On Celebrity Infinity in Alaska NOW

Phxazzcruisers

Probably...sighs. We are boarding Infinity on Sunday guess we will find out next week 😕. Main thing is no one was injured on the dock or on the ship.

Try and keep us all posted barcarres :\ this just really stinks! YES totally happy no one was hurt that is the main thing. To miss a major stop on our 7 day cruise now that is going to put a damper on things.

As far as contacting celebrity about ANYTHING I called 3 different times with the same question and got 3 different answers. Now that is unacceptable. So I'm not surprised they had no clue this had happened to one of their ships because they are probably a main calling service for all their ships. Some of these operators do need some more training when answering important questions that require correct answers for plans on the day you depart.

Fingers crossed people!

Captain is Yannis Berdos

CC Host is Alexandra Fataccioli

Michael's Clun Host is Erick Guzman

Gabriela Wallenberg is Asst Chief Housekeeper

Sorry, met the others, but cannot remember their names and we did not get the sheet with their names and pictures yet.

Weather forecast is rainy and cool

Hope this helps

Here are the officers and key staff as of May 11th when I disembarked in San Diego.

Celebrity Infinity - current officers and staff:

Captain is Yannis Berdos.

Staff Captain is Xenakis Damianos.

Chief Engineer is Iaannis Nionakis.

Cruise Director is Sara Romera.

Guest Relations Manager is Ana Hura.

Hotel Director is Jan Willem Kuipers.

Food & Beverage Director is Sheldon C Martin.

Executive Chef is Victor Mancilla.

Michael's Club Concierge is Erick Guzman

Captain's Club Hostess is Alexandra Fataccioli

No short blasts. It all happened too fast.

Everyone on board was safe and sound and we used a different doc and disembarked at 5:30 to see the town and stayed an extra 2 1/2 hours. Ship is fine, dock, not so much

Humm......with no shorts blasts, I can see the ambulance chasing lawyers having a field day with this in some fashion.

5 short blasts would take say 10 seconds? The video posted showing the ship out of control is longer than 10 seconds.

Not saying it is right, just saying someone could end up claiming to have a sore neck or something.

Humm......with no shorts blasts, I can see the ambulance chasing lawyers having a field day with this in some fashion.

5 short blasts would take say 10 seconds? The video posted showing the ship out of control is longer than 10 seconds.

Not saying it is right, just saying someone could end up claiming to have a sore neck or something.

The impact on the ship was not that strong.......

Yep. Somewhere on these boards someone even posted a picture that clearly showed damage to the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well I hope they don't skip a port because of the broken dock! I will be sailing on July 10 th cruise! Maybe they could change the port to Skagway instead of Ketchikan! As previous post added that calling celebrity was kind of funny! They had know idea about the crash and they kept asking oh what is ur reservation, why haven't u booked excursions! Etc when calling about the crash! Then they put me on hold and confirmed that it did happen! Kind of got the feeling I made it up! Seriously! They need to communicate more but they are based in Florida so maybe they didn't get the memo! You think they would have all the info about all their ships all the time especially one that crashed into the dock! I know it's minor and no one got hurt but a big inconvenience for passengers! Atleast it was just a dock and not another ship or iceberg!

Here are the officers and key staff as of May 11th when I disembarked in San Diego.

Celebrity Infinity - current officers and staff:

Captain is Yannis Berdos.

Staff Captain is Xenakis Damianos.

Chief Engineer is Iaannis Nionakis.

Cruise Director is Sara Romera.

Guest Relations Manager is Ana Hura.

Hotel Director is Jan Willem Kuipers.

Food & Beverage Director is Sheldon C Martin.

Executive Chef is Victor Mancilla.

Michael's Club Concierge is Erick Guzman

Captain's Club Hostess is Alexandra Fataccioli

Thanks!!

Well I hope they don't skip a port because of the broken dock! I will be sailing on July 10 th cruise! Maybe they could change the port to Skagway instead of Ketchikan! As previous post added that calling celebrity was kind of funny! They had know idea about the crash and they kept asking oh what is ur reservation, why haven't u booked excursions! Etc when calling about the crash! Then they put me on hold and confirmed that it did happen! Kind of got the feeling I made it up! Seriously! They need to communicate more but they are based in Florida so maybe they didn't get the memo! You think they would have all the info about all their ships all the time especially one that crashed into the dock! I know it's minor and no one got hurt but a big inconvenience for passengers! Atleast it was just a dock and not another ship or iceberg!

They will not skip Ketchikan, there are till three other docks and if they have to they can anchor and tender into the port. Enjoy your cruise !! Ours was fantastic

I'm looking forward to my cruise in 35 days! I was just concerned about the dock breaking and how long it will be to get it fixed! Glad u had a great cruise! I'm looking forward to all these fancy restaurants! Did u happen to save ur dailies? Just curious what happened each day! If so can u scan and send them to me? Or post? I can give u my email if need be! Any tips from ur cruise? Which excursions did u do? Thanks again for all ur info! Carolyn

Sorry, did not save the Dailies this time. This is the 4th time we have done Alaska and did not take any excursions this time. Just rested, ate, drank and enjoyed being away from 118 in Phoenix. It is a great cruise. We would suggest a whale watching excursion in Juno. Friends we traveled with did it and got some great photos of whales breaching. We were able to eat in Luminae as we were in a Suite, but did eat twice in Tuscan Grill, once with the Captain. The food everywhere is excellent. I know you will enjoy your cruise

Sorry, did not save the Dailies this time. This is the 4th time we have done Alaska and did not take any excursions this time. Just rested, ate, drank and enjoyed being away from 118 in Phoenix. It is a great cruise. We would suggest a whale watching excursion in Juno. Friends we traveled with did it and got some great photos of whales breaching. We were able to eat in Luminae as we were in a Suite, but did eat twice in Tuscan Grill, once with the Captain. The food everywhere is excellent. I know you will enjoy your cruise

Thanks for all of your updates phxazzcruisers. We appreciate it. Continue to enjoy your cruise !

Probably...sighs. We are boarding Infinity on Sunday guess we will find out next week 😕. Main thing is no one was injured on the dock or on the ship.

Please let those of us with pending Infinity Alaskan cruises know how your cruise was. Thanks!

Please let those of us with pending Infinity Alaskan cruises know how your cruise was. Thanks!

Just heading home now through the Inside Passage. Yesterday at Ketchikan was textbook perfect. They are busy working on the dock. We sailed in as two ships sailed out. One other HAL ship was docked. Lovely day for everyone.

Joanne

How are you

I am travelling for the first time Aug 21 2016 to Alaska. Any clothing and packing tips

I booked the helicopter dog sled in juneau, and the whales in icy straits. Have you done those, are they worth the $$$$$.

thanks

• 3 weeks later...
We are also on this very same cruise as Photosg and are in the Penthouse. I will echo many of the previous comments they made. We have thoroughly enjoyed Luminae, we always do. We are on board with two very good friends and they dine with us in Luminae. The service charge for non suite guests dropped to $30.00 pp, which is a great deal. Our waiter is Felix and he is GREAT.

The glacier was incredible, this is our 4th time to Alaska, and the Captain did a great job of positioning us closer than we have ever been before. As Photosg said, we were the closest allowed by law and stayed longer than originally scheduled.

We had a great dinner with the Captain one night in Tuscan Grill. With Luminae being one of our favorite restaurants, we usually do not dine in the other specialty restaurants, but did thoroughly enjoy Tuscan Grill and will be taking our friends there tonight after a great day in Juneau.

The weather started out great, but as expected, it is getting rainier and colder each day. We did have a great hour at the glacier when the sun came out, but today Juneau is cloudy, rainy and cold. Not an issue, it is what we expected for Alaska in early June. Our last cruises here were always in August when the weather is much warmer.

Again, we are having a fabulous cruise aboard the beautiful Celebrity Infinity. If anyone has any questions, I will do my best to answer. The internet has been relatively good, and being on an unlimited package makes it very easy to use.

Have a great day all from Alaska

Will be on July 31 Infinity Alaska cruise, our first cruise ever. Can a couple bring a wine bottle each on board? We like a bottle of wine at dinner. Are bottle packages available? Thanks

You may bring on 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. There are bottle packages available. Here is the link

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/onboard-beverage-packages?page name=onboard_beverage_packages_overview#onboard_beverage_packages_wine_tab/onboard/asrPanel?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages_wine&ComponentTypeId=13&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD

They do have a decent selection of wine by the glass, especially in Cellar Masters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are booked in September. For Hubbard's Glacier, can you get a good view from your balcony? We are on the port side, if that matters. Are there any secret places you can use to view it that isn't completely crowded?

Will be on July 31 Infinity Alaska cruise, our first cruise ever. Can a couple bring a wine bottle each on board? We like a bottle of wine at dinner. Are bottle packages available? Thanks

There is a $25 corkage fee when using your own wine in the MDR.

We are booked in September. For Hubbard's Glacier, can you get a good view from your balcony? We are on the port side, if that matters. Are there any secret places you can use to view it that isn't completely crowded?

The captain does a complete turn of the ship so yes, you can see the glacier from your balcony. However depending on your room, you amy want to see it from the helipad or from an open deck for a better view. We were lucky to be in the penthouse, which is half of the back of the ship, so we got to see it all from our great balcony. Enjoy, it is special and beautiful