Hotel suggestions please

Sea and Me

We will be flying to Puerto Rico in Aug. as we are cruising on the Adventurer. We are looking for a hotel overnight. Has anyone any suggestions on where to stay? I appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

Carol

We will be flying to Puerto Rico in Aug. as we are cruising on the Adventurer. We are looking for a hotel overnight. Has anyone any suggestions on where to stay? I appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

Carol

The Marriott Stellaris is a beautiful property on the beach.

Many other ideas here in the San Juan forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131

We just stayed for our pre-cruise before boarding Adventure at the Sheraton Old San Juan...perfect location..you can walk to the Parrot Club for dinner and drinks...our favorite place in SJ...For one night better to be close into old town easier to walk about...:p:)

Edited by Ashland

Priceline a great hotel for terrific price, no pun intended! We regularly do this before or a cruise or whatever main city destination. Always find great savings and in top tier hotels as you can control the star level and area when bidding. Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What type of room did u have Clarea at the Stellaris Marriott in San Juan?

I don't recall the room type, but it was probably the least expensive I could get at the time.

Thanks,

Carol

For the essence and style of OSJ then look at El Convento. But for a modern twist consider La Concha, or with a mix of both styles then look at The Vanderbilt, all with sea views.

Would not consider any others, as it the start of a vacation, therefore it has to be a little special.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

For the essence and style of OSJ then look at El Convento. But for a modern twist consider La Concha, or with a mix of both styles then look at The Vanderbilt, all with sea views.

Would not consider any others, as it the start of a vacation, therefore it has to be a little special.

Those are probably on the high-side of the price range (over $200/night) of most CCers here, but they are nice hotels.

Those are probably on the high-side of the price range (over $200/night) of most CCers here, but they are nice hotels.

Friends have stayed at, and enjoyed, CasaBlanca being a fair price hotel for those looking for a stay with a lower price point. Good restaurants close by.

We stayed at The Verdanza in Isla Verde. Near the beach with many restaurants within walking distance. Also, several restaurants in hotel. Not as expensive as some of the other nice hotels. We would definitely go back there.