When/How are Gratuities Posted to Onboard Account?

It takes a few days for them to catch up posting charges. Boarding day has a lot of people upgrading beverage packages, booking speciality dinners, shore excursions, plus Info on OBC from TAs is transmitted to the ship from Miami until boarding day. By about day 4 -5your account should be up to date.

It takes a few days for them to catch up posting charges. Boarding day has a lot of people upgrading beverage packages, booking speciality dinners, shore excursions, plus Info on OBC from TAs is transmitted to the ship from Miami until boarding day. By about day 4 -5your account should be up to date.

It will be posted on your account on a daily basis, once they start putting it up.

Yes..all charges simply accrue until the end of the cruise....too much trouble to do it every time a charge is posted! You know how much your tips will be...simply keep that figure in mind! You can't specify WHAT the OBC will be used for....it's simply a credit against any charges!

Edited by cb at sea

This is the first time we're sailing without having prepaid gratuities. It's Day 3 and I haven't seen any charges posted to our folio for tips. I want to make sure we're budgeting OBC correctly--will the whole charge come off at the end?

It should be posted daily.

All the OBC was credited by the first morning!

Our wifi package was debited right away, on embarkation day, and the OBC (all of it, miraculously) was credited by the next morning. No gratuities have been debited yet, but I'll just do my own math & await the update in the next day or two. I expected the charges to be posted daily, but I understand things can take time.