Opinions, please! Inexpensive Fort Lauderdale hotel.

nanners

Go a little north to Lauderdale by the Sea. U can uber from the airport there. You do not need a car as it is a little village with great little restaurants and a scenic pier. Federal Highway is not pretty. This is beautiful. I wd stay at the Coral Key Inn - not a chain - little Mom & Pop place that is very clean with good rates that looks across to the little park and is on the ocean. This part of the beach is beautiful. Google map it and u will see what a great location it is. If u drive, parking is free there as well. We stayed at this little motel for many years before we bought our condo. We also stayed at the fancy chains on the beach and for your money, this is the place!

When are you cruising in Feb 2017?

I have a $239.00 rate at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina for Feb 6-14' date=' 2017.

Here is my email: [email']jetter4h@gvtc.com[/email]

I am traveling with a group and we have a group rate at the hotel. Sailing on Feb 12, but our group hotel rates are for 6-14 Feb.

Boo's Mom, thanks for the offer, but our dates are for February 1 - 3. Have a great time on your cruise!

We need two rooms for the 10th. If anyone sees a good deal let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reading back I presume you are talking about February 10, 2017. In order to give you realistic suggestions, you need to define 'good deal' plus any other requirements.

Have you looked at http://www.sunny.org yet? That is the official Fort Lauderdale tourist website and has lots of lodging info and a section on pre and post cruise visits.

We like the La Quinta, Hollywood, Florida, for a pre-cruise stay. They have a shuttle from FLL to the hotel and a low cost shuttle from the hotel to the cruise ship. Breakfast is included. It's also within walking distance of a huge shopping center with restaurant's and other shops. The per night cost is very reasonable (about $130-150).

Oh thanks. No I haven't and I mean 2017 lol. Breakfast included $250

Would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

$250 per room or $250 for two rooms? If the former, check out Hyatt Place reserved through Value Trips at http://www.valuetrips.com at $219 per room. The LaQuinta recommended above looks to be around $190+ per room for February 10th. If the latter ($125 per room), that will be more challenging in February. Have you looked at the Clarion on Federal Highway recommended earlier in this thread?

Have a look at the Rodeway Inn and Suites, Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed there in June. Great rates (we paid around $100/night), they have long-term parking (for a fee), and provide a shuttle to the cruise port and back to the hotel when you return. Compared to some of the hotels people are listing here, it's definitely nothing fancy, but our room was clean and it provided everything we needed. It's only about a 10 minute drive to the cruise port.

Have a look at the Rodeway Inn and Suites, Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed there in June. Great rates (we paid around $100/night), they have long-term parking (for a fee), and provide a shuttle to the cruise port and back to the hotel when you return. Compared to some of the hotels people are listing here, it's definitely nothing fancy, but our room was clean and it provided everything we needed. It's only about a 10 minute drive to the cruise port.

On Rodeway's website, rooms for February 10, 2017 start around $200.

Regarding pricing, posters need to be cautioned that low season (May - mid-December) pricing in south Florida is always a fraction of high season pricing (Christmas - April) - sometimes 1/2 or even less. If you cannot provide a rate for the date(s) in question, citing a rate you received for a different month/different season isn't very helpful.

When researching hotels, in addition to doing a search on this board for reviews and comments, make sure you check out TripAdvisor.

On Rodeway's website, rooms for February 10, 2017 start around $200.

Regarding pricing, posters need to be cautioned that low season (May - mid-December) pricing in south Florida is always a fraction of high season pricing (Christmas - April) - sometimes 1/2 or even less. If you cannot provide a rate for the date(s) in question, citing a rate you received for a different month/different season isn't very helpful.

When researching hotels, in addition to doing a search on this board for reviews and comments, make sure you check out TripAdvisor.

I was simply offering the OP another option based on my recent experience. I included the link to the hotel's site so the OP could have a look for themselves and see if it's a place they'd be interested in. Since we're being frank here, whether we're helpful or not isn't up to you, it's up to the OP of the thread.

As someone who had never been to, or vacationed in, south FL before our trip to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise, I was not aware that peak and slow seasons were the opposite of what they are in every other location we've ever vacationed. That's why I cited the rate we paid. I thought it would give the OP a jumping off point. Again, I wasn't aware that hotels in south FL peak in the winter season and I certainly wasn't aware that a 3-star hotel would double their rates during peak season. So I thought the rate I paid would at least be close to what the OP could get.

Personally, I always start with TripAdvisor. But the OP was looking for options so I offered one.

I was simply offering the OP another option based on my recent experience. I included the link to the hotel's site so the OP could have a look for themselves and see if it's a place they'd be interested in. Since we're being frank here, whether we're helpful or not isn't up to you, it's up to the OP of the thread.

As someone who had never been to, or vacationed in, south FL before our trip to Ft. Lauderdale for a cruise, I was not aware that peak and slow seasons were the opposite of what they are in every other location we've ever vacationed. That's why I cited the rate we paid. I thought it would give the OP a jumping off point. Again, I wasn't aware that hotels in south FL peak in the winter season and I certainly wasn't aware that a 3-star hotel would double their rates during peak season. So I thought the rate I paid would at least be close to what the OP could get.

Personally, I always start with TripAdvisor. But the OP was looking for options so I offered one.

Please don't take offense because none was intended. Many folks who have never traveled to south Florida before or only visited in one season or the other have no reason to know about the price differentials between low and high season. Hence, periodically, someone (me, this time :D) provides a warning.

I've always wondered why the moderators don't include a sticky on the menu page with an advisory about the lodging price differentials according to the travel season.

We are cruising in Jan , flying into Ft Lauderdale day before. Flight doesn't get in until 10:30 pm. Hate spending so much $ on room to be there such a short time . Found an OK price( less than $200) on Clarion , but it's not pet free. Hubby doesn't want to stay in place that takes pets .

It's crazy how much prices go up in peak season !!

We are cruising in Jan , flying into Ft Lauderdale day before. Flight doesn't get in until 10:30 pm. Hate spending so much $ on room to be there such a short time . Found an OK price( less than $200) on Clarion , but it's not pet free. Hubby doesn't want to stay in place that takes pets .

It's crazy how much prices go up in peak season !!

Fort Lauderdale is FULL of people and their pets/comfort animals.

Stroll Las Olas on a Sunday and you'll see as many dogs as people.

Have a look at the Rodeway Inn and Suites, Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed there in June. Great rates (we paid around $100/night), they have long-term parking (for a fee), and provide a shuttle to the cruise port and back to the hotel when you return. Compared to some of the hotels people are listing here, it's definitely nothing fancy, but our room was clean and it provided everything we needed. It's only about a 10 minute drive to the cruise port.[/quote

as for the Rodeway inn Ft Lauderdale cruiseport;

I am seeing a rate of 148.00us dollars per night for their dates. That is still higher than OP would like, but as others say, that time of year it is hard to find rates under 200.00

My parents had a day room here in April, and said it was fine. Room was good, and restaurant next door, while it has had some negative reviews, they ate there, and said the food was good enough, and prices good. My parents are in their 80's and very fussy, so if they say it was ok, then I would say it is ok. They even said, that if they go on a cruise next year, they might even stay there pre cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
I am trying to find a clean, inexpensive hotel, $125 range. Will be going out of Fort Lauderdale, February 2017. Will be flying in two days ahead and no car. Does anyone know anything about the La Quinta or Clarion Inn on North Federal Highway?

Yes, I know, I want a Hilton on a Motel 6 price!

I appreciate any advice or opinions you can help me with.

Thanks!

What are your dates in Feb 2017?

I am traveling with a group. We have a $239.00 rate at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina. Rate is good for Feb 6 - 14, 2017.

I am trying to find a clean, inexpensive hotel, $125 range. Will be going out of Fort Lauderdale, February 2017. Will be flying in two days ahead and no car. Does anyone know anything about the La Quinta or Clarion Inn on North Federal Highway?

Yes, I know, I want a Hilton on a Motel 6 price!

I appreciate any advice or opinions you can help me with.

Thanks!

Check the price of the Hampton Inn-Plantation. They have both an airport shuttle and a port shuttle...complimentary. They are located within an easy walk to dozens of restaurants and two shopping malls.

Check the price of the Hampton Inn-Plantation. They have both an airport shuttle and a port shuttle...complimentary. They are located within an easy walk to dozens of restaurants and two shopping malls.

Thanks so much for mentioning this hotel !! We had Hilton Garden Inn cruise port for our Jan cruise . It was $265 before taxes . This was about $225 before taxes .Also HGI didn't include breakfast .

Thanks so much for mentioning this hotel !! We had Hilton Garden Inn cruise port for our Jan cruise . It was $265 before taxes . This was about $225 before taxes .Also HGI didn't include breakfast .

Is this hotel far from airport and cruise port. At the moment we are booked at Hyatt Pier 66 but I feel it's overpriced!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is this hotel far from airport and cruise port. At the moment we are booked at Hyatt Pier 66 but I feel it's overpriced!

If you are referring to the Hampton Inn, it is in Plantation - a nice suburb about 10 miles west of Fort Lauderdale. If you are just staying overnight with no intention of sightseeing it may be a good option because it includes airport to hotel and hotel to cruise port transportation. If you are there for a couple of nights (or more) you need to factor in the costs of transportation to/from Fort Lauderdale for sightseeing, etc.

I agree with cappricio. If you haven't been to Fort Lauderdale before, by staying in Plantation (altho nice), you aren't seeing the beach city. Just depends if you are satisfied staying in the suburbs. Or grabbing Uber or a cab to run back and forth into "the city". You obviously will pay more to be near the port,beach and action.

Personal choice dependent on your plans for the time.

Edited by eandj