HELP on Divina now

ocbaylady

My son and family just boarded the Divina today husband wife and 3 teens. They have 2 cabins side by side but had to book an adult in each cabin. Were told the could get keys changed when they got onboard. Guest services is saying no still has to be adult in each room. I have never heard of this being an issue. The kids are 17,15 and 13. Should he talk to hotel director or any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks

The problem is my daughter in law and grandson can't get into their cabins because they have keys to the cabins they are booked in. The cards to the cabins they are booked in have drink packages attached.

He booked with a MSC direct on the phone.

Unfortunately, MSC shoreside is terrible with miscommunications. In fairness, ncl might be worse and rccl is only marginally better. Good luck sorting this one out- I would keep moving up the chain. Let us know how you fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My son and family just boarded the Divina today husband wife and 3 teens. They have 2 cabins side by side but had to book an adult in each cabin. Were told the could get keys changed when they got onboard. Guest services is saying no still has to be adult in each room. I have never heard of this being an issue. The kids are 17,15 and 13. Should he talk to hotel director or any other suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Those are the rules.

The problem is my daughter in law and grandson can't get into their cabins because they have keys to the cabins they are booked in. The cards to the cabins they are booked in have drink packages attached.

Just get extra keys to enter cabins and use original keys for drink packages.

So basically, a few will have to carry 2 keys.

Our friends just debarked MSC Divina the day you embarked. They had a family of 6 and booked Mom with 2 of the kids and Dad with 2 of the kids in 2 separate balcony staterooms. Once they boarded the ship, they went to guest services and requested extra room keys for the two staterooms,,,that is all you will need to do,,,:)

On Divina June 11-18, 2016. When we "booked" we had to have our 18-year old in one of the rooms. On board, we WERE able to swap her out of the room, so our younger-than-18 daughter could stay with her younger-than-18 cousins. I'd just try again, with a different person. We had no problem.

Unfortunately, MSC shoreside is terrible with miscommunications. In fairness, ncl might be worse and rccl is only marginally better. Good luck sorting this one out- I would keep moving up the chain. Let us know how you fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't speak to NCL but I have never had the problems I am having with MSC with RCI. I have never waited on hold for over an hour to talk to someone with RCI. I have yet to talk to someone from MSC on the phone about my issues. I have given up on the phone after 3 calls at different times of the day, never answered (1 hour 16 minutes, 1 hour 5 minutes and 45 minutes). Pretty awful customer service that I have never experienced on any other cruise line. ...

I had several people waiting to hear about my MSC cruise before they booked... I really, really wanted to love the line, they have so much to offer... but, the shoreside customer service and many smaller problems on board make it impossible for me to recommend. :(

I had several people waiting to hear about my MSC cruise before they booked... I really, really wanted to love the line, they have so much to offer... but, the shoreside customer service and many smaller problems on board make it impossible for me to recommend. :(

For a while I felt like you. Our customer service pre cruise was dismal, but once I arrived at the cruise terminal and then throughout the cruise, I changed my mind.

I did realize fairly early that MSC is not Royal, Carnival, NCL, etc. MSC does things differently and it can be annoying to someone used to how other cruise lines do things. You can either get really annoyed or you can roll a bit with the punches as you learn the way MSC does things. I told myself to roll with the punches, and as the week progressed and I grew accustomed to the MSC way, the differences weren't as bothersome as at the beginning and I actually found myself enjoying this cruise tremendously.

People have asked me about our MSC cruise and I tell them exactly what I'm saying here. We had a great time, but if they choose to sail on them, the need to go with realistic expectations. That other cruise lines do things a certain way doesn't mean that MSC will do the same, and you need to be OK with that if you want to enjoy sailing on them.

Edited by Tapi

For a while I felt like you. Our customer service pre cruise was dismal, but once I arrived at the cruise terminal and then throughout the cruise, I changed my mind.

I did realize fairly early that MSC is not Royal, Carnival, NCL, etc. MSC does things differently and it can be annoying to someone used to how other cruise lines do things. You can either get really annoyed or you can roll a bit with the punches as you learn the way MSC does things. I told myself to roll with the punches, and as the week progressed and I grew accustomed to the MSC way, the differences weren't as bothersome as at the beginning and I actually found myself enjoying this cruise tremendously.

People have asked me about our MSC cruise and I tell them exactly what I'm saying here. We had a great time, but if they choose to sail on them, the need to go with realistic expectations. That other cruise lines do things a certain way doesn't mean that MSC will do the same, and you need to be OK with that if you want to enjoy sailing on them.

I was looking forward to something different, I wanted to get excited about it. Shoot, I WAS excited about it.

I'm pretty easy going and can dance to different tunes. In fact, I enjoy new experiences. If the only issues had been on board glitches (not differences) I'd have probably been okay. It was the rather large issue that cost me big time that customer service tried desperately to sweep under the rug, during and now after the cruise. I'm still trying to get resolution and its like talking to a machine... same canned response over and over. After trying to talk to someone on the phone for 4 days, through email, I may have someone actually researching it. It's 3 more days now and "we are checking into it". Sigh.

To be clear, I love traveling and any trip I take, on land or sea, is exciting and fun. I was happy I was sailing, I'm just unhappy with the "not my problem" attitude and lackluster customer service.

I don't care what business you are in, if your service is bad, it reflects poorly on the company as a whole.

And, BTW tapi every time I see your upside down puppy, I get a chuckle, love it!

Edited by artypharty
Addituon

I'm just unhappy with the "not my problem" attitude and lackluster customer service.

And, BTW tapi every time I see your upside down puppy, I get a chuckle, love it!

I did cut them a lot of slack from the moment that we booked our cruise, partly because they were new to me and I truly wanted to give them a chance, and partly because we paid so little for this cruise, so I set expectations low. But I know that several customer service issues are not acceptable for many passengers. I did find myself more than once thinking "I can put up with this, but I know that a lot of people won't". My wife wasn't nearly as forgiving as I was. She was much more vocal about the things where MSC needs to improve.

And about the puppy, that's our dog Tapi. [emoji3] She's now 14 years old and still able to lay on her back!

Edited by Tapi

I just wonder what cruise line will let you book cabin for under-aged kids ?

At least on Carnival and Royal you can book the minors in a different cabin as long as the cabins meet a certain criteria. It's been a while, but the last time I booked my kids in a separate cabin, they had to be either adjacent or across from our stateroom. I think that restriction is no longer in place but I'm not 100% sure.

I was looking forward to something different, I wanted to get excited about it. Shoot, I WAS excited about it.

I'm pretty easy going and can dance to different tunes. In fact, I enjoy new experiences. If the only issues had been on board glitches (not differences) I'd have probably been okay. It was the rather large issue that cost me big time that customer service tried desperately to sweep under the rug, during and now after the cruise. I'm still trying to get resolution and its like talking to a machine... same canned response over and over. After trying to talk to someone on the phone for 4 days, through email, I may have someone actually researching it. It's 3 more days now and "we are checking into it". Sigh.

To be clear, I love traveling and any trip I take, on land or sea, is exciting and fun. I was happy I was sailing, I'm just unhappy with the "not my problem" attitude and lackluster customer service.

I don't care what business you are in, if your service is bad, it reflects poorly on the company as a whole.

You still have one big card to play.....Contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. This will cause them all sorts of grief. I have been on both sides of that ploy. There is also a dispute resolution option built into the card agreement very few people ever invoke.

You still have one big card to play.....Contact your credit card company and dispute the charge. This will cause them all sorts of grief. I have been on both sides of that ploy. There is also a dispute resolution option built into the card agreement very few people ever invoke.

Since I have still heard nothing and have given up on them, that is exactly what my plan for today was. I was really hoping to get resolution without having to dispute the charge. ..:(

I don't want to cause them grief, I just want resolution. In all honesty I have gotten nothing but the run around for my patience thus far and feel disputing the charge with my CC company is my last and only option.

Thanks for reinforcing my decision. :)