Eavesway coach transfer to and from Southampton

Cassandra14

I am on the last WC segment on QM2 to Southampton next year and had booked and paid Eavesway from the port to Preston but I have received a letter a my money returned as they say they are not doing Cunard transfers in future due to a decrease in bookings. Does anyone know of an alternative. I am travelling on my own and don't want to use public transport as I will have too much luggage to cart around. .

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

I know you have said you don't want to use public transport; however, there is a direct train service from Southampton to Manchester.

You could book a transfer through Cunard or a private car. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

I am on the last WC segment on QM2 to Southampton next year and had booked and paid Eavesway from the port to Preston but I have received a letter a my money returned as they say they are not doing Cunard transfers in future due to a decrease in bookings. Does anyone know of an alternative. I am travelling on my own and don't want to use public transport as I will have too much luggage to cart around. .

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Be wary of Eavesway. Last November disembarked Oriana at Southampton and had booked Eavesway transfer to London Heathrow via their website after good vibes on CC.

Got off ship at 8.30am, into nice bus, driver said..'We just have to pick up a few more pax from Arcadia up the quay. So we head up to Arcadia, had to wait over three hours for those pax to get on bus as Arcadia was late to berth. As a result instead of getting to airport area around 11am for afternoon flight, we got to Renaissance Hotel LHR which is the Eavesway drop, then Hoppa Bus to terminal. Made flight back to OZ ok, but tighter window then we would have liked.

So just be aware Eavesway is sometimes servicing more than one ship. Driver was good, bus nice though, but Eavesway Office insisted we wait for Arcadia pax.

Edited by NSWP

I have also used Intercruise this month following a week on QV and have them booked to take me back to the Midlands following a TA on QM next month. They are very efficient and I can recommend them.

I used National Express Coach from Lomdon to Southamptonnational Express goes everywhere. The Coach station is close to the port.. Luggage went under the coach. We had large cases. It was easy.

Indeed National Express are good, used them before to and from Southampton and well priced. Should have used them in November instead of the Eavesway saga, described below in post No.4 of this thread.