Pros and Cons of Booking Port or Starboard Cabin on Oasis

Don't for get this is the origin of the phrase it's a bit posh, from transatlantic tickets sold Port Out Starboard Home, for the most expensive sailing option, hence "the're POSH"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the trivia tidbit. Really cute! :)

I was on Allure and I found that class of ship very difficult to navigate. It was hard to get from one side to the other because of the large space in the middle of the ship - Central Park and Boardwalk. You can't just walk across the hallway to get to the other side rather you have to plan where you are going before you start out. What I did was go to neatest elevator bank and look at the ship map. If you locate the front of ship, turn and face it. Starboard is on the right and Port is on the left (4 letters in Port and 4 letters in left). They also have installed location interactive software on these maps that are located by the stairs, dining areas and elevators. [/i]

Wow!! Great info. I'm going on the oasis in September and have even watched funny you tube videos on people finding their room. Lol. I'm debating on putting some decorations on my door. After a few cocktails , I can use any help I can get.

Don't for get this is the origin of the phrase it's a bit posh, from transatlantic tickets sold Port Out Starboard Home, for the most expensive sailing option, hence "the're POSH"

I did not know that, thanks for sharing!

It's not factual anyway, but it was for the trip to India, not Trans Atlantic. Pretty sure it originated with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Written by Ian Fleming of James Bond fame.

• 5 months later...