Journey June 16th.

Lottie A

Now in The Grand Bretagne Athens enjoying a Prosecco but boy, is it hot! It's 38 deg and so humid. Too hot even to walk a few metres. Never mind, we will chill out and enjoy some cocktails with the free WiFi in our lovely hotel. I might even skip the handbag shopping Phil!

Disembarking was very easy, transfer driver was waiting for us and it took 30 mins from Piraeus to our hotel. So sad to leave Journey after a great cruise and meeting so many new friends.....and some old ones of course! :)

As always, the food, service and ambience was wonderful. I have absolutely no negatives whatsoever and can't wait to be back soon. Sad that White Night was cancelled, but due to the very high winds in Mykonos it was necessary. For any officers and crew reading this and I know you will.....thanks so much for your company, entertainment and friendship. You are the absolute best crew at sea.

Phil...hope you enjoy your "last leg" as much as the others! :D

We will be sad to miss the next "Pub lunch"....I can see that becoming a Azamara tradition. Hopefully back soon though...I'll keep you posted.

Heard that my friends, Christine & Malcolm, were upgraded from a GTY Outside to a Balcony on deck 7 on boarding today. So thrilled for them. With all they've had to contend with it's a very well deserved bonus.

Well this is the end of another fantastic Azamara cruise. We had such a great time and recommend anyone thinking of booking an Azamara cruise to just do it. You won't have any regrets.

Leaving The Sofitel Heathrow for the four hour journey home soon, with some great memories and a few pix to sort out!

Hope very much to be back onboard in September. :)

Well this is the end of another fantastic Azamara cruise. We had such a great time and recommend anyone thinking of booking an Azamara cruise to just do it. You won't have any regrets.

Leaving The Sofitel Heathrow for the four hour journey home soon, with some great memories and a few pix to sort out!

Hi Lottie, Hazel and Phil

Glad to hear Lottie and Hazel enjoyed the Grand Bretagne and the fizz. Athens was certainly boiling. Thanks to you all for your great company as you made my trip. Agree Azamara came up trumps yet again and I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms while washing and ironing in rainy Newcastle. I have some fabulous memories. Phil enjoy the rest of the cruise and thanks for a great time. I'll let you know once the next cruise is booked. :)

Louise

Hi LottieA, thank you for sharing your cruise with us!

We too hope you'll be back onboard in September.

Bonnie

Glad to hear Lottie and Hazel enjoyed the Grand Bretagne and the fizz. Athens was certainly boiling. Thanks to you all for your great company as you made my trip. Agree Azamara came up trumps yet again and I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms while washing and ironing in rainy Newcastle. I have some fabulous memories. Phil enjoy the rest of the cruise and thanks for a great time. I'll let you know once the next cruise is booked. :)

Louise

Hi Louise,

The Grand Bretagne was lovely....dinner on The Roof Terrace with that spectacular view of The Acropolis was wonderful. Will send you and Mary some pix once I'm organised. I only got home about thirty mins ago and I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms from Journey!

It was so lovely to meet you and Mary and we had a great time with both of you and Phil of course. Can't miss The Boy out! :)

We must certainly try to cruise together again....maybe to Oia to visit that wonderful silk shop? I'm definitely going to try for that Sept Journey cruise....baby news permitting of course. :)

Phil, hope your still having the time of your life onboard. I might have a Vodka Martini with a twist tonight....I suspect you may be having one too!

Loved the FB bartender pic by the way. :D

Louise

Hi Louise,

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you (and Mary too) and it was great fun to spend time with our merry group.

I know it is not possible for you to cruise in September but hope that we will all be able to meet up again before too long

Hi Lottie! Mojo here. It was lovely to meet you during the cruise and the nights spent with you added to our enjoyment of the voyage.

We are looking forward to trying Silversea next cruise, any suggestions?

Thanks aplenty!

Hi Mojo....we had so much fun with both of you....it's really nice to have much younger people onboard and I have to say that everyone we met onboard liked you both so much....so do hurry back to Azamara. :)

As for Silversea, well it is far more formal than Azamara of course....but a great chance for Jo to wear her lovely dresses. The food is very much gourmet style and I would say the age demographic is older than AZ. Silversea is very good at doing Alaska itineraries and the scenery and wildlife is spectacular, but I can't think of many shopping opportunities for Jo! :)

My favourite SS ships are Shadow and Spirit, but the new Silver Muse is launching in April 2017 and looks to be a beautiful ship with some great European itineraries. I'm sure you will both enjoy a SS cruise and there is dancing onboard....a chance for you both to develop those new dancing skills!

H and I really hope to meet up with you again on an Azamara cruise in the future. Good luck with your degree and give our love to Jo. Hope the luggage arrived safely on your trip home.

Hi Lottie! Mojo here. It was lovely to meet you during the cruise and the nights spent with you added to our enjoyment of the voyage.

We are looking forward to trying Silversea next cruise, any suggestions?

Thanks aplenty!

Hi Mo and Jo,

As Lottie says it was a real pleasure to meet you both. I will remember sharing a taxi to Taormina with you both and our other fun times for a long time.

Jo, hope you got those gorgeous frocks home safely

Hazel