Does RCI ever offer the alcoholic drink package as a perk

We are thinking about booking on the Liberty of the Sea and I was wondering if RCI ever offers the alcoholic drink package as a free perk for booking like Celebrity does.

I've only seen it offered on UK cruises and some transatlantic cruises.

The real question is why does it matter specifically if the package is a perk. They offer total price discounts all the time - if a package is valued at (costs pre cruise on planner) $250 and you get $300 off a cruise, why not just consider that the package as a perk and book it in cruise planner at time of booking?

Money being fungible is a wonderful thing :)

Offer on web site

BUY ONE ALL INCLUSIVE CRUISE FARE, GET ONE HALF PRICE

Enjoy a complimentary select drinks package for the first and second guest included in the price of holiday when you book a selected sailing by 4 July. We’ll even give you 50% off the cruise fare for the second guest on your booking, and 25% off the cruise fares for your 3rd and 4th guests!

Book before 4 July for sailings travelling between 1 Oct 2016 and 31 Dec 2017.

Last year we had purchased a premium package on Navigator. I purchased and paid for the drinks about 14 months before the cruise. (I know, I know, I was giving them 14 months use of my money for free.) However, when we checked in at the terminal, the person checking us in told us that we have been given a complimentary upgrade to the Ultimate package. (We are diamond and always stay in Grand suites and above; don't know if that made any difference. It didn't happened again on Adventure in March or Allure in May.)

We don't drink coffee, etc. So the only additional perk for us was fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning in Chops.

Last year we had purchased a premium package on Navigator. I purchased and paid for the drinks about 14 months before the cruise. (I know, I know, I was giving them 14 months use of my money for free.) However, when we checked in at the terminal, the person checking us in told us that we have been given a complimentary upgrade to the Ultimate package. (We are diamond and always stay in Grand suites and above; don't know if that made any difference. It didn't happened again on Adventure in March or Allure in May.)

We don't drink coffee, etc. So the only additional perk for us was fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning in Chops.

interesting. our Last Liberty cruise we did not have any drink package at all but always got the fresh squeezed OJ in Chops. (you did have to show your card for specialty coffee though)

as far as having the package being offered.. meh. I always get the OBC. while a drink package makes zero sense for us, I guess you could take that OBC and apply it toward one once on board. either way it's 'free' right?

We are thinking about booking on the Liberty of the Sea and I was wondering if RCI ever offers the alcoholic drink package as a free perk for booking like Celebrity does.

I saw it once a while ago. Celebrity's is not free but appears to be. They offer 1-2-3 but the cost of the cabin increases when you add the perk. It is more of a discounted drink package when the cabin price is higher.

Edited by iluvcruzin

We are from the UK. They are offering a free select package at the moment ( last year when we booked harmony for this July we got a free premium package). However it is correct that they normally put the price up to factor in the cost of the package. I scanned the price of a Baltic cruise for next year and when we booked there was no free package - a month later that offer came on but the base price of the cruise increased by £800.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We left the vision last week which was booked in January and for once the price wasn't inflated for the drinks pack so for what we drank we must have sailed nearly for free.

In comparison to our sept cruise where the price was inflated by about £400 each. So no thank you.

Completely off topic of OPs question - but Cosytoes, I noticed you are from Yorkshire Hull. My brother and I have been researching our ancestry, and we discovered our maternal grandmother and great-grandparents were from YH prior to their sailing to the U.S. in the very early 1900s.

Is the drink package being included such a great deal?

Out of curiosity I just ran some prices on a cruise out of Miami on the Navigator 31st March 2017.

On the USA RCCL website I can book a D3 - 6546 (pre selected) and the total cost , including the BOGO offer is $3071 (£2162)

The exact same stateroom on the UK website comes in at £2201 BUT it also includes a select drinks package ($42 /day x 9 = $378 x 2 = $756)

$700 less than the current US price?

Edited by PederLin