

I believe it was part of the first round of O life promotions, but not part of the current one. It was probably changed due to all the double dipping by Silver & higher.

We found that it was normally given in the past but not now, the O life promotion has come in.

This was given by Oceania in the UK but not sure in other countries, we have never had it from our TA's in the UK on bookings we have done.

I believe it was part of the first round of O life promotions, but not part of the current one. It was probably changed due to all the double dipping by Silver & higher.

Then Oceania should not offer PPG to the masses only to those Silver & above then no double dipping involved ;)

What are the gratuities right now?

• For guests occupying staterooms, gratuities of $16.00 per guest, per day will be added.
  • For guests occupying Penthouse, Oceania, Vista or Owner's Suites where Butler Service is provided, gratuities of $23.00 per guest, per day will be added.
  • In addition, an 18% service gratuity is automatically added to all beverage purchases, spa services and dinner at La Reserve. Naturally, guests may adjust gratuities while on board the vessel at their sole discretion.

I'm checking out what we have. Bear in mind we are Silver on Oceania which could be a factor.

On our October '16 cruise on Sirena we have prepaid gratuities from Oceania, but this was an oLife benefit and we booked in March 2015.

Our June '16 cruise also has oLife with free gratuities. We originally booked a PH but they just bribed us to take a downgrade to a B2, but we still have the free gratuities. (Well, Oceania saves on that ...) This was booked on January 29th, just after final pay-up date.

We also are booked in April 2017 on Marina, Miami to Lisbon. This cruise was booked in January and again we have prepaid gratuities through oLife.

I think that in the past we have had PPG either because we are silver OR because our TA provided the benefit. But with oLife -- when we booked -- these were included.

What we would get if we booked today, I have no clue.

Mura

I will be on my first Oceania cruise this summer. Our package did not include gratuities, it did include unlimited internet. When I got my blue book I noticed that unlimited internet was valued higher than gratuity.

I contacted my TA and asked if they would contact Oceania to request swapping out our internet for gratuity. She emailed me back that she was able to keep the internet AND have the gratuity tossed in as well.

You never know what you may get and it doesn't hurt to ask.

(as a side note, we are booked on an inside guarantee, so cheapest room in the house so I don't think room or cat level maters)

Edited by Playalover

If you book through a volume O agent, and are seeking a good on board credit and Gratuities ... then ask if the cruise you desire is or could be made what is called a group. By group, I mean the agent goes to O and requests he be allowed to create a "group", for that sailing that he will sell.

When O gives him the ok... and will give him extra perks like higher OBC and prepaid gratuities that the agent can offer to his"group"

Many times I have booked a cruise and in find that there is presently not a "group " for my desired cruise. The agent then will start one and boom...he already shows O he is getting bookings. Then I and future passengers will get the extra perks.

So, inquire with your agent is their a group you can join or he can form to get you extra benefits. It is a good way to leverage O and get extras...

It has always worked and I have used the same agent for many years... it never fails, and he never fails.