Booking another cruise on board

philsr1939

Keith1010 is correct with his advice. In general, the on board bookings follow whatever promotions or pricing is in place at the time you are making the booking. What often if offered as incentive would be reduced deposits or some amount of on board credit. But as suggested, check with the cruise line you are interested in booking with.

Depending upon the line, there are certain advantages - such as benefits for something as simple as putting down a small advance deposit ($100 to $500) on an unspecified future cruise - without nailing down date, ship or itinerary. We are now finalizing our upcoming February 2017 Hawaii cruise using deposit made on a November 2014 cruise.

It is certainly worth discussing with the "future cruise consultant" (or whatever he/she is called) when you are on board, but I generally am not inclined to get too specific about something many months in the future while my mind is in cruise mode.

Can one save money by booking another cruise while on a cruise? ?

Varies by line.

We mainly sail Princess and buy a FCC, doesn't really save anything but means I can book even if I don't have the deposit to hand and gets a little OBC.