On Celebrity Infinity in Alaska NOW

Phxazzcruisers

We are also on this very same cruise as Photosg and are in the Penthouse. I will echo many of the previous comments they made. We have thoroughly enjoyed Luminae, we always do. We are on board with two very good friends and they dine with us in Luminae. The service charge for non suite guests dropped to $30.00 pp, which is a great deal. Our waiter is Felix and he is GREAT.

The glacier was incredible, this is our 4th time to Alaska, and the Captain did a great job of positioning us closer than we have ever been before. As Photosg said, we were the closest allowed by law and stayed longer than originally scheduled.

We had a great dinner with the Captain one night in Tuscan Grill. With Luminae being one of our favorite restaurants, we usually do not dine in the other specialty restaurants, but did thoroughly enjoy Tuscan Grill and will be taking our friends there tonight after a great day in Juneau.

The weather started out great, but as expected, it is getting rainier and colder each day. We did have a great hour at the glacier when the sun came out, but today Juneau is cloudy, rainy and cold. Not an issue, it is what we expected for Alaska in early June. Our last cruises here were always in August when the weather is much warmer.

Again, we are having a fabulous cruise aboard the beautiful Celebrity Infinity. If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer. The internet has been relatively good, and being on an unlimited package makes it very easy to use.

Have a great day all from Alaska

We are also on this very same cruise as Photosg and are in the Penthouse. I will echo many of the previous comments they made.

Seems you are enjoying and that is great.

Wondering if you could answer the following for me in respect of who is presently on board.......Captain, Staff Captain, Hotel Director, Guest Relations Manager, Captain's Club Host.

Would really appreciate any info you can provide.

How's the weather forecast?

Thanks and continue to enjoy.

We are also on this very same cruise as Photosg and are in the Penthouse. I will echo many of the previous comments they made.

Seems you are enjoying and that is great.

Wondering if you could answer the following for me in respect of who is presently on board.......Captain, Staff Captain, Hotel Director, Guest Relations Manager, Captain's Club Host.

Would really appreciate any info you can provide.

How's the weather forecast?

Thanks and continue to enjoy.

Captain is Yannis Berdos

CC Host is Alexandra Fataccioli

Michael's Clun Host is Erick Guzman

Gabriela Wallenberg is Asst Chief Housekeeper

Sorry, met the others, but cannot remember their names and we did not get the sheet with their names and pictures yet.

Weather forecast is rainy and cool

Hope this helps

Captain is Yannis Berdos

CC Host is Alexandra Fataccioli

Michael's Clun Host is Erick Guzman

Gabriela Wallenberg is Asst Chief Housekeeper

Sorry, met the others, but cannot remember their names and we did not get the sheet with their names and pictures yet.

Weather forecast is rainy and cool

Hope this helps

Thanks for the prompt response. During your stay if you happen to have a moment to fill in the "blanks" it would be greatly appreciated.

Hope the weather improves for you.

I will keep checking on those names. Actually we are from Phoenix where the temps are to reach 115 this weekend, so this is actually beautiful :-)

Glad you are so optimistic!!!

Again thanks for your help.

Hi glad ur enjoying ur cruise! Had a question! On the dailies what theme parties did celebrity have? ? Like an 80's night? I will be cruising in the July 10 sailing so was just wondering ! Thanks ! Sorry that it was raining!

Hi glad ur enjoying ur cruise! Had a question! On the dailies what theme parties did celebrity have? ? Like an 80's night? I will be cruising in the July 10 sailing so was just wondering ! Thanks ! Sorry that it was raining!

They had many usually starting at 10:30. There was, so far a 60's night, Evening Chic Jukebox, Big Bank and dancing with the Officers, Pop and Rock Night. We did not attend any, it is not our thing, but they had plenty to offer for those who enjoy it.

Thinking of trying Celebrity to Alaska later this year. I do enjoy evening entertainment and was wondering what kinds of entertainment Celebrity offers. Thank you.

There is a nightly show every night at 7:00 and 9:00 and theme parties at about 10:30. The nightly shows were a comedian, and then mostly singers and dancers in the other shows. They were pretty good

Thank you for the response. I've not been on Celebrity, DH and I thought it would be a good time to check out this line. Do they have anytime dining or is the dining strictly scheduled traditional dining? Thanks for the great posts.

There is a nightly show every night at 7:00 and 9:00 and theme parties at about 10:30. The nightly shows were a comedian, and then mostly singers and dancers in the other shows. They were pretty good

Thank you for the response. I've not been on Celebrity, DH and I thought it would be a good time to check out this line. Do they have anytime dining or is the dining strictly scheduled traditional dining? Thanks for the great posts.

Yes, they have anytime dining in the MDR. Depending on your room type, Aqua Class, or Suite you would also have a private separate dining room that is anytime dining.

Thank you....This looks like the new cruise line to try. We have done DCL, Princess and NCL and want to try another line. Your responses make me want to give Celebrity a try.

We tend to enjoy our balcony and tend to enjoy the quiet. I do enjoy some entertainment so it is good to know that there is something for everybody.

Thank you ! I hope they will have similar party night when I go in July! Can u ask the cruise director if they have the same party themes on each alaska cruise or do they change it for each cruise! Thanks so much ! When I was on NCL last year they had 50's and 60's night, 80's night !

Thank you ! I hope they will have similar party night when I go in July! Can u ask the cruise director if they have the same party themes on each alaska cruise or do they change it for each cruise! Thanks so much ! When I was on NCL last year they had 50's and 60's night, 80's night !

They will have the same theme parties. We still have two more to go. You will enjoy !!

They will have the same theme parties. We still have two more to go. You will enjoy !!

I just read about the accident at Ketchikan with the dock. Any updates on that? Will they be able to dock there in the coming weeks. I saw the video on youtube not good :eek:

I just read about the accident at Ketchikan with the dock. Any updates on that? Will they be able to dock there in the coming weeks. I saw the video on youtube not good :eek:

Am not on Infinity but from reading an article in the Ketchikan newspaper, the damage to the cruise pier is approximately $2-$3 million and the cruise pier is expected to be out of action for approximately one to two months, any ships expected to dock on that pier will now have to tender if there isn't an alternative berth available.

So I saw the video also! Yikes! Glad no one was hurt and hope the ship is sailable! Just talked to celebrity cruises and they weren't aware of the crash! Until I asked and they consulted and did confirm but their were no changes as of yet! Current cruisers on Infinity hope all ok! Can u give us an update?!! Thanks!

Am not on Infinity but from reading an article in the Ketchikan newspaper, the damage to the cruise pier is approximately $2-$3 million and the cruise pier is expected to be out of action for approximately one to two months, any ships expected to dock on that pier will now have to tender if there isn't an alternative berth available.

I wonder if it will be the Celebrity ships that get lowest priority for a dock until it is fixed?

I wonder if it will be the Celebrity ships that get lowest priority for a dock until it is fixed?

Probably...sighs. We are boarding Infinity on Sunday guess we will find out next week 😕. Main thing is no one was injured on the dock or on the ship.

The Infinity is in port on a day when there are usually five ships in port, it will get an alternative dock as it arrives in the afternoon after other ships have sailed. One of the ships that is there in the morning will have to tender which will likely be Norwegian as Holland America and Princess have priority over the docks due to their history in Alaska with the length of time they have been sailing there. Norwegian Pearl will likely only get a berth if they are able to have the berth that Seven Seas Mariner uses and make them tender instead on alternative weeks. Millennium will have a berth on Wednesday's when it is there as there are only two ships in port. On Sunday's when there are three ships in port, Solstice will have a berth as they can use berth 4 instead, on the other Sunday's when there are four ships in port, Celebrity may have to tender then. http://claalaska.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Ketchikan-KTN-2016.pdf

Looks like this will have a big impact on cruise ships visiting Ketchikan due to the loss of a cruise pier. I believe that Celebrity could have either used a tug for assistance with docking due to the wind conditions or just skipped the port and spent a day at sea. It may have annoyed. A few passengers but it would have probably been the safest option