Guarantee!

I expect many different answers to this question but here goes!! How long did you wait for your cabin assignment on a cabin guarantee?? My personal experience was two weeks before sailing. What was yours??

Thanks and have a good day.

Carol

I've had 2 guarantees which both were assigned in less than a week.

Now I am 36 days away from Jewel of the seas departure, with no assignment yet (i've had the booking since May 22nd).

The Jewel cruise shows N/A for insides, outsides and balconies. There are 2 family suites available, nothing else. I've got a guarantee balcony and I want at least a balcony. I am eagerly checking at My Cruises at least once a day to see, if we have been assigned a cabin. I wonder where they put us, since all balconies are fully booked...

I've been satisfied with the previous guarantees; both were balcony guarantee and I got exactly that: a balcony cabin. Somebody may say it was not a good location; one was furthest back on the side (not an aft) and the other far on the front of the ship. But I did not expect anything else but a balcony.

Booked an inside guarantee on Freedom in March of 2014 and had a stateroom assigned less than a week later...and the cruise was about 9 months out. I was assigned a room on deck 2...found an open stateroom in the same category on deck 6 and called to ask for it to be changed to the deck 6 room; was done no problem.

No further changes occurred.

Edited by msmayor

Within a week of booking and over a year from the sail date for one guarantee and the other was assigned on the phone, the agent called revenue and asked them if they could assign the cabins as we had 2 cabins and one with kids. This was back under the previous website when you could select adjoining cabins required before selecting the guarantee option.

We've booked at least three guarantee cabins (maybe 4?) over the years. The one from Carnival was assigned while we were in transit to Miami so we didn't know until we arrived at port. For one of our Grandeur trips we found out about 2-3 weeks before (too late to get luggage tags I remember - had to get at terminal). The most recent one is for our upcoming Anthem trip. Changed from our DO balcony to the XGTY on Wednesday of last week, assigned a Deck 12 D5 within 24 hours. Quickly called C&A and had the cabin number changed to one that was not connecting:).

We've been happy with all the guarantees we've tried (but then again we don't have any motion issues and love all areas of the ships for cabins):D.

Booked two gty cabins for September and they were allocated last week. However different decks, different categories and opposite ends of the ship.

The TA did two bookings but they are shown as linked bookings on RCI website.

I appreciate you get what you are given but I wasn't expecting fore and aft cabins. I'm not sure whether to ring Royal direct or go back to travel agent. Any one any experience of this and being able to swap. There appears to still be plenty of cabins left

I expect many different answers to this question but here goes!! How long did you wait for your cabin assignment on a cabin guarantee?? My personal experience was two weeks before sailing. What was yours??

Thanks and have a good day.

Carol

28 days, we've done great and okay....we're always glad to be cruising.....

Booked two gty cabins for September and they were allocated last week. However different decks, different categories and opposite ends of the ship.

The TA did two bookings but they are shown as linked bookings on RCI website.

I appreciate you get what you are given but I wasn't expecting fore and aft cabins. I'm not sure whether to ring Royal direct or go back to travel agent. Any one any experience of this and being able to swap. There appears to still be plenty of cabins left

While those booking guarantee cabins under North American terms and conditions are generally able to change cabins within the exact same category Royal is much more restrictive in allowing those who booked under different countries terms and conditions from doing this.

You can get your TA to try but I would be surprised if they allowed it.

Did many guaranteed cabins. When they were assigned varied widely -- from the day after we booked all the way through to about 2 weeks prior to sailing.

On our upcoming cruise, it was assigned about 20 days after booking, or 120 days before sailing.

I don't think I've ever waited as long as a week for GTY assignment. I think all our GTYs have been after Final Payment, so they have a pretty good idea of whether they have to provide complimentary upgrades (if they have more paid passengers than cabins available in your GTY category they have to upgrade someone (unless they can sucker someone into upsale). In August 2014 we booked a September Oslo-NY repostioning inside GTY; an inside cabin assigned within 2 days (that was the first time I checked). 3 days before sailing we got a C&A upgrade to a balcony:) - it helped that there were over 60 unsold cabins for the cruise.

Thom