Palma de Mallorca - DIY?

Roger B. I have emailed Oasis Catamarans twice on the contact page for a quote with no response. Do you think they are still in business? Any other suggestions for a morning catamaran and we would like to visit la Seo afterwards? We are only in port from 8-4 so it's not a lot of time and we thought being on the water would be a cooler option. Thank you! Kris

Roger B. I have emailed Oasis Catamarans twice on the contact page for a quote with no response. Do you think they are still in business? Any other suggestions for a morning catamaran and we would like to visit la Seo afterwards? We are only in port from 8-4 so it's not a lot of time and we thought being on the water would be a cooler option. Thank you! Kris

Hi Kris,

Try this company they have two boats running, I know they are operating as I see them every day .

http://magic-catamarans.com/es?gclid=Cj0KEQjw8pC9BRCqrq37zZil4a0BEiQAZO_zrLuBtAIzP9Cu0Dl4UP8sm4MdP80-egeKe0mzrw_vlWQaAqKM8P8HAQ

Roger b: if we book a four hour morning catamaran sail when we return how far away is LaSeo since we don't want to miss checking it out while in port. Is it a taxi ride, bus, or walking distance? Thanks in advance for your help!!

Roger b: if we book a four hour morning catamaran sail when we return how far away is LaSeo since we don't want to miss checking it out while in port. Is it a taxi ride, bus, or walking distance? Thanks in advance for your help!!

I presume you mean La Seu the Cathedral which is only a 15/20 min walk away from the dock where the catamaran docks, you should have plenty of time and not to be missed !!!

Great thread thank you......We just want to head to the beach

Am I right in thinking we get the #3 bus.

Do you have to pay for sun loungers ?

Are there water sports available?

Thanks in advance

Edited by koopmanclan

Great thread thank you......We just want to head to the beach

Am I right in thinking we get the #3 bus.

Do you have to pay for sun loungers ?

Are there water sports available?

Thanks in advance

The No 3 bus goes to Illetas beach , yes you have to pay for sun loungers , no water skiing , there are pedalo's and paddle boards.

You would need to go to Palma Nova beach to find more water sport activities, If you have small children I would choose Illetas beach ,very safe sandy beach with shallow water.

https://www.seemallorca.com/beaches/illetas-beach-palma-de-mallorca-illetes-(beach-resort)-664304

Hi Kris,

Try this company they have two boats running, I know they are operating as I see them every day .

http://magic-catamarans.com/es?gclid=Cj0KEQjw8pC9BRCqrq37zZil4a0BEiQAZO_zrLuBtAIzP9Cu0Dl4UP8sm4MdP80-egeKe0mzrw_vlWQaAqKM8P8HAQ

If no luck try this one !!!

http://www.attractioncatamarans.com/en/videos/

Thank you Roger. We ended up booking a catamaran tour for 4 hours in the morning thru RCCL directly. It's going to be operated by magic catamarans. Magic was only offering 8 hour tours if booked thru Magic website but said to book with RCCL for the shorted excursion We wanted the shorter tour to visit La Seu after. Thank you for your help. Do you know if we have to buy tickets to visit La Seu Cathredral?

Thank you Roger. We ended up booking a catamaran tour for 4 hours in the morning thru RCCL directly. It's going to be operated by magic catamarans. Magic was only offering 8 hour tours if booked thru Magic website but said to book with RCCL for the shorted excursion We wanted the shorter tour to visit La Seu after. Thank you for your help. Do you know if we have to buy tickets to visit La Seu Cathredral?

Usually no you can buy them at the door , even if there is a queue it moves quickly.

Hi,

I want to take the first train to Soller at 10:10 and then return by taxi/bus/private transfer to the cruise port by 3:30. Ship leaves at 4pm. How is the best option for 5 people? I have 2 elders so prefer something that will not require too much strenuous walking.

I assume taxis are all standard for 4 passengers?

Thanks,

Peter

We have booked a taxi from Port Soller back to cruise ship and have a 58 Euro quote. One way.

We will ride the train the tram to Port Soller in the morning, but wanted to ensure we are back to ship by the (probably) 3:00pm all aboard.

What taxi company did you go with? Can they accommodate 5 passengers?

Thanks!

Hi,

I want to take the first train to Soller at 10:10 and then return by taxi/bus/private transfer to the cruise port by 3:30. Ship leaves at 4pm. How is the best option for 5 people? I have 2 elders so prefer something that will not require too much strenuous walking.

I assume taxis are all standard for 4 passengers?

Thanks,

Peter

Getting back at 3:30 when they leave at 4:00 is cutting it a bit too close for my tastes... Just a single hickup and you miss your ship...

Dear Roger

We will be in Palma in November on a Wednesday from 10am to 8pm. We would like to hire a car, however are struggling to find a company which will deliver to the ship (or pick up close by), all seem to be pick ups from the airport. We have tried Terry's car hire, however they are unable to accommodate a one day hire. Do you have any recommendations?

Many thanks

Guernseycruiser

Thank you for your help. Looking on the map where Harmony OTS is docked - would Bus #1 from Escola de Nautica be the bus to take to Plaza Espana ?

We have just returned from a cruise on Celebrity Equinox, we were lucky enough to be in Palma for two whole days. While we were there RCI, Disney, MSC and Celebrity ships docked in the area on the Palma bus map marked Moll de Paraires (near Club de Mar).

Personally yes I would recommend bus route #1 which runs along Gabriel Roca every 12 to 15 mins. Bus stops just by the road bridge over Gabriel Roca at Club de Mar. The map indicates there is a triangle route around the port drop off but the buses often do not enter the port area, the bus stop in the port area indicates if it is in use, so safest is to go to main road. The #1 is signed Airport (trip into town) or Port (trip back to port). It costs 1.50 Euro to Placa Espanya and takes quite a direct route. On our second day in Palma we also used bus #1 to go to the cathedral getting off at the point where the bus turns left off Gabriel Roca away from the sea front onto Argentina. From there the walk is about 10 mins to the Cathedral direct or there are lovely back streets to walk through on the way to the cathedral. The bus trip took around 20 mins to Placa Espanya and 10 to Argentina.

The ships shuttle cost 10 Euro/day and drops you at Moll Commercial with all other tour buses etc, near the cathedral, although the fare includes as many returns as you want.

Download the current bus map from here.

http://www.emtpalma.es/EMTPalma/Front/imgdb/265791.pdf

Hi. This thread is vey helpful for sure.

We will be on Harmony of the Seas Oct 24. According to one thing I picked up from a site that sells tickets for the HOHO bus is that we will be docked at the "other" port terminal. The name escapes me right now. Deiseig?

Question is: I really wanted to do the HOHO bus from the port, see the city, maybe get off at the Olivar Market for lunch, do El Cortes Ingles, Bellver, and back to the ship. But now, it seems we have to cab it to the HOHO bus and then back to the terminal. I know it is not too expensive but I am sure the cabbies are the same as in Rome and Naples. They just don't want to do such short trips. I actually don't blame them!

Is this the only option other than a private tour or ship's tour? Is there anything around that terminal worth looking at? Any shopping or NON-tourist lunch spot? If we opt for the cab to the HOHO, where should we tell the cab to let us off? Maybe go direct to the Market by cab and then can we catch the HOHO bus near there and pay on board?

Thanks!

Edited by drdaddy

The Palma bus map pdf file

http://www.emtpalma.es/EMTPalma/Front/imgdb/265791.pdf

is one of the most useful and comprehensive I have seen, you can zoom in and it shows every bus stop on every route. On top of a reasonably detailed Palma map. I believe the HOHO bus is bus route #50 the stops appear to be the same. We saw the stop just outside the terminal building at Estacions Maritimes where most of the cruise ships docked while we were there. However for ships docked at the furthest location at Dic de l’Oest, the #1 bus starts there and I think I would catch it either to the nearest intersection with a bus stop for #50 (first one is about three stops) or may as well catch the #1 further into town for an intersection there.

Dear Roger

We will be in Palma in November on a Wednesday from 10am to 8pm. We would like to hire a car, however are struggling to find a company which will deliver to the ship (or pick up close by), all seem to be pick ups from the airport. We have tried Terry's car hire, however they are unable to accommodate a one day hire. Do you have any recommendations?

Many thanks

Guernseycruiser

Back on the job now after 10 days on Oceania Marina !! Nearest car hire is a 20 min walk away .

http://www.cochediez.com/alquiler-coches/illes-balears/palma-de-mallorca/casa-mascaro~3208.aspx

or you can try

https://www.arashrentacar.com/

Who will deliver the car to the port ask for Carlos .

I have signed up on Eatwith.com for a sherry and jamon tasting at;

Carrer de Blanquerna, 8, 07003 Palma, Illes Balears, Spain

Should I taxi there or is there a simple bus to take from the cruise port?

Sorry no simple bus ride get a taxi !!!

Got any advice for families with gradeschool aged kids?

We will be there mid- October, so I'm guessing it will be pleasant to be outside but too cool to sunbathe or swim? It's a Sunday so the Basicilla is closed.

I was thinking we may do one of the walks on the seemallorca website? I would love to pick up some picnic supplies and find a nice spot to hang out for a bit. But a nice lunch would be great too.

Do you think the caves are a good fit for kids?

Got any advice for families with gradeschool aged kids?

We will be there mid- October, so I'm guessing it will be pleasant to be outside but too cool to sunbathe or swim? It's a Sunday so the Basicilla is closed.

I was thinking we may do one of the walks on the seemallorca website? I would love to pick up some picnic supplies and find a nice spot to hang out for a bit. But a nice lunch would be great too.

Do you think the caves are a good fit for kids?

You will be surprised that it will be still warm in mid October and is my favorite month, no crowds , Caves are a great idea and car hire is cheaper.

Hire a car about 20/30 euros a day and you can be free as a bird, roads are empty and if the weather is hot go to the beach.

So if it is a nice lunch you are after drive to the Port de Andratx and have lunch on the Quay, so many choices pick something and I can advise .