Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

Oh dear lol I think they will add another category between platinum and diamond .. Or increase the amount of days .. I believe they will possibly remove some platinum perks to the newer level in between such as the party, wash and fold service. I think the free water will be removed from gold .. The last cruise I went on it was quicker to stand in the non platinum line for guest services ..

Whilst it would be a bad thing for a lot of people (myself including) as I really want to get to diamond it might be fun to see what precious gemstone level they create ... Tanzanite? Sapphire? Emerald?

I can only imagine what people did on cruises before wifi....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Actually it was prettynice people actually taked to each other and did not have their face in the phone. We sat at dinner a few trips back and 3 ladies all they did the whole night was play on the phone..

I work in social media and i am glad not to have the phone with me.

• 3 months later...

It has been 6 months since John Heald mentioned on his FB that the beards are working on changing the loyalty program somewhat and over two years since Arnold Donald mentioned that plans were in the works for a program that would cut across the nine brands and still nothing...why do they even mention anything about it and then apparently do nothing over such a long period and keep everyone guessing forever...better not to have mentioned anything until they were close to starting it...that's all I'm saying..

It has been 6 months since John Heald mentioned on his FB that the beards are working on changing the loyalty program somewhat and over two years since Arnold Donald mentioned that plans were in the works for a program that would cut across the nine brands and still nothing...why do they even mention anything about it and then apparently do nothing over such a long period and keep everyone guessing forever...better not to have mentioned anything until they were close to starting it...that's all I'm saying..

Unfortunately this is how it's worked for a while.

Last time John Heald kept saying the changes were to be "brilliant" but in reality most lost perks. Nothing "brilliant" about that....at all! [emoji35]

Thank goodness we don't cruise for the loyalty perks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Unfortunately they promise a better loyalty program everyone gets excited and than nothing happens for a long time.

Last time it consisted of taking things away from all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping they don't change it. I'd like to see a better program but the last time I was really upset. I know most of you say you don't cruise for the perks. And neither do I however, it was a nice little bonus I had been working for and they ripped it away. So I'm thinking no news is better than bad news.

I'm hoping they don't change it. I'd like to see a better program but the last time I was really upset. I know most of you say you don't cruise for the perks. And neither do I however, it was a nice little bonus I had been working for and they ripped it away. So I'm thinking no news is better than bad news.

People can say they do not cruise for the perks but perks do make it better and more reason to stay within the Carnival family when perks come with you.

People can say they do not cruise for the perks but perks do make it better and more reason to stay within the Carnival family when perks come with you.

Agreed. Our next two cruises are with NCL. I love Carnival but there's no reason to stay loyal especially if I'm getting better deals elsewhere...

Agreed. Our next two cruises are with NCL. I love Carnival but there's no reason to stay loyal especially if I'm getting better deals elsewhere...

This! We have been going back and forth between CCL and NCL. NCL has been giving us better deals as of late, and after 5 cruises with NCL we are almost at their highest loyalty level - and that is with booking regular balconies - no suites.

This! We have been going back and forth between CCL and NCL. NCL has been giving us better deals as of late, and after 5 cruises with NCL we are almost at their highest loyalty level - and that is with booking regular balconies - no suites.

The problem with the NCL program is that so many people are at the highest level and it means less. You will feel that way if and when you have 20 cruises, the benefits won't feel like much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was honestly very bummed when they change how you get beyond Gold. I was 1 cruise off when it changed. Now I need 2 fulls plus a short one to move up. Yes they said hey if you cruise in the next X months (I think it was 12) we will grandfather you in but it was at a time when we couldn't do from a family or financial state.

Hasn't changed that I've stuck with Carnival since then but I really would have liked to have the status. I will keep cruising them and within the next 1-2 years I will probably make it but in the meantime I still think what could have been.

Really? I might have to start looking into NCL then. Thanks for that info.

We found that we liked Princess for European cruises, kind of like CCL used to be and do miss the perks