Senior Lady's Bathingsuit

I would suggest LL Bean and Lands End. I've bought from both and they are quality suits. If you can get one on sale that is great because they are expensive.

I second Land's End. Great quality and tons of choices.

Edited by Daisyloo

There are a few suits on Garnet Hill that I would think would be nice on a Senior lady. funny - I'm 62, but I am NOT in ANY way a Senior… When I hear "senior", I think someone in their 80s ;)

I am trying to help my mom find a really good bathingsuit. She is a size 2 or 4 and want something that will be proportionally well on top (she is a C) and covers the fanny really well. Any website and recommendations would be appreciated.

She might like one with a skirt. I have a cute one that I feel comfortable in when I am spending more time out of the water. It covers the top of the thigh and is very flattering.

th?&id=OIP.Mbe3306cddce285d4664bee1a71e3299eH0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

There are a few suits on Garnet Hill that I would think would be nice on a Senior lady. funny - I'm 62, but I am NOT in ANY way a Senior… When I hear "senior", I think someone in their 80s ;)

Definitely a relative term. Seems at each stage in our life, "old" is about 20 years older than we are.:)

My mother may be called a senior but she she is not. We go horseback riding, and does a variety of activities. I hope I am as fit as she is (late 70's) when I am that age. When I wrote my post I was thinking of a age appropriate swimsuit. Yes a skirt is a must and probably cover more of the chest area. Thank you all for the suggestions.

I am trying to help my mom find a really good bathingsuit. She is a size 2 or 4 and want something that will be proportionally well on top (she is a C) and covers the fanny really well. Any website and recommendations would be appreciated.

I would recommend a tankini - with swim shorts or swim skirt and a separate long top. She can get one pair of the swim shorts/skirt and more than one top to go with. It's much easier to use the restroom with a 2-piece than a 1-piece, and you get more variety.

Edited by Sandy Sails

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, tankini style is a good choice and Lands End is having a summer sale. Swim tee is an idea for a coverup that can be worn in water. Some women wear it just as a top, if you are a "C" on top, would probably want something underneath.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm 69 and get most of my swimsuits at either TJ Maxx or Marshalls. You can get designer suits there for a great price. I have two Michael Kors ones that I love. I don't wear swimsuits with skirts...it's just not my thing as I feel it ages you...but if you think your mom would be okay with that then there are lots of choices out there.

I recently came across this website that offers lots of choices and sizes.

It's swimsuitsforall.com.

I'm 69 and get most of my swimsuits at either TJ Maxx or Marshalls. You can get designer suits there for a great price. I have two Michael Kors ones that I love. I don't wear swimsuits with skirts...it's just not my thing as I feel it ages you...but if you think your mom would be okay with that then there are lots of choices out there.

Yes, swimsuitsforall.com is a fantastic website. I do water aerobics and have ordered many high top suits from them. It always pays off to do a search for coupon codes as well, sometimes I can get a suit for less than $30.

There are tons of suits now that have skirts that don't age you. There were several at JC Penney that were in junior sizes and were very cute. I have a tankini with a skirt and one with boy shorts.....and I am under 50