Your favorite item on NCL menu...

Would love to see any pictures of food or drink from a NCL cruise if anyone has any at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Here's some pictures for you [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aamiee! Beautiful pictures. May I ask where you got the bagel with the smoked salmon? Was it at the regular buffet, or in an MDR? Thanks. Looking forward to cruise on the Escape next year.:)

The new "jumbo bay scallop" entrée in LeBistro -- so yummy with cauliflower mash (though that's not what they call it)

The grilled Reuben in O'Sheehan's

The grilled lobster tail and yummy veggies in Ocean Blue

Veal Marsala and Osso Bucco in LaCucina.

All these are on the "new" menus.

aamiee! Beautiful pictures. May I ask where you got the bagel with the smoked salmon? Was it at the regular buffet, or in an MDR? Thanks. Looking forward to cruise on the Escape next year.:)

Everyday at the buffet!! [emoji39] so good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this have any dairy products in it?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi NCteacher, I just picked up the recipe from another thread. It has Pyrat XO Reserve rum, Godiva liquer and Chambord. It's possible the top could be Chambord white chocolate liquer.

Hi NCteacher, I just picked up the recipe from another thread. It has Pyrat XO Reserve rum, Godiva liquer and Chambord. It's possible the top could be Chambord white chocolate liquer.

I don't know the recipe for Rum Cake martini, but I imagine it would have dairy products. It is served with a white creamy top.

Thanks! I'll make sure to ask before ordering it.

Two of my favorites were actually just basic staples on the MDR menu:

Spaghetti bolognese - I was having some motion issues so eating "conservative" that evening, yet felt a LOT better after that tasty meal. The pasta was perfectly al dente, the meat sauce perfectly cooked and not over-spiced (or bland). Some big meals on the ship would sit so heavy on your stomach, but this was just wonderful and pleasant, and helped settle mine down so I felt a lot better as the evening went on. I also had a chicken caesar salad as an appetizer, which was not too big, also not too spiced up.

Later on the trip, I had the prime rib - don't recall what came with it, but I remember thinking that the meat was as perfectly cooked as what I'd previously had in Cagney's and Moderno.

Le Bistro - the whole meal (duck two ways and profiteroles for dessert) was marvelous, but my favorite thing was actually the salmon mousse on toasted baguettes that we got compliments of the chef. I would have gladly eaten a truckload of that as my appetizer!

The Australian rack of lamb in the MDR. It usually shows up one night on the MDR menu. Unbelievable!

I've noticed a lot of the menu items from the specialty restaurants show up in the MDR and other areas from time to time. I saw in a recent review that the escargots were offered in the MDR as an appetizer one night. On my last cruise, they served the grilled pineapple from Modernos at an outdoor barbecue.

We were on the Pearl to Alaska last month, and we honestly didn't have a bad meal.

Favorites:

Escargot & Fruits de mer - Le Bistro

bruschetta, fried calamari, vegetable lasagna - La Cucina

crab salad appetizer, Lobster, mac & cheese, Tomahawk steak - Cagney's

On the buffet, we loved the Indian selections, and for breakfast, I still crave the little hashbrowns.

And my fave cocktail: the lavender martini