Carnival Hawaii questions

waytoodeep03

We took it Vancouver to Hawaii last year in Sept. Weather was very nice. Vancouver was lovely, we took a tour around it and wished we had taken an extra day there (Although it was already getting a bit chilly in Sept.) The Legend was great and we loved the CD (Jen) and her group - they made the cruise so much fun! We took 3 days in Oahu at the end of - very nice vacation! :)

• 3 months later...
So true about demographics. Longer cruises, especially those when school is traditionally in session will have an older average age.

Our 13 & 15 day Carnival cruises had an average age only a few years younger than our similar length Princess cruises. All out of Los Angeles. Vibe is mellow fun on Carnival. Just mellow (almost dull) on Princess.

Carnival does have a wider demographics dealing with age and job description.

West Coast cruises, generally, have a different vibe than Caribbean cruises. Several CDs have said that some things that work over there just don't work over here.

We have done one cruise to Hawaii on NCL. Got to stay in Maui 2 days and same for Kauai, we loved this cruise. Ship was pretty, and staff was fun. I would do this again! We have done two Princess cruises, first one was such a slow vibe-"dull", second one was 40% families, and then we old folks, this was a good mix and fun. Loved hawaii and am considering a cruise on Carnival.

We are going in September from Vancouver- hits all 5 ports with a full day (14 hrs) in Maui and an overnight in Honolulu. Since it ends in Honolulu after 2 days we are electing to stay there then an additional week to do even more--so I guess we are getting the best of both (land and cruise)

Hi there! We're on the same cruise! Be sure to join the roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2393991

We are going in September from Vancouver- hits all 5 ports with a full day (14 hrs) in Maui and an overnight in Honolulu. Since it ends in Honolulu after 2 days we are electing to stay there then an additional week to do even more--so I guess we are getting the best of both (land and cruise)

There is no overnight in Honolulu on this cruise. The ship leaves at 4 pm to go to Australia.

My wife and I are sailing on Splendor in January 2019. 14 day from Long Beach. Would rather do land-based vacation, but the long flights are a drawback. Plus, she loves sea days and would rather have those than many ports of call. One thing is for sure, we'll have to plan our port days carefully for this one.

There is no overnight in Honolulu on this cruise. The ship leaves at 4 pm to go to Australia.

The September '17 cruise is as you described. The September '18 cruise - which both myself and my soon-to-be best friend :cool: are on - DOES have an overnight at the end of the cruise in Honolulu.

September 2018 Cruise does have an overnight in Honolulu (arriving Sun morning, docked until Monday). It then sails Monday night to the Polynesian Islands. We went with '18 over '17 for that reason (basically one less night of a hotel!!!)

September 2018 Cruise does have an overnight in Honolulu (arriving Sun morning, docked until Monday). It then sails Monday night to the Polynesian Islands. We went with '18 over '17 for that reason (basically one less night of a hotel!!!)

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Your post that I quoted said that you were going in September, I guess I was wrong for assuming that it was this year. Usually that is what it means when you don't add a year on to it.

The September '17 cruise is as you described. The September '18 cruise - which both myself and my soon-to-be best friend :cool: are on - DOES have an overnight at the end of the cruise in Honolulu.

They didn't have a year attached, so I wrongly assumed that it was this year.

If you go in September you go at the right time for the big Aloha Festival on Oahu The block party and parades are awesome! If you go in April/May getting a room may be hard as it may coincide with Golden Week. Golden week is a week of public holidays in Japan and they head for Hawaii for a week. Also keep in mind that May 1st is Lei Day and can be considered a public holiday by some businesses in the state of Hawaii. Also the last week of April is traditionally "Waikiki Spam Jam" too where spam lovers from all over come to share their love for Spam!

So if you want to see the culture of Hawaii go in September. If you want bargains on clothing etc or witness the quirky side of Oahu go in April/May.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just did the 15 day RT outta Long Bch Jan 14th. We booked this about a year + a half ago. We love sea days so 10 sea days was nothin to us. Big mistake! We had a 30 mph headwind all the way there + back. Missed 2 ports due to weather. Could not sunbath on upper decks due to wind + the deckchairs were all strapped down or they'd blow off. Loved Hawaii, loved the Miracle, very disappointed with the cruise.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Your post that I quoted said that you were going in September, I guess I was wrong for assuming that it was this year. Usually that is what it means when you don't add a year on to it.

That was my bad for not putting the year on--I guess I was just hoping it was 2018 already, ha!!

We just did the 15 day RT outta Long Bch Jan 14th. We booked this about a year + a half ago. We love sea days so 10 sea days was nothin to us. Big mistake! We had a 30 mph headwind all the way there + back. Missed 2 ports due to weather. Could not sunbath on upper decks due to wind + the deckchairs were all strapped down or they'd blow off. Loved Hawaii, loved the Miracle, very disappointed with the cruise.

Mother nature can do that to us.

Did one Dec 2014 on Carnival and lousy weather and ship propulsion problems missed Maui.

Went again Dec 2015 on Princess and great weather.

Both great trips but you never know about weather.

We did the Vancouver to Hawaii Sept.15, 2015 two days pre stay in Vancouver wonderful city , enjoyed all the ports but we stayed a week in Honolulu after the cruise so far the best post stay. Will be doing Hawaii again 2019 with Honolulu the last port for a 2 week stay