Summit Aqua 1 Cabin 1140 View.

captdave

Thanx Capt.Dave for the nice wake pic. I hope you went to go see Dewa and the crew at the Sunset Bar.They are a great bunch.We will be seeing them this Sunday.I hope your BMD cruise was great, and smooth sailing home.

Thanx Capt.Dave for the nice wake pic. I hope you went to go see Dewa and the crew at the Sunset Bar.They are a great bunch.We will be seeing them this Sunday.I hope your BMD cruise was great, and smooth sailing home.

Very few have this view.

CaptDave

We have stayed on deck 11 and we loved it. With the aft cabins, I think the deck is great. I have visited a C1 cabin. My concern is that the bed is port/starboard. Are the beds on the aft cabins on deck 11 port/starboard? Anyone have issues with this?

Beware! If you encounter rough waster the draws in cabins will not stay closed. Hard to sleep with banging drawers! Finally duck taped on the Infinity while sailing in April, cabin 1141

. Many used towels.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 5 months later...
These cabins would be even better if they'd create a pulley system with a bucket to get drinks from the bar!

Did it this last January using a line and a passenger randomly attached a bottle Kozy to it and popped a beer in for me to hoist to the cheers of all! :D

syxwer.jpg

4jnc4x.jpg

the only aft cabin available to me was 1130 so i booked it. but i read lots of reviews about it and the lack of privacy due to the staircase overlooking the balcony. and also, it looks claustrophobic due to the fact that it's a long narrow balcony. and they said there's noise from the movie above. i watched the ship on a sailaway from ft lauderdale a couple of weeks ago, and i clearly saw the cabin, the stairway, the movie screen above and the canvas roof covering the sunset bar below. the only great aft cabin is 1140. it has a larger balcony than the other aft cabins. maybe 1138 is ok but..........after all my research i gave up the cabin for a port side aqua cabin number 1105. port because its a southbound coastal cruise from vancouver to los angeles. i always wanted to have an aft cabin, but this one wan't the greatest so rather than be disappointed, i opted out. i'll try again for 1140 on the next m class cruise i take.

if you have 1140, consider yourself blessed by the gods!!!!

the only aft cabin available to me was 1130 so i booked it. but i read lots of reviews about it and the lack of privacy due to the staircase overlooking the balcony. and also, it looks claustrophobic due to the fact that it's a long narrow balcony. and they said there's noise from the movie above. i watched the ship on a sailaway from ft lauderdale a couple of weeks ago, and i clearly saw the cabin, the stairway, the movie screen above and the canvas roof covering the sunset bar below. the only great aft cabin is 1140. it has a larger balcony than the other aft cabins. maybe 1138 is ok but..........after all my research i gave up the cabin for a port side aqua cabin number 1105. port because its a southbound coastal cruise from vancouver to los angeles. i always wanted to have an aft cabin, but this one wan't the greatest so rather than be disappointed, i opted out. i'll try again for 1140 on the next m class cruise i take.

if you have 1140, consider yourself blessed by the gods!!!!

Hi David- Hope you're doing well. We got back from a Summit Canada/New England cruise last month. We had 1138. The person above who indicated rough water caused a lot of issues with drawer noise, etc was spot on. We had one rough night due the remnants of Hurricane Matthew and boy was it noisy. We did everything we could think of to jam things in drawers, etc. to keep them from banging. We even had to use the Celebrity umbrella to jam it between the bathroom door and the closet door. 1138 has a section of the balcony that was very private and part that wasn't. 1130 had 0 privacy. I could never really relax on the aft balcony, either, due to noise from the oceanview bar below, or from the rooftop terrace movies from above. I'm afraid you are going to have noise issues in 1105 as well. In my case, it was a fairly cool weather cruise so there weren't many nights when movies were playing. But when they did, the was no quiet to be had on the balcony. It was no issue with the balcony door closed, but why have a balcony if you can't enjoy it? If your cruise is a warm weather one, expect to hear the rooftop movies until late if you're out on your balcony. I'm done with the deck 11 A1 cabins now that the rooftop terrace movie screen has been added. -Mark

Hi David- Hope you're doing well. We got back from a Summit Canada/New England cruise last month. We had 1138. The person above who indicated rough water caused a lot of issues with drawer noise, etc was spot on. We had one rough night due the remnants of Hurricane Matthew and boy was it noisy. We did everything we could think of to jam things in drawers, etc. to keep them from banging. We even had to use the Celebrity umbrella to jam it between the bathroom door and the closet door. 1138 has a section of the balcony that was very private and part that wasn't. 1130 had 0 privacy. I could never really relax on the aft balcony, either, due to noise from the oceanview bar below, or from the rooftop terrace movies from above. I'm afraid you are going to have noise issues in 1105 as well. In my case, it was a fairly cool weather cruise so there weren't many nights when movies were playing. But when they did, the was no quiet to be had on the balcony. It was no issue with the balcony door closed, but why have a balcony if you can't enjoy it? If your cruise is a warm weather one, expect to hear the rooftop movies until late if you're out on your balcony. I'm done with the deck 11 A1 cabins now that the rooftop terrace movie screen has been added. -Mark

thanks for your feedback, mark. i'm glad i gave up 1130 but i've read reviews of cabin 1105 and no one mentioned anything about it being noisy. my cruise is a pacific coastal cruise next september so its not exactly a warm weather cruise. its a 7 day cruise from vancouver to los angeles.

Good Afternoon Xpressers Boss. My wife and I spent an outstanding week in Cabin 1140 on Summit in June, 2016. It was a nice cabin with the best balcony we have ever had on a ship. You will really enjoy it. Happy Cruising! Bob and Linda