Regal mattress question for inside cabins.

Jetswdo

We were the last couple of years on the Royal and the Coral. Balcony and mini suite. The beds were just fine on both. We will be on the Regal for New England cruise, and for this sailing we just booked an inside cabin- (first for us, trip is so port intensive, that we just didn't want to pay for a balcony that we really won't need)

Anyway, years ago when we were on the Sapphire and the Island, I had a back ache for around a month after cruising- the mattresses were so thin and hard, like I would imagine a prison cot!

Any way, I can borrow from my mom who lives in NY an air mattress- to bring on board, but I really don't want to be bothered. The mattresses on the Regal wouldn't be more than a few years old- Would the mattresses be of similar quality to that of at least a Holiday Inn? Are the cheapest quality mattresses used for inside cabins? Are the mattresses reasonably thick?

I've sailed the Royal and the Regal, side-facing inside cabins. The mattresses are fantastic! Prior to the Royal class ships I hated the mattresses on Princess (not enough to change lines, of course), but the Regal is so comfortable, I don't want to get up, and frequently nap during the day.

Of course, that being said, mattresses are a personal preference. I have a bad back and at home I use a number bed. I find it very comfortable, but my daughter hates it and says it hurts her back.

Maureen

My friend stayed in mini suites & inside cabins on the Royal Princess he said the mattresses are the same.

Tony

In my experience, the mini suite mattresses are nicer.

They are a regular queen size mattress, while in an

inside they are two twins pushed together.

Go to a mattress store, and they will have 100+ styles.

If princess picks one, the people who would have picked

the other 99 will complain here.

We were the last couple of years on the Royal and the Coral. Balcony and mini suite. The beds were just fine on both. We will be on the Regal for New England cruise, and for this sailing we just booked an inside cabin- (first for us, trip is so port intensive, that we just didn't want to pay for a balcony that we really won't need)

Anyway, years ago when we were on the Sapphire and the Island, I had a back ache for around a month after cruising- the mattresses were so thin and hard, like I would imagine a prison cot!

Any way, I can borrow from my mom who lives in NY an air mattress- to bring on board, but I really don't want to be bothered. The mattresses on the Regal wouldn't be more than a few years old- Would the mattresses be of similar quality to that of at least a Holiday Inn? Are the cheapest quality mattresses used for inside cabins? Are the mattresses reasonably thick?

On our Feb.B2B we found the mattress to be fine. The bath towels, however were horrible!

The need to have a towel package. We would pay extra for towels that

were better than then dollar store. We are thinking of bringing our own

for the next cruise. We will bring a couple of sets of towels and wash

them in the laundry. We are lucky to have three cases each for flights,

so this shouldn't be a problem.

In my experience, the mini suite mattresses are nicer.

They are a regular queen size mattress, while in an

inside they are two twins pushed together.

Go to a mattress store, and they will have 100+ styles.

If princess picks one, the people who would have picked

the other 99 will complain here.

One may be bigger then the other but the quality is the same.

Tony

I definitely do not have the cruise history of most people on this forum, only three cruises. But for my first cruise, this forum gave rave reviews of Princess. Which is mostly why we chose Princess to cruise with. Nowadays, according to reviews here, the food and menu choices have really deteriorated, the onboard necessary amenities such as shower soap and shampoo have been replaced with products that cause many to prefer to bring their own. Pathetic, but I could handle tossing a bar of soap and bottle of shampoo into my suitcase, but darned if I will lug my own towels! Has the line gone that far downhill? What a sad end if they have. Surely people will have just cause to look elsewhere for a nice vacation.

I definitely do not have the cruise history of most people on this forum, only three cruises. But for my first cruise, this forum gave rave reviews of Princess. Which is mostly why we chose Princess to cruise with. Nowadays, according to reviews here, the food and menu choices have really deteriorated, the onboard necessary amenities such as shower soap and shampoo have been replaced with products that cause many to prefer to bring their own. Pathetic, but I could handle tossing a bar of soap and bottle of shampoo into my suitcase, but darned if I will lug my own towels! Has the line gone that far downhill? What a sad end if they have. Surely people will have just cause to look elsewhere for a nice vacation.

The worst towels I had were on Disney. Could see through them. That being said, the only nice towels I had were on Regent. All others (including Princess) were thin, at best.

Again, we were just fine on mattress on balcony cabin on the Royal. It sounds then, that the mattresses are at least good quality, for an inside cabin, the same as in balcony or mini suite cabins on the Regal.

Then I won't bother taking on board an air mattress (I'd feel real idiotic, but I would have done it if the inside cabin beds were really bad.) I can manage in any bed that isn't hard as a rock or ridiculously soft-- never had a problem in any hotel, from motel 6 to Hyatt's etc. Just years ago on Island and Sapphire, it was that awful.

I can't believe that Princess got real cheap with their towels! Truthfully, I don't remember the towels being bad on the Royal 2 or 3 years ago, at least not enough that I would have thought about it. I'll post my opinion regarding towels and the mattress when I come back from the Regal cruise. Thanks again to all the replies. Anita

I was on the Regal, 25 days mid-April to mid-May, inside cabin and everything was fine!

The mattress was firm but to me not overly hard. I was having hip issues due to all the walking over cobble stone streets, but the bed was not a problem. I woke up feeling fine but once I did the walking on uneven streets, not so much.

I don't get the towel issues, I thought they were o.k.! Not top end hotel fine, but dried me enough, then I put the robe on and all would be well! :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one who noticed how crappy the bath towels are. The worst of any line I've been on!

The worst towels I had were on Disney. Could see through them. That being said, the only nice towels I had were on Regent. All others (including Princess) were thin, at best.

I liked the towels on Cunard/Celebrity. Just thought the ones on the Regal were too small & very rough! The mattress was fine.