Two Weeks

Kevin308

Two weeks till our first Cruise I am very excited.

I have a question after not wanting to do the elegant night we have changed her mind. My wife has two questions. One do they allow hair curlers on the ship? (I didn't see were they were not allowed) Second the web site shows they do hair styling. Which is great but it says the price and up. How much does they hair styling normally actually cost? Thanks guys.

Hair curlers should be fine. Here is a website with an idea on prices for the salon services. The rates are cheaper on port days. http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/794-carnival-cruise-spa-prices

Don't worry too much about elegant night. While others will argue on here, in my experience you don't have to get super dressed up. Last time I wore a black skirt and I brought a few nice blouses to go with it. I saw many women wearing dress pants as well. After seeing that, next time I am just going to bring a nice pair of pants and blouses. My husband just wore a shirt and tie with black dress pants. Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I have also taken hot rollers &/or curling iron. I agree, dress up & make it feel special if you want to. Enjoy your 1st cruise.

I too have taken hot roller and curling iron with no problem.

As to the DW not wanting to do "elegant" on Carnival- there really is no such requirement for truly dressing up - the minimum dress code for Carnival's elegant nights is what some other lines require for their regular nights.

My DH wears Khaki pants, a cotton collared shirt, and loafers on "elegant night" ... I wear black dress pants, a sparkly top, and black strappy sandals. There are lots of folks more dressed up than us and lots less dressed up.

You'll see all manner of dress on CE night. Maybe a tux or two, suit, sport coat to guys wearing shorts because they've decided to eat at the buffet.

Many will dress for dinner then change afterwards. For women it'll be the he same style- ball gowns to shorts

Edited by SadieN

I also wear silky black dress pants & fancier top for Elegant Night. We do B2B so have 4 Elegant Nights. I repeat them the 2nd week.

My DH does wear his suit, though. He says if he has to put on dress pants, dress shirt, & dress shoes, he may as well add the tie and suitcoat!

Thanks guys and gals. It is our 20th aniversery so we are looking forward too it. She has bought a dress and told me I am wearing a suit and tie. So that is what is going to happen. If it makes her happy I am happy.

OMG..yes you may bring ANY and ALL hair appliances! If you couldn't, women would NOT cruise!!!!

lol- so true

Kevin308- happy wife, happy life. Welcome to your new addiction- cruising.

Edited by Banditswife