Suggestions for Transfers - Seattle

VTMNicole

This is the first time cruising out of Seattle, but have cruised 7 times out of Port Canaveral. I'm struggling with finding someone for transfer to our hotel (no airport shuttle) and then back to the airport. We have discussed Uber, but have always done a private shuttle. Thanks!

Nicole

This is the first time cruising out of Seattle, but have cruised 7 times out of Port Canaveral. I'm struggling with finding someone for transfer to our hotel (no airport shuttle) and then back to the airport. We have discussed Uber, but have always done a private shuttle. Thanks!

Nicole

Try seattleexpress.com. I don't know if they do airport to hotel shuttles, but they do hotel to pier and pier to airport/hotel transfers for $15 pp each way. I don't believe that they are private shuttles.

Lynn

We used Shuttle Express when we flew into Seattle. They will take you to your hotel and will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the cruise terminal. We rode in a private car - it was actually a beautiful town car. We walked to our hotel from the airport due to we flew in 1 day early unexpectedly due to a flight cancellation.

Here's their website:

http://shuttleexpress.com/

Light rail won't get you to the terminal where Princess ships are found.

It *will* perhaps get you close to your hotel, though, which is what the OP was asking about.

That said, I loathe taking light rail from the airport to downtown. It takes about an hour to an hour and a half, the station is located on the far side of the parking garage, and you still have to usually catch a cab of some sort to get to your hotel once you come out of the bowels of the train station to the surface streets of Seattle. In contrast, Uber Black picked us up in the front loading zone in 6 minutes and had us at our hotel (Marriott Waterfront) in 25 minutes. the price was $55 each way plus the cash tip I gave for such quick and friendly service.

Edited by OfficerKrupke

Nicole

Try A-1 Limo (Solomon) he is on time and very reasonable.

206-245-3540.

We have used him many times including earlier this month. ;)

Shuttle Express works well. Make a reservation and then check in at the desk in the parking garage. They call your name when your van is ready (but noisy there so listen up). Shared van to hotels and pier.

If you look on the SeaTac site, you will see that they have on call towncars and limos available. There are phones in baggage claim. You call #55 and give them the door you are closest to and a limo will be dispatched to your door. They have recently added SUV's and can hold up to 7 passengers.

The cost for this is $45-50. I am planning you using this service when I cruise in September.

Pooh

how many were in your group? I have four traveling

We have two, but UberBlack requires there to be room for at least 4. UberXL and UberSUV require there to be room for 6, like a Suburban. With 4 passengers this is the category I would choose instead of UberBlack

Nicole

You didn't mention where in Seattle your hotel was located but am assuming it is in downtown Seattle.

The most economical way is taking the light rail from Seatac to Westlake. It takes less than 45 mins. We have done it many times either when cruising or visiting family. It is not that big of a deal with luggage for us and many others who go with this option. Once in downtown you can uber, cab or walk. We usually stay within a few blocks and walk but if down by the waterfront or near the space needle cab or uber is a better option.

We usually stay within a few blocks and walk but if down by the waterfront or near the space needle cab or uber is a better option.

Heck, if you're staying near the Space Needle/Seattle Center, you could theoretically take the escalator/elevator/stairs from the Light Rail train platform at Westlake Station to the Monorail platform, hop the monorail and then walk to your hotel (we prefer the Maxwell when staying near Seattle Center) once you get to Seattle Center. If you don't want to walk from there, there are always taxis or UBER at the EMP.

Heck, if you're staying near the Space Needle/Seattle Center, you could theoretically take the escalator/elevator/stairs from the Light Rail train platform at Westlake Station to the Monorail platform, hop the monorail and then walk to your hotel (we prefer the Maxwell when staying near Seattle Center) once you get to Seattle Center. If you don't want to walk from there, there are always taxis or UBER at the EMP.

Yes. You can do that too. Easy don't you think?

Yes. You can do that too. Easy don't you think?

Very. I use the Monorail all the time, but I don't really like the Light Rail. It takes far too long from the airport for my taste, and I definitely wouldn't want to do it when carrying a lot of luggage for a cruise. The most I've had was a carry on and a backpack, and that was too much for me.

Edited by OfficerKrupke

• 4 months later...

I am a big fan of the train in Seattle. Is it as convenient as a taxi or Uber? No--but it costs THREE BUCKS to get you from Sea-Tac to Downtown. And many Downtown hotels are very near one of the Downtown stations.

I've never had any issue with luggage. The trains are clean, quiet, and I have never felt unsafe.