Riviera cabin quarantined - Norovirus or other cause?

auldlassie

On Riviera just now and noticed a neighbouring cabin (which is occupied) is now sealed with red tape across the door. This was used previously for those quanrantined/identified with Norovirus. Is this used for other reasons and , if so, what?

Having a great cruise and sorry to think there might be a problem for anyone on board, but concerned as to possible reasons.

On Riviera just now and noticed a neighbouring cabin (which is occupied) is now sealed with red tape across the door. This was used previously for those quanrantined/identified with Norovirus. Is this used for other reasons and , if so, what?

Having a great cruise and sorry to think there might be a problem for anyone on board, but concerned as to possible reasons.

Sure hope not !!!

I beg you....please not another Riviera norovirus thread!

A lot of people will be traveling on Riviera in the next few weeks and should know what to expect. Lets find out what it is and then put this thread to bed.

A lot of people will be traveling on Riviera in the next few weeks and should know what to expect. Lets find out what it is and then put this thread to bed.

Okie dokie! I'm boarding Riviera on July 3....I'm not worried....it will be wonderful.

You could ask your housekeeper ..you may or may not get an answer

If the housekeeping staff are gowning up to clean that cabin you will be ok if they are not then I would worry

Are they washing down the ship ..walls, chairs, tables ?? that is a sign there is a problem

You could ask your housekeeper ..you may or may not get an answer

If the housekeeping staff are gowning up to clean that cabin you will be ok if they are not then I would worry

Are they washing down the ship ..walls, chairs, tables ?? that is a sign there is a problem

If I were on board I would sure ask, but I would see what is taking place without asking. Not hard to spot the cleaning on a noro cruise. Lets hope this is not what is going on.

If I were on board I would sure ask, but I would see what is taking place without asking. Not hard to spot the cleaning on a noro cruise. Lets hope this is not what is going on.

Yup when they start wiping the chair arms & backs that is a dead give away something is going on ;)

Well they had better hurry up and get this sorted out.......

we are boarding on Sunday in Rome for a week.....

Norovirus is vile to suffer from... and disruptive to have on board....

or maybe it is just the abundance of lobsters......

Can someone on board please find out for us...????

Go and ask someone!

THanks

Well they had better hurry up and get this sorted out.......

we are boarding on Sunday in Rome for a week.....

Norovirus is vile to suffer from... and disruptive to have on board....

or maybe it is just the abundance of lobsters......

Can someone on board please find out for us...????

Go and ask someone!

THanks

No! Why actually pursue the facts, when we can start a panic on a message board, break our backs jumping to conclusions, and get juicy rumors going??? Then we can develop an unending thread about the horrors of Noro, the need for reimbursement, the flaws and perils of O travel ----

Anything but the facts! Another chance to talk it up on CC but not ask someone ON BOARD who might actually know what is going on!!!

SMH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since I noticed the red tapes on the door yesterday I have only been out of my cabin once to go to dinner. This morning still in my cabin watching a movie and enjoying a late champagne breakfast, as it is our only sea day.

I will ask my housekeeper, but I think she will not say, as it would probably be too indiscreet to do so.

There was no washing down of the restaurant I ate at last night, but I doubt there would be if only 1cabin has an issue.

As I said, I have been pretty much a cabin monkey since I saw the tapes on the door.

If I learn more I will post, but really just wanted to know possible reasons for the tape. I assume it is most likely a quarantine situation.

To these who seem to think the possibility of Norovirus or any other infectious situation should be kept secret or never mentioned, I am sorry to say I think that is a childish attitude. Just don't read the thread and your ignorance will still be bliss.:rolleyes: Personally, as someone currently on the ship, I think I have every right to ask the question I did and post the information as I have done.

No! Why actually pursue the facts, when we can start a panic on a message board, break our backs jumping to conclusions, and get juicy rumors going??? Then we can develop an unending thread about the horrors of Noro, the need for reimbursement, the flaws and perils of O travel ----

Anything but the facts! Another chance to talk it up on CC but not ask someone ON BOARD who might actually know what is going on!!!

SMH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is exactly what we are trying to do.. GET THE FACTS. Anyone who has them please post. SMH seems to be the one in a panic mode, so lets leave the graphic language out until we know if anything is really going on.

That is exactly what we are trying to do.. GET THE FACTS. Anyone who has them please post. SMH seems to be the one in a panic mode, so lets leave the graphic language out until we know if anything is really going on.

SMH is an Internet abbreviation for "shaking my head."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members of staff now have confirmed that the cabin is quarantined due to a gastric and vomiting virus - their words - and the tapes are to validate the occupants remain in their cabin. They were clearly a bit uncomfortable telling me this and I did not press them for any further details should they have had any.

I did report that when I went out to a later than usual dinner last night, the tapes were broken and when I returned, still unbroken. They looked very concerned by this and made a note of it. The door tapes are currently sealed, as they should be.

The cleaners cart has been stationed just by the quarantined cabin all day so far, but on my recent visit down stairs to the on board shops I did not notice any extra cleaning. I have not yet visited any other public areas today.

It seems this quarantine is being treated as an isolated incident and I hope the next few days bear that out.

Members of staff now have confirmed that the cabin is quarantined due to a gastric and vomiting virus - their words - and the tapes are to validate the occupants remain in their cabin. They were clearly a bit uncomfortable telling me this and I did not press them for any further details should they have had any.

I did report that when I went out to a later than usual dinner last night, the tapes were broken and when I returned, still unbroken. They looked very concerned by this and made a note of it. The door tapes are currently sealed, as they should be.

The cleaners cart has been stationed just by the quarantined cabin all day so far, but on my recent visit down stairs to the on board shops I did not notice any extra cleaning. I have not yet visited any other public areas today.

It seems this quarantine is being treated as an isolated incident and I hope the next few days bear that out.

Thanks for the report.

Since I noticed the red tapes on the door yesterday I have only been out of my cabin once to go to dinner. This morning still in my cabin watching a movie and enjoying a late champagne breakfast, as it is our only sea day.

I will ask my housekeeper, but I think she will not say, as it would probably be too indiscreet to do so.

There was no washing down of the restaurant I ate at last night, but I doubt there would be if only 1cabin has an issue.

As I said, I have been pretty much a cabin monkey since I saw the tapes on the door.

If I learn more I will post, but really just wanted to know possible reasons for the tape. I assume it is most likely a quarantine situation.

To these who seem to think the possibility of Norovirus or any other infectious situation should be kept secret or never mentioned, I am sorry to say I think that is a childish attitude. Just don't read the thread and your ignorance will still be bliss.:rolleyes: Personally, as someone currently on the ship, I think I have every right to ask the question I did and post the information as I have done.

Your posting is a very valuable tool to those who will be boarding soon. Whether this is an isolated incident or the beginning of a significant problem, it is important to know. We were on Riviera in April following a long siege of noro. Knowing of the possibility, I was prepared before I boarded and vigilant while on board. I posted the non noro status a few times during the cruise. I emailed people who were boarding a cruise following ours. Cruise Critic is a forum whose main goal is information. I believe knowing health status is probably the most important piece of information one can have.

Don't we all always wash our hands carefully, often and before meals and avoid touching high traffic times more often than absolutely necessary whether there is noro or not?

If we had any common sense and brains we would.