Disneyland, Orlando

kunash

Hi

Hope I can ask this on here. Soon I will be travelling to Orlando, from the UK, and will be visiting Magic Kingdom. I have booked a 2 day ticket with fast pass, and got the confirmation sent by email which I will have to take to a 'Will Call' centre, which is at Mk just after after security. ( i know there are other Will Call places but this is where I will go).

The Will Call place opens at 8am and the park opens at 9am. I am visiting on a Thursday In early August.

Does anyone please know what time the queue starts to get big for this place? If I turn up at 7.30am should I be ok?

Then onto Miami for a week, then hop onto the Oasis. thanks

Hi

Hope I can ask this on here. Soon I will be travelling to Orlando, from the UK, and will be visiting Magic Kingdom. I have booked a 2 day ticket with fast pass, and got the confirmation sent by email which I will have to take to a 'Will Call' centre, which is at Mk just after after security. ( i know there are other Will Call places but this is where I will go).

The Will Call place opens at 8am and the park opens at 9am. I am visiting on a Thursday In early August.

Does anyone please know what time the queue starts to get big for this place? If I turn up at 7.30am should I be ok?

You probably will not get a ton of information about this, just because these boards are primarily focused on Royal Caribbean, I would check out more of the Disney boards (not cruise based) to get more detailed information on this subject. With that being said, while I have never had to go to will-call, I am assuming will-call will be at the front gates of Magic Kingdom. Before you go through security, you will see four quaint booths on both your left and right, and they will be happy to assist you. I could be completely wrong on this, but we have picked up tickets here before as well.

Oh, and every pass includes fast pass! You may be referring to Park hopper which is a must for only 2 days! And you are going to Disney World! Make sure you enjoy some of the great meals there. California Grill is a must!

That should be fine, but you will be waiting around for an hour and a half. The worst queues are usually right around park opening but if you get there at 8:30 I doubt you will have to wait very long at Will Call. Once the gates open it shouldn't take long to get into the park.

Hi

The times for waits can vary, it hinges on how busy the park is at any given time. When you arrive if you drive, then you will be close enough to the entrance to walk which is great. If you are going to the Magic Kingdom then you will need to take either the ferry or the tram and it takes a bit of time to que and get on the tram. We always got there around 8ish and it was already busy. You need to have anything that you carry searched by security which takes some time once you arrive at the gates. You are only there for 2 days, so if you are prepared to be early I say go for it. There is a gift shop at the entrance that always appeared to be open along with washrooms. So if you are super early, you can do the Will Call, do a washroom stop and shop a bit and then head right into the park. We loooooooooove Disney World!!!!!

You can pick up a park map and schedule for the day's shows when you are waiting to get in. You can peruse this while you wait if you are early.

We always have a plan before hand, knowing which attractions are the busiest and that we will want to go to first. We walk as quickly as we can through main street and go directly to Pirates of the Caribbean, or the jungle cruise, or the Haunted Mansion etc. and do those first when there are few people in line or no line. It is a system that has worked very well for us. Then if we get on something that we have a fast pass for later, then we can do it twice if we want to.

Have a fabulous time!!!! If you have never been it is completely magical and I think it is even more fun as an adult:D

I will try to check back later to see if you have any more questions.

Dee

To make more efficient use of having only 2 days at Disney World, OP should consider pre-booking attraction times using Disney World's Fast Pass Ticket system. Even if only for the more popular ones . August is still peak season and attraction wait times can be long. Here's the link https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fastpass-plus/

Edited by xxoocruiser

7:30 is way too early to pick up tickets unless your son is staying on Disney Property which allows guests to enter MK @ 8am instead of 9am ,

The line for Will Call is not to be concerned about . It's the Bag Check Line that often exceeds all other entry lines.

Also it is Disney World , not Disneyland (Calif.)

In Orlando, you'll be visiting Walt Disney World, not Disneyland. :)

I suggest you download the My Disney Experience app, which is available on iPhone and Android.

Using the app you can get park maps, see wait times for attractions, and book Fastpass+ all from your phone. You can also make dining reservations and see what characters are out and about for photos. There is free WiFi all over Disney so you don't have to use your data plan to access the app.

For dining in MK, Be Our Guest is a MUST DO. Reservations book up 6 months in advance but if you get there earlyish, the standby line shouldn't be too long. These days I never see more than maybe 10-15 groups waiting in line during peak lunch times, for example.

Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) has lots of great shopping and dining, and it has been completely refurbished so lots of the stores are brand new.

Animal Kingdom also recently launched a lot of new night-time events. I haven't seen them yet but I have heard they are really great. I'm looking forward to a Disney trip some time in the fall so I can see all the new stuff. :)

Lastly, it will be HOTTTTT, so drink plenty of water (you can bring your own water bottle and then ask for cups of ice water at any of the little quick serve snack kiosks, and use that to fill up your water bottles for free. Also plan on bringing a rain poncho since it rains every day in the summer, but usually only for about an hour or so.

Google "DisBoards" for a WEALTH of knowledge from true Disney nerds.

Have fun on your Disney trip and on Oasis! :)

Hi

Take it from someone who basically grew up at Disney and has been there more times than most. You will not be able to "line up" that early. Gates do not open until park opening. However, I would suggest being there just before or right at park opening. You will most likely have a slight wait time, but nothing too bad or unmanageable. If I can give you some very good advice, once you get into the park, don't stop at the first attractions but go toward the back of the park and work your way to the front. You will have less lines and be able to map out your day so much better!

Enjoy your time...it is truly a very magical place.

Did you set up a My Disney Experience (MDE) profile? If you have a ticket number you might be able to link it to your MDE account and choose your 3 Fastpasses 60 days before you arrive. Ask your TA.

Are you staying on property?

I would probably aim to arrive at will call (if you need to get your tickets there) between 7:30am and 8am. It takes longer than you think to get anywhere because there is so much walking involved. They will open the park gates 5-10 minutes before the scheduled time and let you walk up to a rope at the different worlds (Tomorrowland, etc). At 9am they will let you proceed from there.

ps it will be Africa hot and rain every afternoon, so wear comfy shoes and dress appropriately. I find that quick dry clothing works best.

Edited by marci22

The line at Will Call hasn't been too bad. Disney is very efficient at getting people into the Park.

There are lockers available if you don't want to carry something.

If you go in without a backpack or anything you'll go through much faster.

Good advice by the previous poster to go to the back of the park first and work forward. Most of the crowd starts with the first attractions. Eat at off peak times. 11am or 2 or 3 pm will be much less crowded.

You'll get a map when you go in. Take a minute to familiarize yourself with the layout and look at the places to eat. The better organized you are, the more you can see.

Have a wonderful time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Google "DisBoards" for a WEALTH of knowledge from true Disney nerds.

I'd 2nd this recommendation.

I've been visiting DisneyWorld at least once a year for the past decade or so. In the past few years planning has become a crazy process with all the online dining and fast pass reservations.

Best plan would be to download and setup the 'My Disney Experience' app and check out the DisBoards

On the plus side, learning to plan for Disney has made cruise planning, even on the tech and reservation heavy Anthem a cakewalk.

Thank you! Like fingernails on a chalkboard! :eek:

Lol! I'm a former castmember so it kills me too. What I've learned is that the grand majority of people have no idea what the difference is. 😱

Lol! I'm a former castmember so it kills me too. What I've learned is that the grand majority of people have no idea what the difference is. 😱

Me too! You might be able to guess where looking at my name and picture. :D And the number of people who call the MK "Disney World". :eek:

If that bothers you I can only imagine how you react to questions about the iWatch.

Me too! You might be able to guess where looking at my name and picture. :D And the number of people who call the MK "Disney World". :eek:

Thats great! I love the monorail. When did you work there? I did the college program a million years ago, back in 2004. I worked in Epcot, I was one of the flag shirts.

They brainwashed me and I have loved Disney ever since. 😁

Thats great! I love the monorail. When did you work there? I did the college program a million years ago, back in 2004. I worked in Epcot, I was one of the flag shirts.

They brainwashed me and I have loved Disney ever since. 😁

WDWCP Alumni here, too!!! I did two programs a million and five years ago in 1999 and 2000. I stayed on as a CT after that until 2004 when I went full time at Access Control. Sadly, we moved to my husband's hometown and I couldn't get a job with the DVC here. But, we're still annual passholders. I've been brainwashed, too. :rolleyes: I hope you are member of the Alumni Association...

You have received plenty of Disneyworld advice.

Just so you are clear, Oasis sails from Fort Lauderdale, not Miami. Assume you have your week, car, etc. booked.

thank you all for the great information.

yes, I will be staying on the strip on Miami, and will book a taxi from the hotel to take me to FL

WDWCP Alumni here, too!!! I did two programs a million and five years ago in 1999 and 2000. I stayed on as a CT after that until 2004 when I went full time at Access Control. Sadly, we moved to my husband's hometown and I couldn't get a job with the DVC here. But, we're still annual passholders. I've been brainwashed, too. :rolleyes: I hope you are member of the Alumni Association...

You know I am haha! I tried to go to the homecoming event earlier this year but, I'm a passholder too, and I still live in Florida, so I felt a little weird about paying $200 for dinner and bowling. Maybe next time.

Great to see another alumni on CC! :)

thank you all for the great information.

yes, I will be staying on the strip on Miami, and will book a taxi from the hotel to take me to FL

Just make sure to leave Miami EARLY on embarkation day. Don't chance getting there later. There was a horrific thread earlier this week about a family who completely missed their cruise because of terrible traffic on I95 from Miami to Fort Lauderdale.

You will definitely want to be on the road by 11AM at the latest.

Enjoy your trip!