Vroom

Just researching. Which is worth getting the stream or reg. Sorry but can't be with out email all week. Now how does it work do u pick a phone or table when you get in ship. Mi was going to order on line with a 30 percent discount

Just researching. Which is worth getting the stream or reg. Sorry but can't be with out email all week. Now how does it work do u pick a phone or table when you get in ship. Mi was going to order on line with a 30 percent discount

For email, regular surf only is fine.

If you purchase pre-cruise, you will get an access code when you check-in at the cruise terminal. You can use that access code on any number of different devices, but only one can be logged in at any given time.

For email, regular surf only is fine.

If you purchase pre-cruise, you will get an access code when you check-in at the cruise terminal. You can use that access code on any number of different devices, but only one can be logged in at any given time.

That's interesting, I thought you had to register 1 device and the login was then only allowed from that 1 device? I thought it maybe looked at the MAC address?

So can anyone confirm that you can pay for 1 Vroom and log in with different devices as long as only 1 is logged on at any one time?

That's interesting, I thought you had to register 1 device and the login was then only allowed from that 1 device? I thought it maybe looked at the MAC address?

So can anyone confirm that you can pay for 1 Vroom and log in with different devices as long as only 1 is logged on at any one time?

I can confirm it, I've done it several times.

So can anyone confirm that you can pay for 1 VOOM and log in with different devices as long as only 1 is logged on at any one time?

When you log in with the second device and have a one device package, it logs off the first device. You can have many devices as you want, but only one at time online.

When you log in with the second device and have a one device package, it logs off the first device. You can have many devices as you want, but only one at time online.

Maybe this has changed, but it did not work this way on Brilliance and Vision.

When I tried to log in more devices than the package allowed, it just put up a diagnostic message saying I had already reached the maximum number of devices. I had to turn on the laptop and go to logoff.com to have it immediately log off instead of waiting for inactivity timeout to take effect.

When I tried to log in more devices than the package allowed, it just put up a diagnostic message saying I had already reached the maximum number of devices. I had to turn on the laptop and go to logoff.com to have it immediately log off instead of waiting for inactivity timeout to take effect.

Maybe it's a PC/laptop limit (or how a PC/laptop works), but on Rhapsody last week, we had 3 mobile devices and we just logged on and noticed the last device used was logged off - never received any messages about a limit.

Maybe it's a PC/laptop limit (or how a PC/laptop works), but on Rhapsody last week, we had 3 mobile devices and we just logged on and noticed the last device used was logged off - never received any messages about a limit.

We had the same behavior (had to use logoff.com) with my wife's iPhone. Sounds like different versions of the authentication package.

Edited by clarea

Ok but what is the difference in the two packages. If we may want social media. Pictures. Maybe FaceTime email. M which should we do

Any kind of video streaming (Netflix, Facetime, etc.) would require the Surf & Stream package.

Can you do texting with Voom?

Sorry I meant can you do texting with Vroom?

You were right the first time. The others are misspelling it. It's VOOM.

You can text if you have a texting app that works over wifi. iPhone to iPhone, where both have wifi, works, for example. WhatsApp works.

Hm. That's not how it worked on Allure two weeks ago. When one of us was on, and the other logged in, it would log the first one out when we refreshed whatever page we were on. It wouldn't give us a warning or anything, it would just take us back to the login page.

Hm. That's not how it worked on Allure two weeks ago. When one of us was on, and the other logged in, it would log the first one out when we refreshed whatever page we were on. It wouldn't give us a warning or anything, it would just take us back to the login page.

Bob & Celisse, we experienced both ways. The error message was on Oasis, while the "kick off" was on Allure. Bob, I think you are right that there must be a different way on different ships.

To the OP:

We only got surf on Allure,and were able to Skype, WhatsApp, Facebook, and even watch some short commercials on one of our gaming apps. It was cheaper to buy before the cruise.

Was hoping it would work this way, seems like it would be much easier. Although I guess if you were sharing one logon with other(s) it would be a pain if they bumped you off.

Was hoping it would work this way, seems like it would be much easier. Although I guess if you were sharing one logon with other(s) it would be a pain if they bumped you off.

That's what happened last year, I think it was on Liberty. My wife and I were sharing a two-device package, and kept knocking each other off when we had forgotten to logoff on some other device. I like the error message method much better.

That's what happened last year, I think it was on Liberty. My wife and I were sharing a two-device package, and kept knocking each other off when we had forgotten to logoff on some other device. I like the error message method much better.

Yeah, for multiple users that would be better, but I will be solo and just switching devices so the "bump off" would make it easy for me.