Why does it take Carnival so long to process a request for shareholder OBC?

ontheweb

If you go to the Princess board, you will find posts that tell how quickly they received this credit. Sometimes it has been known to show up in their Princess personalizer within a few hours.

I had my stockbroker fax in the necessary information a week ago today. The next day I called to make sure they got it, and was told to call back today, one week later. Today I was told to call back at the end of the week. I was told it takes 7-10 business days to process. I replied that I just wanted to know if they had received it yet. They could not even tell me that!

If you go to the Princess board, you will find posts that tell how quickly they received this credit. Sometimes it has been known to show up in their Princess personalizer within a few hours.

I had my stockbroker fax in the necessary information a week ago today. The next day I called to make sure they got it, and was told to call back today, one week later. Today I was told to call back at the end of the week. I was told it takes 7-10 business days to process. I replied that I just wanted to know if they had received it yet. They could not even tell me that!

I fax it myself with a cover letter stating my booking number, ship, and departure date. Usually have it within two-three days, only had one time where I needed to follow up and did so via e-mail to my PVP and it was applied that day.

I imagine this was really just a rhetorical question, right? Because no one on this board can tell you just how and/or why Carnival does things, right? ;)

I typically email mine and have had it applied as quickly as within an hour!

Last time, I screwed up and sent the email without the attachment. Although I immediately re-sent it with the docs attached, they requested I fax it all in, which I did. It took about a week to have it applied.

I've never asked my PVP to send it in (although I know lots of folks do). They're busy and get nothing from this extra work. JMO.

I always fax mine over with a cover letter. I get an email response that I received it. On Carnival I don't see it in my on line check in. I get a letter in my cabin and i see it on my S&S account.

update--I was finally able to get through to them through my TA.

They said it is now taking 3-5 business days.

They said that either they did not get it, or the booking number was not on it According to my stockbroker, they have confirmation it was received and the booking number was on it.

We are now having the stockbroker fax it to my TA who will make sure all the right information is there and then fax it to Carnival.

Lucky our cruise is not until August.

update-

Lucky our cruise is not until August.

This may be part of your problem. They don't like giving the OBC when the cruise is several months out. (I've been told by those in the department that takes care of the Stockholders OBC, that there is concern that you might sell your stock by the time you sail.) In any case, it's been my experience that the further out the cruise is, the longer they take to post the OBC, or you might get a note from them stating that the cruise is too far out, and you should resubmit the request when the cruise is 30 days, or less out. :rolleyes:

"SKY"

This may be part of your problem. They don't like giving the OBC when the cruise is several months out. (I've been told by those in the department that takes care of the Stockholders OBC, that there is concern that you might sell your stock by the time you sail.) In any case, it's been my experience that the further out the cruise is, the longer they take to post the OBC, or you might get a note from them stating that the cruise is too far out, and you should resubmit the request when the cruise is 30 days, or less out. :rolleyes:

"SKY"

They specifically say within 90 days. That is why I waited until the statement from the end of May would be available.

Took about 10 days. The statement was for end of March 2016. The OBCs are already applied for all our cruises, except the one in Sept 2017. That one is too far out, I'm sure. So, consistent they are not! Our PVP is good about following up. Love OBC!:)

• 3 weeks later...

OP here with an update---still do not have it. My stockbroker sent in the request in early June by fax. My TA sent in a request by e-mail in late June. (He has now sent in a second request today.)

Each time they claim they do not have it. My TA says that this is not out of the ordinary as Carnival often loses things. He said that if I still do not get it, he will flood them with 50 e-mails until they beg him to stop. He says he has had to do this in the past.

When I mentioned to him that Princess seems to take as little as 2 hours for the stockholder OBC to show up, he replied that they may be part of the same corporation, but they are run separately. He went on to say that luckily Princess has not been "Carnivalized".

So, I guess the answer to my original question is that they tend to lose things.

Edited by ontheweb

Our next cruise is in September. I e-mailed statement Tuesday night at 10:30 pm and had the credit posted to my account the following afternoon. Received e-mail from Carnival Wednesday morning saying it had been credited. :):)

I always get my shareholder credit within 2-3 days. I email my statement over to my PVP within a few weeks of sailing, and then the credit shows on my booking shortly thereafter.

It really pays to establish a relationship with your PVP over time. They will take care of your needs.

OP here with an update---still do not have it. My stockbroker sent in the request in early June by fax. My TA sent in a request by e-mail in late June. (He has now sent in a second request today.)

Each time they claim they do not have it. My TA says that this is not out of the ordinary as Carnival often loses things. He said that if I still do not get it, he will flood them with 50 e-mails until they beg him to stop. He says he has had to do this in the past.

When I mentioned to him that Princess seems to take as little as 2 hours for the stockholder OBC to show up, he replied that they may be part of the same corporation, but they are run separately. He went on to say that luckily Princess has not been "Carnivalized".

So, I guess the answer to my original question is that they tend to lose things.

Carnival has never lost mine nor have I heard of Carnival losing others. I would call BS on your TA.

Princess certainly does not guarantee quick turn around and has told me before to allow a week or two.

If your stockbroker faxed a statement in without booking number, cruise ship and sail date, it probably went straight to the shredder.

I think it is more common for OBC requests to be incomplete than for Carnival to mishandle the requests.