Club World Owners Suite - 8088 Question

Mermen

We're booked in 8088 and I have read an older post (prior to Reimagine) and guests complained about noise from restaurant's outdoor terrace above and soot in their veranda.

Can anyone speak to this? I have not checked the vacancy to see if any other WCO suites were available, my guess not so much a few months out.

I am also curious about the privacy from the dining terrace above? As with some aft cabins / suites, are guests able to look down? :cool:

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to trying out this suite for our honeymoon.

Gary

I always book 8088. You indeed occasionally hear some chair scraping from the terrace above, but it has never bothered me. The soot is a minor issue on all aft verandas but easily resolved by quickly checking your chair before you sit down and if needed wiping it clean (especially early morning if you head out before the stateroom attendants have been). All aft verandas are very private except if you stand at the railing. The last thing to note is that the sides on the aft are solid metal as opposed to see through glass, so if you lay on a sun bed, you don't see the ocean.

Floris

Edited by florisdekort

Hi There Gary: We were in an Owner's on the Journey in April, post-reimagining. We had originally been booked on Deck 8, but we managed to move to Deck 6 in order to avoid the supposed noise from the terrace on Deck 9. However, note we traded supposed noise for more engine vibration on Deck 6. Nothing is perfect. Very dear friends were in an OS on Deck 8, and were worried about chair-movement noise, but happily reported no problems. And yes, the soot is unavoidable. Your steward will clean it up, so there won't be too much around for you to deal with. BUT...beware of numerous design and furniture issues that resulted from the reimagining experience. IMHO, the new configuration of the OS is a step back from the old design and furniture. It's obvious that the designers had not done a test drive before they took it live. AZ promised lots of corrections, and some of those may have already been made. But there are a few design flaws, most notably a leaky shower than causes bathroom flooding, that may not be correctable without a complete re-build. Still, my money bought us the extra space inside and out and we were quite comfortable and happy as clams in our OS. I know you'll love the luxury of all that space.

BUT...beware of numerous design and furniture issues that resulted from the reimagining experience. IMHO, the new configuration of the OS is a step back from the old design and furniture. It's obvious that the designers had not done a test drive before they took it live. AZ promised lots of corrections, and some of those may have already been made. But there are a few design flaws, most notably a leaky shower than causes bathroom flooding, that may not be correctable without a complete re-build.

I was in 8088 on Quest last week and noticed zero "design and furniture issues". Love the new configuration and upgrades! I think Azamara did a phenomenal job on the refurbishment.

Floris

I was in 8088 on Quest last week and noticed zero "design and furniture issues". Love the new configuration and upgrades! I think Azamara did a phenomenal job on the refurbishment.

Floris

Thanks to your most positive report. We look forward to October.

Note that the balconies get shallower each deck you go up and deck 9 is quite a bit smaller than 6. I've had cabins under the aft Windows outside and it bothered me a little, but I tuned it out in the end. Chair scraping when setting up for breakfast was a bit of a pain.

Phil

Floris

Thank you Floris!

TV24: All issues brought to our attention are being reviewed and rectified as can be. I believe the shower is no longer leaking :)

Thank you Floris!

TV24: All issues brought to our attention are being reviewed and rectified as can be. I believe the shower is no longer leaking :)

Thanks Bonnie. I was hopeful that AZ could do as much as possible. And Mermen, I see that you have booked on the Quest, which was re-done after the Journey. We were hopeful that the Journey experience would help things go more smoothly for the Quest. I would rely on Floris' report more than mine since she traveled on the Quest.

• 1 month later...