Another EZ Air question

MsSoCalCruiser

We are booked on the Vancouver to Los Angeles, 3 day coastal, and our flights are booked with EZ Air. We are flying in the same day and I have been told by Princess that they guarantee we will make it to the ship on time. Due to work and other issues we probably will not be able to change our flights.

Have any of you tried this? If so, how was it?

Nobody can "guarantee" you make it to the ship. If your plane goes mechanical, or otherwise gets seriously delayed, you miss the ship.

What they do is guarantee to help you catch the ship at the next port, at their expense. So, given a 3 day cruise...perhaps a sea day the first day...is it worth deliberately cutting it that close on your flights?

Edited by CruiserBruce

We have used EZAir on our last 3 cruises and flown in the day of the cruise. We live in TX and fly out of DFW, so we do not get weather that often that affects our flights. We have found it to be PERFECT in every way and much cheaper than booking our own flights. I would recommend getting the transfer from Princess from the airport. It is so nice to see the Princess rep with their Princess sign in the baggage claim area. You get rid of your luggage once you get on the Princess bus and see it again in your room - so civilized! We have also walked right on the ship on all of our cruises as we get in early afternoon and the crowd has already boarded! Good luck, I think you will be fine!

We are booked on the Vancouver to Los Angeles, 3 day coastal, and our flights are booked with EZ Air. We are flying in the same day and I have been told by Princess that they guarantee we will make it to the ship on time. Due to work and other issues we probably will not be able to change our flights.

Have any of you tried this? If so, how was it?

As said, the only EZ Air guarantee is to try to get you to the next port. Flying from LAX, you shouldn't have problems as there are quite a few flight options. If you booked from SNA, I'd switch to LAX. Not as convenient from the OC but for me, peace of mind. There aren't as many flights between SNA and Vancouver. Was EZ Air that much less than booking on your own? I'll be looking at flights from Vancouver to SNA next April in a few months.

Nobody can "guarantee" you make it to the ship. If your plane goes mechanical, or otherwise gets seriously delayed, you miss the ship.

What they do is guarantee to help you catch the ship at the next port, at their expense. So, given a 3 day cruise...perhaps a sea day the first day...is it worth deliberately cutting it that close on your flights?

I'm sorry, I worded that incorrectly. You are correct.

We have used EZAir on our last 3 cruises and flown in the day of the cruise. We live in TX and fly out of DFW, so we do not get weather that often that affects our flights. We have found it to be PERFECT in every way and much cheaper than booking our own flights. I would recommend getting the transfer from Princess from the airport. It is so nice to see the Princess rep with their Princess sign in the baggage claim area. You get rid of your luggage once you get on the Princess bus and see it again in your room - so civilized! We have also walked right on the ship on all of our cruises as we get in early afternoon and the crowd has already boarded! Good luck, I think you will be fine!

I did purchase the Princess transfer from the airport to the ship. So what you are saying is we just go to that baggage claim area and somebody will be waiting for us? That sounds great. I did the Princess transfer in Seattle and to tell you the truth I cannot remember what we did. I remember it took a long time for the bus to leave but we made it in plenty of time.

I do have a question for you. When I give them my bag at the Princess bus, would I be allowed to keep a carry-on size suitcase with me so I can keep my medications, electronics, change of clothes, and anything of value in my possession?

As said, the only EZ Air guarantee is to try to get you to the next port. Flying from LAX, you shouldn't have problems as there are quite a few flight options. If you booked from SNA, I'd switch to LAX. Not as convenient from the OC but for me, peace of mind. There aren't as many flights between SNA and Vancouver. Was EZ Air that much less than booking on your own? I'll be looking at flights from Vancouver to SNA next April in a few months.

I did book SNA. It was cheaper flying out of LAX but it was going to be a pain to get there that morning. To tell you the truth I never even looked at flights on my own. I figured since I was flying in the morning of the cruise, it would be safer for me to take EZ Air. I'm not positive but if I remember correctly the flight was $163 and that was an unrestricted fare which for some reason was less expensive than the restricted fare. LAX was around $90. That of course, was a much better price but I think my friends would pay the difference to not have to drive me to LAX :D

I did purchase the Princess transfer from the airport to the ship. So what you are saying is we just go to that baggage claim area and somebody will be waiting for us? There will be at least one Princess rep in the luggage claim area. The rep will show you where to deposit your luggage. That sounds great. I did the Princess transfer in Seattle and to tell you the truth I cannot remember what we did. I remember it took a long time for the bus to leave but we made it in plenty of time. They will still wait for the bus to fill up. If your timing is perfect, you will be the last ones on the bus before it leaves.

I do have a question for you. When I give them my bag at the Princess bus, would I be allowed to keep a carry-on size suitcase with me so I can keep my medications, electronics, change of clothes, and anything of value in my possession?

Yes, you can keep your carry-on size suitcase with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Last month, I booked our return flights for May 2017 using EZ Air. Today on my Roll Call for that cruise, quite a few mentioned the price of their EZ AIR flights dropped more than $200. So I checked my airfare, and I noticed it went up about $110/person. Since we have not paid Princess for the air tickets, will the airfare of our booked EZ Air flights be adjusted to the higher price?

Thank you.

Yes, you definitely want to keep your carry on. Depending on the vehicle, you may not be permitted to take it into the passenger compartment, but you will see it be placed in the luggage compartment under the bus and you'll wait for it when you get off.

Pam - what I found with EZ Air (round trip Palm Springs to Seattle) was not so much a better price, although it was a little, but that you have the flexibility to change or cancel up to 45 days prior to flight with no penalty. I originally did a cancel and re-book because the price dropped by about $100 per person and then I made a change because the airline (Alaska) changed their schedule and the new times did not suit us. So being able to make those changes for us was well worth it.

Once we flew non-stop from LAX to YVR on the morning of an Alaska cruise using EZ Air but using the public SkyTrain to get to the ship. Arriving on sailing day we put our ship luggage tags on our bags in case they got misplaced to make them easier to catch up with us during our cruise.

We got worried when our bags didn't arrive on the carousel & after finding the Princess rep were told because they had the ship's tags they probably went directly to the ship. There was no way to confirm they were sent directly to the ship (despite not paying for a Princess transfer) & also no way to confirm they arrived on the ship. Thankfully they were delivered to our cabin shortly before sailing. :)

So if placing ship luggage tags on bags before checking them in for a flight without a Princess transfer that could result in some uncertainty when they don't arrive in baggage claim & hopefully they're transferred directly to the ship. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Once we flew non-stop from LAX to YVR on the morning of an Alaska cruise using EZ Air but using the public SkyTrain to get to the ship. Arriving on sailing day we put our ship luggage tags on our bags in case they got misplaced to make them easier to catch up with us during our cruise.

We got worried when our bags didn't arrive on the carousel & after finding the Princess rep were told because they had the ship's tags they probably went directly to the ship. There was no way to confirm they were sent directly to the ship (despite not paying for a Princess transfer) & also no way to confirm they arrived on the ship. Thankfully they were delivered to our cabin shortly before sailing. :)

So if placing ship luggage tags on bags before checking them in for a flight without a Princess transfer that could result in some uncertainty when they don't arrive in baggage claim & hopefully they're transferred directly to the ship. ;)

Thank you for this information!

Last month, I booked our return flights for May 2017 using EZ Air. Today on my Roll Call for that cruise, quite a few mentioned the price of their EZ AIR flights dropped more than $200. So I checked my airfare, and I noticed it went up about $110/person. Since we have not paid Princess for the air tickets, will the airfare of our booked EZ Air flights be adjusted to the higher price?

Thank you.

No. The EZair price when you booked is the price you will pay. You can go to to your personalizer for that cruise, click on the Payments & Credits and look under booking balance. The price of the airfare will be listed and that is what you will have to pay. They never change the price so it is good to watch the price in case it goes down. If it goes down you will have to take steps (either online or by calling) to get the new lower price.

I have been on several cruises where we were held at the prier waiting for the late arrival of EZair pax. Obviously they cannot wait over night but will wait a reasonable amount of time. We have waited as long as 4 hours so far.

No. The EZair price when you booked is the price you will pay. You can go to to your personalizer for that cruise, click on the Payments & Credits and look under booking balance. The price of the airfare will be listed and that is what you will have to pay. They never change the price so it is good to watch the price in case it goes down. If it goes down you will have to take steps (either online or by calling) to get the new lower price.

I have been on several cruises where we were held at the prier waiting for the late arrival of EZair pax. Obviously they cannot wait over night but will wait a reasonable amount of time. We have waited as long as 4 hours so far.

Thank you. :)

This makes me feel better. Thank you!

The ship will wait for passengers (either booked with EZAir or independently) if circumstances permit.

If the circumstances do not permit, it does not matter how you booked your flights.

We had a cruise out of Houston that was scheduled to leave at 4 PM. A number of passengers flying in that day were delayed due to weather elsewhere. The ship waited until about 10 PM when the last passenger boarded.

Unfortunately, by 10 PM fog had settled in so the ship could not leave.

The fog lifted by 4 AM. But by then the rain was so heavy the ship channel was closed.

Finally left around mid-day once the ship channel reopened.

Re: EZAir changes, we're on the Regal to New England in Oct. There have been two price drops since we reserved air and I changed them without difficulty. It states that as long as the changes are done before final payment, no penalty.

We are in planning stages of next Alaska cruise May 2017 and noticed EZAir offerings are very inconvenient from our small airport. Price okay but may be forced to avoid EZAir. Should work out since our land tour is before cruise. Oh well, pays to "shop around."

Edited by JoRoy218

Re: EZAir changes, we're on the Regal to New England in Oct. There have been two price drops since we reserved air and I changed them without difficulty. It states that as long as the changes are done before final payment, no penalty.

Do you have "flexible" airfare & not "restricted"?

Flexible fares:

Air payment is due on the date of the final cruise payment – not at the time of air booking.

Air charges are fully refundable until 45 days prior to departure.

Restricted fares:

Air charges are non-refundable (e.g. no cash back).

Payment is due immediately upon time of air booking.