Gala Nights on Panama Canal Cruise

I'm trying to figure out how many Gala Nights there will be on our 11 Night Panama Canal Cruise on the Zeiderdam..

I figure there will be three Gala Nights or could there possibly be four?:confused:

Itinerary as follows:

Day 0 Board Ft. Lauderdale

Day 1 Half Moon Cay Time 0800 to 1430

Day 2 At Sea (Gala ?)

Day 3 Oranjestad Time: 1300 to 2300

Day 4 Willemstad Time: 0800 to 1700

Day 5 At Sea (Gala ?)

Day 6 Cartagena Time: 0700 to 1300

Day 7 Enter Panama Canal Cristobal Time: 0500

Day 7 Exit Canal Cristobal Time: 1300

Day 7 Colon Time: 1500 to 2000

Day 8 Puerto Limon Time: 0630 to 1600

Day 9 Day 10 At Sea (Gala?)

Day 10 At Sea

Day 11 Ft. Lauderdale

[/size] If anyone has done this itinerary previously, do you remember how many Gala nights there were? Our Friends asked this question & I figure that on 10 days there are normally three & on 14 days normally four but things have changed so drastically recently & I'm not sure any more..:confused:

LOL

:D

Thanks

Edited by serendipity1499

The only difference in the 10 and 11-day cruises appears is a stop at Cartegena on Day 6.

Our 2013 10-day to the Panama Canal had two Formal Nights: The sea day after HMC and the sea day after Puerto Limon.. My menu collection for the 11-day cruise has only two Formal Nights..

Of course historical info does not mean that future cruises will be the same.

Even though the gala nights still exist,the dress code is now downgraded to casual chic.From what I read,the majority of posters at the forums where this has happened (X and HAL),seem quite happy about this. Of course,there are still some who like to bring their fancy clothes and dress up.

The only difference in the 10 and 11-day cruises appears is a stop at Cartegena on Day 6.

Our 2013 10-day to the Panama Canal had two Formal Nights: The sea day after HMC and the sea day after Puerto Limon.. My menu collection for the 11-day cruise has only two Formal Nights..

Of course historical info does not mean that future cruises will be the same.

Same here on our Zuiderdam 11 day PC cruise.

OK thank you very much that would mean Gala Night is Day 2 & then again on Day 9..We'll be able to figure out how many Pinnacle Res we all want & make them in advance..

BTW I really don't care what others wear on Gala Nights..The only time we get to dress up living in Fla. is on Cruises & I'm not about to give up all my dress clothes although they will be toned down a bit.. ;):)

DH can make up his own mind about wearing a suit..

Thanks Again..

Even though the gala nights still exist,the dress code is now downgraded to casual chic.From what I read,the majority of posters at the forums where this has happened (X and HAL),seem quite happy about this. Of course,there are still some who like to bring their fancy clothes and dress up.[/QUOTE]

That's me Casper!! I have a closet full of nice dress clothes & want to wear them someplace.. A cruise is a perfect venue for me to wear them..:):)

• 3 months later...
Does anyone know how many gala nights will be on the 16 day Eurodam Panama Canal cruise. I think I read 3 someplace, but not sure where I saw or read it.

Thanks,

Mary

It will be on your express docs when you print them off but I suspect there would be three as you think ;)

Even though the gala nights still exist,the dress code is now downgraded to casual chic.From what I read,the majority of posters at the forums where this has happened (X and HAL),seem quite happy about this. Of course,there are still some who like to bring their fancy clothes and dress up.

I also noticed that casual smart is starting to be a norm than an exception.

Our 14-day Maasdam Alaska cruise (just off) was quite casual compared to days of yore. I think it was even more casual than the Caribbean and Canal cruises we made during the past year since the new relaxed codes on HAL and X (which I've embraced).

Since it was port-intensive and sometimes cool-drizzly, with rough seas a couple of days toward the end, I really was glad to not be compelled by tradition to dress up so much. Some men wore suits or jackets but not all wore neckties.

That said, passengers are not coming into the dining room inappropriately dressed at dinner and even lunch (didn't see sleeveless tanks on men, sloppy jeans, etc). Maybe due to the older demographic on a longer cruise.

For our cruise this summer, I emailed HAL and they told me how many and which nights we would have Gala nights. This was helpful since we were attending a formal wedding. For a 12 day cruise, we had 2 Gala nights, unfortunately they fell on other nights besides the wedding, so I brought 3 Gowns. I'm told Med cruises have guests who like to dress up, I was happily surprised this was the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SLOTheta