Pick a Cruise - Vista vs Magic

hlauburn

We are having a tough time decided on what sailing to do next year. A little background: just sailed the Breeze in March (Spring Break) and loved it! We live in N FL. Cost is pretty much the same. 2 adults, 2 kids (12, 8). We have the Magic booked, but I'm still going back and forth.

So here are the choices:

Magic - March 2017 (Spring Break)

~ Departs Port Canaveral (very short drive for us, and very easy port)

~ 7 nights to St T, Grand Turk, San Juan, Amber Cove (3 ports we've never been to, but none are particularly "must dos" for us)

~ An "older" ship

Vista - late May 2017 (Summer)

~ Departs Miami (longer drive for us, and we found the port/parking/drop off pretty hectic :eek:)

~ 6 nights to 2 of the same ports we went to on Breeze (but liked a lot and wouldn't mind going back to)

~ NEW ship!

Any thoughts/feedback/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Both! :) These are the two ships I've been debating as well. So....we booked the Magic for Christmas and are going to do the Vista next October.

Haha...nice idea, but we have other trips planned, so can only commit to one cruise right now. :)

We are having a tough time decided on what sailing to do next year. A little background: just sailed the Breeze in March (Spring Break) and loved it! We live in N FL. Cost is pretty much the same. 2 adults, 2 kids (12, 8). We have the Magic booked, but I'm still going back and forth.

So here are the choices:

~ 7 nights to St T, Grand Turk, San Juan, Amber Cove (3 ports we've never been to, but none are particularly "must dos" for us)

~ An "older" ship

~ Departs Miami (longer drive for us, and we found the port/parking/drop off pretty hectic :eek:)

~ 6 nights to 2 of the same ports we went to on Breeze (but liked a lot and wouldn't mind going back to)

~ NEW ship!

Thanks!!

I would have a hard time choosing as well! Wanna sail both if i had the magic booked I would just stick with it! Plus i don't know if i would say the magic is old!! She has been out since 2011 but she was just dry docked and has all the newest and great features! That being said there is only a few differences between them! For kids you can't go wrong with either!

Since I view Amber Cove as a cookie cutter Carnival shopping center in a 2 star hotel district with lousy beaches, I won't book any itinerary with A.C. as a cruise stop.

If you book the Vista, you have a brand new ship almost and no spring breakers either.

So one big negative for the Magic and two positives for the Vista!

The convenience of the port is a big selling point for me as it greatly adds to the stress-free factor. Miami is my least favorite embarkation city due to in part to the lack of desirable parking options, and the fact that is SO long a drive. We are doing the Magic itinerary next month; she's just out of dry dock so should be in good shape, and the ports are great (except for Amber Cove, maybe - will probably get off there and check it out but likely will return to the ship early -we enjoy being aboard on port days.

I am not sold on the Vista. It seems that while it is a very attractive ship, I would miss the 'wow' factor of the much smaller atrium, the smaller theater, the smaller dining rooms, etc.

I also don't appreciate the non-accessible Havana pool area. I would probably go with Magic.

There are worse problems to have. Either way you will have a good time.

We have been pricing both for Jan. 2017. It appears to us the Vista is running 30-40% higher. Balconies, the only way we travel, was $1400 on the Vista and $1000 on the Magic. The Vista also has a crappy itinerary in January.

I'd probably say Magic too although I haven't sailed on either. Vista prices might start going down if you wait.

I think we have booked both of the cruises you mention for our upcoming cruises. I know for our vista cruise we are paying about $150 more for 6 nights instead of 7.

We are booked on the Magic next April. I have been looking at Vista in '18 and it already seems like it's slim pickins for the Vista. We are going to try to find something on the Vista, but in the end, for us it's all about the ports. We really want to see St Kitts and that group sometime

So here are the choices:

~ An "older" ship

~ NEW ship!

Thanks!!

Solve the problem and do both.